- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

JediSurfer

JediSurfer

Banned

• Banned
  • 793 posts
I developed a cyst on the inside of my bottem lip a cvouple of months ago. Wondering if its diabetes related. My docs says these things just happen. The cyst is now nearly gone been using Corlan SF pellets on the said cyst four times a day. Seems to have nearly gone altogether which is a releif because otherwise I would have needed surgery.

Any info?

Rich

caswellhb

caswellhb

Banned

• Banned
  • 666 posts
Good grief Rich, I really am going to kick your butt!

Heather.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.
Anne Herbert.

Sing, dance, love and laugh. These are the true foods of life.
Unknown.

JediSurfer

JediSurfer

Banned

• Banned
  • 793 posts
I'll look forward to it.:T

caswellhb

caswellhb

Banned

• Banned
  • 666 posts
LOL, you kept that quiet didn't you?
Ffs, tell us when something is wrong!
Swings foot at your ***.

Heather.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.
Anne Herbert.

Sing, dance, love and laugh. These are the true foods of life.
Unknown.

mg_2204

mg_2204

• 500 plus
  • 3,271 posts
I've had two cysts. They were on my back. They are not diabetes related (that's what I was told) but they tend to get infected though. That would be diabetes related! One did get infected and my! Did it become an ugly and veryyyy painful thing!!! Two courses of antibiotics before I could get rid of it. When another cysts started on my back, I didn't wait, I had it removed straight away, before it got infected.

That's what I had to share with you about cysts.

Take good care!

JediSurfer

JediSurfer

Banned

• Banned
  • 793 posts
Good to know its a normal thing. I always think everything is diabetes related.lol

cuddlebug

cuddlebug

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Good to know its a normal thing. I always think everything is diabetes related.lol

i never thought of cysts being medically related to being diabetic but ive had 4+ surgically removed. Could be something to look into.
:T Cuddlebug

Alice

Alice

• 500 plus
  • 1,587 posts
I have a friend who has a son...he had a very infected cyst in college and did nothing about it. He came home for spring break and ended up in the hospital having a huge amount of tissue taken out of his back...it left a huge hole which had to be packed by a nurse daily.

(Everyone grossed out yet?)...anyhoo, it's good you had it checked out early. They can get pretty severe.

I had one in college...my pediatrician (loved him so much, I kept going forever)...lanced it...he said it was a "dorm thing"...not sure what that meant...it was on my upper chest. I went to his office and told him I thought I had breast cancer! Luckily, a little draining, some antibiotics...I was fine!

Colleges are pretty gross, aren't they?

Anything in your mouth should be checked for cancer, of course. I'm sure they ruled that out...

JJM335

JJM335

• 500 plus
  • 737 posts
My experience with doctors is that they their first instinct is to ascribe EVERYTHING to diabetes.

I'm sure if I stepped off the pavement without looking and was hit by a bus, the reaction in the ER would be "Your leg's bent at a funny angle - What do you expect? After all you are diabetic"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users