• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

August

August

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
The reason that we use the term: "Type 2" diabetes instead of "Type II", is so that physicians won't think that there is a Type Eleven diabetes.

duck

duck

• Seniors
  • 6,671 posts

The reason that we use the term: "Type 2" diabetes instead of "Type II", is so that physicians won't think that there is a Type Eleven diabetes.

You know what's sad? That didn't make me laugh. Not because it's not funny, but because it's true.
Look what you've done to this rock-n-roll clown!

JediSkipdogg

JediSkipdogg

• Seniors
  • 8,776 posts
  • I am a:Type 1
Heck, trying to read some's handwriting sometimes I think we'd have 2 million types. No wonder why most billing forms have every condition and method on them and all the doc's have to do is check the ones you were treated for that day. At least they can handle a check mark.

●Police Dispatcher
●Type 1 diabetic since 11 months old
●Pumper since December of 2002
~Animas IR 1000 (Dec. 2002 - Jan. 2005)
~Animas IR 1200 (Jan. 2005 - Jan. 2009)
~Cozmo 1800 (Jan. 2009 - ?)
●Dexcom Seven+ (Aug 1, 2009 - Oct 31, 2012)
●Dexcom G4 (Nov 1, 2012 - ???)

Diabetes is an Art, NOT a Science. You must master the control by skills and not by knowledge alone.

pinkytricia

pinkytricia

• Seniors
  • 730 posts
Yep!!! That's why I don't work for Home Health / Hospice any more. { 14 years was enough for me} ...LOL ....

I love my job now, I love my job now.....

Cyborg

Cyborg

• Seniors
  • 7,866 posts
It's amazing how the pharmacists are able to decipher some of the chicken scratch they come across. :albertein

grace girl

grace girl

• Seniors
  • 1,500 posts
Of course, if you give it a few years, they will come up with type 11.

JediSkipdogg

JediSkipdogg

• Seniors
  • 8,776 posts

Of course, if you give it a few years, they will come up with type 11.

I doubt it. It seems instead of coming up with types anymore they give them other names. Personally, for an insurance company it must be a nightmare. Type 1, Type 2, Type 1.5, Type 3 (kinda new and not fully recognized), LADA, pre-diabetes, MODY, etc. What happened to KISS? (Keep It Simple Stupid)

It's amazing how the pharmacists are able to decipher some of the chicken scratch they come across. :albertein

That's why we get quite a few cases a month (about 2-3) of prescription fraud of some sort. And most times it's simply changing the prescription and it's only noticed AFTER they fill the prescription. Then they decide to call us. Not sure why they don't before they fill it.

Our most recent one is a guy that was legally prescribed oxycodone. He was prescribed 90 20mg pills a month. He just made it 90 40mg pills a month. He admitted to doing it more than just once, but the pharmacies shred their precriptions and don't keep track of any evidence and neither do most doctors. So tracking what was truely prescribed is nearly impossible.

●Police Dispatcher

Diabetes is an Art, NOT a Science. You must master the control by skills and not by knowledge alone.

Funnygrl

Funnygrl

• Seniors
  • 6,763 posts

I doubt it. It seems instead of coming up with types anymore they give them other names. Personally, for an insurance company it must be a nightmare. Type 1, Type 2, Type 1.5, Type 3 (kinda new and not fully recognized), LADA, pre-diabetes, MODY, etc. What happened to KISS? (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Insurance companies use ICD-9 codes. There are actually tons of ICD-9 codes for diabetes, and they haven't altered them to include type 3 or 1.5. I get the ICD-9 code for either type 1 or diabetes, unspecified type every time I get a script that requires one.

duck

duck

• Seniors
  • 6,671 posts

Who are you calling stupid? :hmpf:

JediSkipdogg

JediSkipdogg

• Seniors
  • 8,776 posts

Who are you calling stupid? :hmpf:

Whoever adds to the diabetes title. It's ok to have multiple types, but they shoudl either be all number based or all name based. Not both.

●Police Dispatcher

Funnygrl

Funnygrl

• Seniors
  • 6,763 posts

Whoever adds to the diabetes title. It's ok to have multiple types, but they shoudl either be all number based or all name based. Not both.

I wonder if the AACE is looking for new members?

BriOnH

BriOnH

• Seniors
  • 2,607 posts

This joke is so immidiatly bad I can't even laugh when thinking about it twice. Wait.....lol, ok I laughed a little. Presuming this isn't a joke, and what the heck, I dont have anything better to do at the moment, your statement is pretty wild.

I forget what this is called (need to go through all my old logic/philosophy notes, there is a latin word that defins this type of argument - poloticians and comdians[Bill Mahr ALL the time] often use this one) but just because a (a=premise1) is arguably true your reason why severely lacks credit and is deemed false(logically). In a list of why you would like this 'law' of using arabic numerals instead of roman numerals to label diabetic types, surely you can pick a more reasonable arguement then that.

Handwriting for example was one. I for I prefer roman numerals. :)

seacomp

seacomp

• Seniors
  • 1,349 posts

Diabetes types are numerated only in octal. Since most doctors don't know hexadecimal.

duck

duck

• Seniors
  • 6,671 posts

Jedi, you know I was joking, right?

Years ago, during the Post-Clinton Recession, on a computer-certification forum, there was a newbie complaining about how technology was a joke industry, and that she was going to go back to personal training since it paid better. Some other members came along agreeing...

Duck made the mistake of A) quoting the first newbie, and B) then using what I thought was a well-known phrase: "It's the economy, stupid" (For those who don't know, I put the link below). Anyway, this newbie reads my reply, and she gets MAD. Tells me if I ever call her stupid again "I'll shove my MCSE book up your ass." One of the moderators asked her to calm down, and explained where the phrase came from (and the mod was British), but she never posted again.

On the one hand, I felt bad for insulting her. On the other, I hope personal training is working out, because I am really glad she left the technology field if common lexicon is not her strong suit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_the_economy,_stupid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users