Photo

what's the best way to lose weight for a prediabetic?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Determined D

Determined D

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
welocme your opinions ! DD

Larry H.

Larry H.

• Seniors
  • 789 posts
Since loosing weight is directly determined by what, and how much you eat I needed to take a look at what I was eating and then gradually get down to what the recommendations for diabetes are. At least check out the Medline on google, it will send you to a number of main stream organizations dealing in helping diabetics. Maybe not the perfect advice, but I am certian that as I did, you will lose weight if you pay attention to what it says and then follow it. I also had to get off my duff and move, at least a half an hour a day of walking briskly.. Many do more with weight training.

My guess would be that if you were to write down every thing you eat in a day and the calories you would be very surprised at how many your consuming. Plus for diabetics we have to watch the carb content and keep it to a much lower level than most of us have been used to eating. Some thing contain like 80 carbs and I could easily eat four or five serving sizes and think it was fine.. It might be if you don't have a problem, but all that extra food does start to cause one. The other thing is to read what it suggest about using mostly whole grain flours, sugar substitues, ect. I lost 30 pounds in 3 months by cutting down to what the american diabetes association guidelines were. You have to read every lable and recipe to be sure what your actually eating and pay attention to the serving size..
You can do it, but not doubt it will take some determination and changing old habits. Thats the hardest part..
Good luck

fit226

fit226

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
the best way to lose weight is burn more calories then you intake...as simple as that...you need to know what you ideal metabolic rate is and adjust your calories accordingly.

fit226

jvetter18

jvetter18

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • I am a:Type 1.5
Fits right.
Eat
Less
Exercise
More

ELEM
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right. - Jerry Garcia :thrasher: :rock:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users