- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Harold

Harold

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 6,171 posts
Went to my Doc yesterday for my three month checkup. Found out my HBA1c at my previous check up was 5.8, lowest since dx. Normally I take a stamped self address envelope and have his nurse send me a copy, but I forgot that time just having come off of vacation. This time he didn't take any blood, he wants to do another fasting check. Don't know why, but I'm going to wait till after I go to the gastro next month because he'll want some blood as well.

Have not heard anyone here say anything about getting copies of their lab reports and was wondering if any of you did so.

Also does anyone elses doctor do fasting blood checks every year or two, and do you know what they are looking for?

millien

millien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
The years I have been on medication (oral) for diabetes I see Dr. every three months. Each time a fasting blood sugar is done. This is not only to check what it is that day but how I have been doing over the past 3 months. I don't recall the exact name of the 3 month test but you cannot trick it as you can a particular day.

Harold

Harold

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 6,171 posts
Been on oral (avandia) since dx'd and every three months he does several blood test, usually the HBA1c, cholesterol, and smack. I just have not been doing the fasting before testing. The HBA1c does not require fasting, however the glucose tolerence does but I don't know if that is what he has in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users