• The owner/Administrator and Moderators of Diabetes Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. Advertising is not allowed without prior permission. This includes, other message boards, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and other forms of solicitation.
• Unauthorized advertising of any form is not tolerated in any forum. We will not tolerate any form of advertising without prior approval. Diabetes forums are not a free service to help individuals make money. If you want to advertise email can be sent to: Here
The following are considered spam:
• Links to other sites that are relevant to the discussion are fine, but promoting your own or someone else’s commercial venture or competing site isn’t. This rule applies to all functions of the site, including e-mails and private messages.
• Very short posts that do not add value to the current discussion. For example, a post with only the words "yeah me too!" are spam. Such posts will be deleted and the post count resulting from them will be lost.
• Double posts, if you posted something and realized you made a mistake, use the edit/delete option. If you make another post adjacent to your previous post, the new post will be deleted.
• Off topic posts will be either removed or moved to the appropriate place, depending on moderator.
• Posts that obviously serve no purpose other than upping one's post counts. This is up to the moderators to decide.
• Posts like "XXX, I have a question for you" are considered spam. They should be done via private messaging.
• Posts that contain large amounts of smile's and/or spaces to make it look like they contain useful information often don't. Be aware of those tactics to quickly up post count. And any other posts that we deem inappropriate for other readers.
• These fall under the same rules as SPAM:
We all heard “Your First impression is your last one” While every member is encouraged to make a thread in the intro forum. You are not allowed to introduce yourself by promoting your venture. This doesn’t make a good impression, such post will result in you being banned. We are very strict on this rule.
• In short we all hate spam, so let’s not contribute to spreading it. Solicitation and self-promotion is not allowed. Diabetes Forums does not provide free advertising space. It is at the discretion of the board owners to make the final decision as to what constitutes spam, but just use common sense and we’ll be fine. When in doubt, contact, Tony or one of the Moderators.
Reading/Replying to Posts:
• Please read through posts entirely before responding. Skimming or speed reading can cause missed information or misinterpretation of posts. Responses should address questions of either the original poster, or at least provide information or experiences relevant to the topics at hand.
Going Off Topic:
• Please try to remain on topic within the thread. Sometimes, it is impossible not to veer off into other areas of discussion, but try to conclude responses with respect to the original subject.
Please be respectful of fellow posters:
• It's alright to disagree, but do so in a tactful manner. Ridiculing, flaming, criticizing, degrading or any other kind of harshness will Not be tolerated, there will be no comments about racism, sexual orientation, nor religion. These comments are hurtful and offensive and are grounds for dismissal/banning. Be kind to others and mindful of how responses are formed. Most of all, remember that while certain regimes might work for one, they may or may not work for others. Pushing your regime on one or taking over threads to push your regime will not be tolerated.
• Sexual content is not permitted except in the most general context. Anything which could be hurtful to someone else (within reason) is course for a warning to be given. This includes posting links or pictures of pornographic material, sexually explicit avatars, sexist jokes, and use of violent sexual language, unwanted sexual advances, and anything else that could be hurtful and offensive. If you wouldn't see it on prime time television, it shouldn't be on this website. Violators will be warned and their posts will be deleted. Repeat offenders may be banned from Diabetesforums.com