- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

NorthsideBill

NorthsideBill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an Accu_Chek Aviva meter that I have been using for a while now and would like to reset the memory on it. I called the customer service line and they said that there was a way to do it but would prefer to send me a new meter. I dont really need another meter floating around, so I thought I would ask if anyone knows how to reset the memory on mine. Thanks:)

Tony

Tony

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,405 posts
  • LocationRI
  • I am a:Type 1
Welcome to the forums! Feel free to contribute to any of the threads you find interesting. We are glad to discuss any thoughts, questions or ideas you may have regarding diabetes.

As far as I'm aware there is no way to reset your meter. And if they wanted to send you a new one then that tells me you can't reset it.

You could save it for a back up. With the growing rate of diabetes you may run into someone at some point that would need a meter.

Tony
Administrator of Diabetesforums.com

"Weeding my way through Diabetes, and taking all of you along for the ride." - archimeech

NorthsideBill

NorthsideBill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Welcome to the forums! Feel free to contribute to any of the threads you find interesting. We are glad to discuss any thoughts, questions or ideas you may have regarding diabetes.

As far as I'm aware there is no way to reset your meter. And if they wanted to send you a new one then that tells me you can't reset it.

You could save it for a back up. With the growing rate of diabetes you may run into someone at some point that would need a meter.

The Roche rep told me there was a way to reset it, she just wouldnt tell me how. I will probably call back and just get another one, I heard from a friend of mine that works there that the strips they are selling for around a buck each cost less than a penny each to make so they are willing to give away meters to get you to buy strips...

Keezheekoni

Keezheekoni

• 500 plus
  • 3,107 posts
The only way that I know to reset meters is to use the data cable and software to do it. I know that the Lifescan and Abbott meters allow the reset this way, I don't know if others do.

Just get the free meter. :)
Posted Image
Rikki @--'--,--'--
Diagnosed in 1989
A1c Really bad I'm not telling til it's better! - Apr 2010

Pumping with my Medtronic 722
Every time you Can Has, God kills a LOLcat.

My Blog

Posted ImagePosted Image

JasonJayhawk

JasonJayhawk

• 500 plus
  • 1,069 posts
The rep I spoke with said there was "no way" to do it. I talked with them regarding my 9 boxes of strips that expired on Dec. 31, 2007.

They were unhelpful and I got nowhere with them.

I'd love to switch to Freestyle Flash. Accuchek won't care to lose me as a customer; they keep getting new Type 1's everyday.
Posted Image

wazzup2004

wazzup2004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The only way to reset the aviva meter is to use the compass software. When you upload all the results from the meter to your pc there is a option to clear the meter history. This is the only way to delete it im afriad. It is procedure to just offer patient a new meter instead of getting them to try this technical approach to everyone that wants to reset it.

*Any views or opinions are my own and not that of Accu-chek or Roche Diagnostics*

nickintosh

nickintosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Does anyone know if there is there any way to use expired strips with the Accu-Chek Avia? I have a ton of strips that expired at the end of November and I'd really love to not have to throw them away.

JasonJayhawk

JasonJayhawk

• 500 plus
  • 1,069 posts
About 8-11 months ago, someone posted a trick on how to modify the Aviva meter so that it would accept expired strips when you set back the date on the Aviva meter.

Turns out, the Aviva has an internal clock that you can't change -- which it uses to determine when thes trips have expired. (Even pulling the battery out for several days doesn't work - the clock somehow maintains itself).

The instructions that were posted told how to open up the meter, which pins to modify or short out, and it would then allow you to use expired strips. I think you need a soldering iron, but it's worth it if you have those strips.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where those instructions were posted. They were posted on this board, though. I recall that the person who posted them didn't have many postings at the time -- but maybe someone else will be able to use the search function on the forum to find the thread where it was revealled how to do this.
Posted Image

eric1960

eric1960

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
It's here, I took the circuit board apart, disconnect the battery ON THE CIRCUIT.

[url]http://www.diabetesforums.com/forum/monitoring/27832-checking-controls.html?mode=linear#post448670[/url]

Tasha1218

Tasha1218

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
try to remove the batteries

I've never done it, but I guess it's worth a try...

eric1960

eric1960

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The battery that's on the CIRCUIT BOARD. You have to take the star screw off and flip the circuit over, I just did it and it worked.

eric1960

eric1960

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Taken from another poster from a closed thread.

I'm at similar situation with expired strips but just a little high on sugar. The difference between I and all of you above is that I'm an electrical mechanic. I just rest my Accu-chek Aviva date because I have no better things to do but mess with it. Yeah, no life. Alright here is how.
1. take the button battery and code card out.
2. on back of unit above the word "Germany" there is a star screw, remove it. Get star screw driver or cheaper tips to insert into driver.
3. pry open between the seam of unit with flat tip screw driver. do it without poking your hand!
4. now you see circuit board, has 4 lock tabs on edge, remove circuit board.
5. flip circuit board to see a small internal battery, probably rechargeable.
6. with this battery facing you, unsolder the right edge of battery tab to disconnect but not remove. Once disconnected, unit is reset. Re-solder battery edge.
put every thing back together but set to an unexpired date on unit. Unit has manufacturer date of 2007, 12-30 on my unit.

I have picture of this but if it sounds to hard for you then buy another Aviva test unit and set it before your expired strips. Test unit will have a manufacturer date, (a minimum date) hopefully is before your expired test strip date.
Email me for pic, but I still have dialup. No $ and too cheap to go high speed cable.

eric1960

eric1960

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I tried this and it worked, except I disconnected the battery on the circuit board with a pocket knife (not recommended), no sodering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users