- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TrueWorship

TrueWorship

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
I found this article in a magazine I was looking at. I've been trying it a bit. I thought I would share for those of you who can't get outside to exercise due to weather or other reasons.

Indoor Walking Made Easy!

We teamed up with indoor-walking pioneer Leslie Sansone to design a simple 10-minute, full-body routine that you can do in a 10' x 10' space in the comfort of your own home. Repeat the sequence three times daily for the speediest slimdown.

STEP 1: March in place (1 minute).
Keep it relaxed at the beginning, aiming for a pace of roughly 120 steps per minute (continue at this pace for steps 2-4.)

STEP 2: Side steps (1 minute).
With your right foot, step to the right, and bring your left foot over to meet your right foot. Then step to the left and bring your right foot over to meet your left foot. "This lateral move is a great addition to a walking routine because it works the hip and thigh muscles in new directions," says Sansone. "That's the key to superior toning."

STEP 3: Alternating kicks (1 minute).
Keeping your back straight, kick your left leg straight out, raising it no higher than hip height. Alternate kicking your right and left leg repeatedly. "This activates more muscles in the front of the thighs than walking does," Sansone says.

STEP 4: Knee lifts (1 minute).
Lift your left knee to just above waist level, pulling your navel in toward your spine. Do the same with your right knee; repeat. These "standing crunches" sculpt the stomach while toning the leg muscles.

STEP 5: Fast march and press (90 seconds).
Repeat step 1, but increase your pace to 130 steps per minute and add this upper-body exercise: Raise and pump your arms above your head for 15 reps, then pump the arms in a downward motion fat your sides for 15 reps.

STEP 6: Speedy side steps (90 seconds).
Repeat step 2, adding this move: Raise your arms above your head when you step out and clap your hands together over your head when you step in.

STEP 7: Quick kick-and-reach (90 seconds). Repeat step 3, adding this upper-body move: When kicking your left leg, reach forward with your right arm; when kicking your right leg, reach forward with your left arm.

STEP 8: Twist lifts (90 seconds).
Repeat step 4, adding this move: As you bring your left knee up, touch it with your right hand; as you bring your right knee up, touch it with your left hand. "Besides tonight your thighs, this activates the oblique muscles in the waist to sculpt an hourglass," Sansone says.

Hope this helps somebody.
Jenn
Diagnosed Type 1 August 1994 at 11 years old
Pumping 8 years, MM 511, Humalog

verynicebecky

verynicebecky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Thanks for the post. I wondered how Sansone's video worked. I lost 40 lbs by walking in the unused front room of my house (from one wall to the opposite wall) many years ago. I lost at the rate to 10 lbs a month, walking 4 hours a day, not watching what I ate. I was under a lot of stress at the time and it was very therapudic.
Liver Transplant May 3, 1985
Diagnosed Type II in 1996
Lantas and Novalog - Jan, 2008
AlC: 5.4 (Nov. 25, 2008)
I want a miracle and I want it now.

Keezheekoni

Keezheekoni

• Seniors
  • 3,107 posts
A good friend of mine just lost 45 pounds in 20 weeks by using Weight Watchers and Leslie Sansone's dvds. I think I'm going out to buy a couple of her dvds today, since walking in my living room is way more appealing than walking in the rain. I'm so over the rain here... :)
Posted Image
Rikki @--'--,--'--
Diagnosed in 1989
A1c Really bad I'm not telling til it's better! - Apr 2010

Pumping with my Medtronic 722
Every time you Can Has, God kills a LOLcat.

My Blog

Posted ImagePosted Image

TrueWorship

TrueWorship

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

since walking in my living room is way more appealing than walking in the rain. I'm so over the rain here...

I agree. I live not too far from you on the Canadian side of the border. The rain, and now the snow, are not very appealing to go out and exercise in. I do get a little bit of exercise outdoors most days, simply because I walk my daycare kid to school and then walk to pick her up from school. But since I'm trying to lose some weight now I've started adding this routine once or twice a day too, depending on how much time I have during the day. I'm glad to hear other people have had good results with it. Hopefully, I'll have good results too. :)

Jenn
Diagnosed Type 1 August 1994 at 11 years old
Pumping 8 years, MM 511, Humalog

Jill-O

Jill-O

• Seniors
  • 1,656 posts
I walk from one end of my house to the other with the TV blasting :)

Posted Image

S. Jill O'Roark -- Spotsylvania, VA (USA)

Visit Online @
www.whinny4me.com

Lantus, Humalog, Daily Exercise

And quit bringing up our forefathers and saying they were civil libertarians. Our founding fathers would have never tolerated any of this... For God's sake, they were blowing peoples' heads off because they put a tax on their breakfast beverage. And it wasn't even coffee.” -- Dennis Miller

tanyatype1

tanyatype1

• Seniors
  • 1,889 posts
I saw some older ladies power walking inside the mall one day. It was before all the individual stores opened so the mall was quiet. I thought it was a great idea!
:coffee:

Happiness isn't getting what you want.....
It's wanting what you've got.

Kim_in_TN

Kim_in_TN

• Seniors
  • 766 posts
I like this routine. I grew up in the Jane Fonda / Richard Simmons era. Indoor aerobic type activities are the easiest for me to stick with. Anything to music gets my booty going and I can't stop! LOL!
Type 2 - Dx 9/11/03 - A1c 8.3
2/01/08 - A1c 6.3
4/01/08 - A1c 5.9 :)
10/07/08 - A1c 5.4 :)
2/16/09 - A1c 6.4
2/04/10 - A1c 6.7 :(
8/26/11 - A1c 7.0 :( - Falling off the wagon!
12/02/11 - A1c 6.2

Started Insulin 12.12.2011
Novolog - lunch and supper;
Levemir - bedtime.
Benazepril - 10 mg.
Crestor - 10 mg.
Citalopram - 40 mg.
Aspirin - 81 mg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users