Photo

Feel hot like a fever, but no fever....anyone had this?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

MinimedPumper07

MinimedPumper07

• Members
  • 389 posts
Every once in a while I get really hot and feel dizzy as if I were sick but I know I'm not and I don't have a headache. Anyone have any ideas?
Diagnosed September 18th, 2006
Pumping with Animas IR 1250 from December 18th, 2006-January 25th, 2007 (I don't like stinging boluses)
Pumping with Minimed 722 since January 25th, 2007

dekockc

dekockc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
My son (aged 8) often feels like this and when I test, the sugar is on the high side - 14 and higher. I can even feel the heat if I feel the portion on his neck right below the round bone behind the ear( sorry don't know how else to describe this eara!). It literally feels hotter than normal.

KEVIN88GT

KEVIN88GT

• Members
  • 147 posts
feeling hot or flushed can be a symptom of hyperglycemia.... I often feel hot or flushed when my sugars are up.... do a finger stick.... if you BGL levels are normal and you're still concerned...just measure your temp.

dodo

dodo

• Members
  • 193 posts
It happens to me too! But I don't always have high BGs when it happens.:confused:

Dominique
Type 1

tanyatype1

tanyatype1

• Seniors
  • 1,889 posts
That's funny because my hubby's not diabetic, but I just took his temperature because he's all hot and sweaty. I had to laugh because his temp's a perfect 96.9! I don't know what's going on!
:coffee:

Happiness isn't getting what you want.....
It's wanting what you've got.

shockme

shockme

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,316 posts
when i feel flushed and dizzy,like i may pass out- it means i'm low....trish
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]jan.a1c-9.2...may a1c-6.1...aug.a1c-5.8 jan.a1c 6.0Posted Image

xMenace

xMenace

• Seniors
  • 11,125 posts

That's funny because my hubby's not diabetic, but I just took his temperature because he's all hot and sweaty. I had to laugh because his temp's a perfect 96.9! I don't know what's going on!

Too funny!

Take care of him nurse Tanya! :D :nurse:

Virginia Woolf: “Consider how common illness is, how tremendous the spiritual change that it brings, how astonishing, when the lights of health go down, the undiscovered countries that are then disclosed, what wastes and deserts of the soul a slight attack of influenza brings to view, what precipices and lawns sprinkled with bright flowers a little rise of temperature reveals, what ancient and obdurate oaks are uprooted in us by the act of sickness, how we go down in the pit of death and feel the waters of annihilation close above our heads and wake thinking to find ourselves in the presence of the angels and the harpers when we have a tooth out and come to the surface in the dentist's arm-chair and confuse his "Rinse the mouth-rinse the mouth" with the greeting of the Deity stooping from the floor of Heaven to welcome us - when we think of this, as we are so frequently forced to think of it, it becomes strange indeed that illness has not taken its place with love and battle and jealousy among the prime themes of literature”
Back on MDI and doing well. Trying Victoza and loving it. A1C 6.0, no major hypos; a few highs; lots of shots. Diagnosed Oct 19th, 1975.
HDL-101; LDL-64; TG-36; TOT-172

shockme

shockme

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,316 posts

Too funny!

remeber tanya-rectal temps are the most accurate....;) trish
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]jan.a1c-9.2...may a1c-6.1...aug.a1c-5.8 jan.a1c 6.0Posted Image

MinimedPumper07

MinimedPumper07

• Members
  • 389 posts

It happens to me too! But I don't always have high BGs when it happens.:confused:

thats exactly what I mean. I test and I'm at 100 or something perfect like that. Could this be thyroid problems or me just being a hypochondriacc?
Pumping with Animas IR 1250 from December 18th, 2006-January 25th, 2007 (I don't like stinging boluses)

TenderVittleS

TenderVittleS

Banned

• Banned
  • 387 posts
I think it might have something to do with the thyroid, are you on synthroid? Sometimes that happens to me too, but usually my BS is on the rise when it happens.

grace girl

grace girl

• Seniors
  • 1,500 posts
Well, this might totally be an old wives tale, but my Grandma (who is 99) swears by it.
Whenever I (or anyone else) felt like they had a fever but didn't, she called it an internal fever, and would treat us just like we actually had a fever.
More than once we'd actually be sick within a day or so...maybe it's some sort of internal precursor...I don't know!
~Holly~
Incorrectly dx'ed type 2 7/00 :eek:
Correctly dx'ed type 1 5/01
MDI
Lantus 2x daily & Humalog

silverfrost

silverfrost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
I only get hot and sweaty when I'm running quite low. I tend to feel cold when I'm high (aside from feeling really ill).
-Jenny

HbA1c
May 2007 (@ Diagnosis): 15.9
November 2007: 6.3
March 2008: 5.5
November 2008: 5.2

Pumping with Minimed 522 Clear. :)

tanyatype1

tanyatype1

• Seniors
  • 1,889 posts

Too funny!

I'm going to whisper this,.......my hubby is a giant BABY when he's sick! Sssshhhhhh!

remeber tanya-rectal temps are the most accurate....;) trish

Did I mention the giant BABY part???!!! :)
:coffee:

Happiness isn't getting what you want.....
It's wanting what you've got.

MinimedPumper07

MinimedPumper07

• Members
  • 389 posts

I think it might have something to do with the thyroid, are you on synthroid? Sometimes that happens to me too, but usually my BS is on the rise when it happens.

No i dont take meds for anything. maybe i do have thyroid problem i havent felt right for about 4 months now. cant wait to see doc in december, i am counting the days...

bcrduke

bcrduke

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
It's also possible that you are chronically dehydrated. That can cause those symptoms. We are all so prone to dehydration, even if we drink a lot of water and have great blood suga levels.

It could also be the thyroid issue as people are suggesting.

It could also be hypoglycemia. I have had Type 1 for 14 years, and I no longer get jittery with slight or even extreme hypoglycemia, BUT I get sweaty and hot. For example, it will be winter and I will have to take off my coat for a while outside. Only recently have I been able to recognize that the sweating is from hypoglycemia and NOT from me walking too fast (as I tend to do lol, I live in NYC, and we all walk too fast).

notme

notme

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 13,291 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • I am a:Type 1
I have this at least 30x's a day. Hot flashes stink. :mad:
RIP My beautiful boy.

maxwellsmiles1.jpg

Nancy

“I don't expect everything to be handed to me. Just set it down anywhere.”.

diagnosed type 1 October 1986
currently using Medtronic MiniMed
Revel 723 with CGMS
CLEAR [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KEVIN88GT

KEVIN88GT

• Members
  • 147 posts

We are all so prone to dehydration, even if we drink a lot of water and have great blood sugar levels.

Can you elaborate on this statement... how are we ALL prone to dehydration.... there would have to be another factor thats not easy to miss..like extreme HEAT to make your statement true.....

One doesn't get dehydrated by drinking enough fluids.

Jan B

Jan B

• Seniors
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas
  • I am a:Type 1

I have this at least 30x's a day. Hot flashes stink. :mad:

Me too.

I have the hot feeling a LOT of the time . . . and I rarely have a fever, even though I feel I should!

I turn cold when I drink something cold, and get hot when I drink something hot. My husband thinks I'm strange!
I also,
- don't usually drink enough water
- take synthroid (very stable at .2 mg daily, which is more than most people take)
- take accuretic for bp (controlled well)
Jan

Type 1 since 1979
Diagnosed at age 18

MinimedPumper07

MinimedPumper07

• Members
  • 389 posts
7 days till doctors visit...

miss_ok_ish

miss_ok_ish

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
i have night sweats for a few days at a go and then they go away, no illness, blood sugar fine. all very strange! i should take my temp next time maybe

Suspicions 03/05/07 (Type 1 or 1.5??)
Diagnosed Type 1 - 26/07/07

Novomix 30 (Phased out)
NovoRapid
Lantus - 14 units

A1C:
03/05/07 - 12
26/07/07 - 11
15/10/07 - 6.4!!!!! woohoo were getting there! :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users