- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

boomtheroom

boomtheroom

• 500 plus
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
how many people have had autoantibody tests and tested positive or negative if so which ones? ia2,ica,gad etc
type1 lada mody or type2

mortis505

mortis505

Browncoat

• 500 plus
  • 2,185 posts
  • LocationFederal Way, Wa
  • I am a:Type 1.5
mine was done when I went to the E.R. they told me that I was insulin dependent, then when I got into see an endo the following week she explained about the tests and the dx of lada.
Type 1.5 and Hashimotos
MM522
Accu-Check Aviva (VA provided)
50mcg Levothyroxin
2.5Mg Lisinopril
80Mg Pravastatin

Facebook

bluesgirl102

bluesgirl102

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
I tested positive for the GAD antibodies. Originally I was diagnosed as a type 2 but of course that diagnosis went out the window and I was changed to LADA.

Cyborg

Cyborg

• 500 plus
  • 7,865 posts

I tested positive for the GAD antibodies. Originally I was diagnosed as a type 2 but of course that diagnosis went out the window and I was changed to LADA.

Same thing happened with me...
You may call me Locutus Posted Image

boomtheroom

boomtheroom

• 500 plus
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
well i got a email from my endo today i tested positive for ana (Antinuclear antibodies )
i dont know if this is related to my diabetes but it seems strange that i tested negative for all other autoantibodies,anyone had any experience with this?

sweetblood

sweetblood

• 500 plus
  • 488 posts
i also tested pos for ana too a while back...they told me not to worry since that was only abnormal value...not sure what that could indicate, maybe an infection...

i DONT think its related to diabetes...at least dr didnt tell me it was...i THINK she said it could be related to autoimmune disease like lupus...but mine was isolated so im not to worry.
type 2 diabetes
stage 1 renal disease w HTN
asthma
B 12 def
biotin def

a1c 1/27/11: 5.5 :D--holding steady...

A1c 12/3/13: 5.7

Insulin AB: negative
GAD 65: negative

just a swingin' :eek:

Born fighting, forever a fighter!

PERSIST AND DOORS WILL OPEN

boomtheroom

boomtheroom

• 500 plus
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

i DONT think its related to diabetes...at least dr didnt tell me it was...i THINK she said it could be related to autoimmune disease like lupus...but mine was isolated so im not to worry.

so did they eliminate lupus, from the possibilities? do u remember what the reading was?

LantusFiend

LantusFiend

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
They tested for 3 antibodies for the diabetes and then a bunch of other things.
I was way way way positive for the ICA 512 autoantibodies, like 50 times the upper limit of normal.
I was less spectacularly positive for GAD 65 antibodies, about 4 times the upper limit of normal.
I was negative for insulin autoantibodies.
It's Jonah!

boomtheroom

boomtheroom

• 500 plus
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

so did they eliminate lupus, from the possibilities? do u remember what the reading was?

reading was 320

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users