- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Shawn ATL

Shawn ATL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I just received my MM pump and have been sorting through the information, training, etc. I was wondering how MM users are transferring their information from the pump to CareLink?

I have been through Medtronic's website and have searched, but cannot locate how or where to purchase the BD USB link cable or the MiniMed ComLink (MMT-7304). Both are mentioned throughout the website and instructional info as if you can get these anywhere. The only info I could find was this on the Medtronic site, [URL="http://www.minimed.com/bd.html" target="new"]which mentioned purchasing through the store[/URL]. However, after going to the store, no products relating to this are listed. Am I missing something?

It would be nice if Medtronic would let us all know how the OneTouch Paradigm meter will connect to a computer... whenever it is ultimately released. I am sure it will require another cable -- purchased separately, of course.

xMenace

xMenace

• 500 plus
  • 11,109 posts
Never seen a usb link before.
Michelle Oberg "yep....stop trying to make vegetables taste like meat.....you made your choice, now live with it hippies"

Back on MDI and doing well. Trying Victoza and loving it. A1C 6.0, no major hypos; a few highs; lots of shots. Diagnosed Oct 19th, 1975.
HDL-101; LDL-64; TG-36; TOT-172

Jan B

Jan B

• 500 plus
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas
  • I am a:Type 1
Shawn,

I had a trainer here a few days ago, and she said next time I ordered supplies, to ask them for a cable. Hopefully, a phone call to 800-minimed can accomplish getting what you need.
Jan

Type 1 since 1979
Diagnosed at age 18

kriss

kriss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

My son's cable for uploading pump information to Carelink just broke last night. I called Sanvita customer care at 1-800-681-7390 and they are sending me a new one. I have called this company before when we were having problems with the BD logic meter and they are always very friendly and helpful. Good luck!

Tony

Tony

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,408 posts
  • LocationRI
I have seen the cable at the store in the past. My guess is since the meter has been discontinued so aren't the cables. I don't see the cable at the SanVita site either, who makes this meter now.

What I have noticed with minimed is that they release new products in March so I would expect to see the meter then. Not only that, the marriage the two companies have ends in March and can't release a new meter until marriage ends.

Welcome to the forums by the way!

Tony
Administrator of Diabetesforums.com

"Weeding my way through Diabetes, and taking all of you along for the ride." - archimeech

stlduckhunter

stlduckhunter

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
When I got my new pump the cable came with it----

palefacegirl03

palefacegirl03

• 500 plus
  • 1,061 posts
They do not have the link for the cable on the Minimed site anymore.
You can call Sanvita at 1-800-681-7390, they are the company that took over making strips for the bd meters, they should send you a meter cable out for free. I got one from them when I got my pump.

Jan if they dont send you one let me know, I think I have two and I will give you one next time I see you.
Posted Image
Type 1 20 years :proud:

pumping with purple MM 722, since 9/21/07
Finally named my pump, she is PIF, that stands for purple insulin feeder :D

http://www.facebook....662&ref=profile

palefacegirl03

palefacegirl03

• 500 plus
  • 1,061 posts
Ok, I just spoke with Nova consumer care, the Sanvita people .
They are sending me another cable and a Novamax meter.
The rep claims that it will link with the pump just like the bd link meter. I am not sure about that or not, but told her to send it on.

So call and get your cable free.
Posted Image

Lilly164

Lilly164

• 500 plus
  • 113 posts
If you have difficulty using the cable, call for instructions. My pump came with the cable and meter (Nov., 2007) and MM's help line walked me through the instructions. For instance, you will need Java and to go through Internet Explorer.

Jan B

Jan B

• 500 plus
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas
Sanvita's customer care was fast and very cooperative . . . cable on the way! Thanks for urging me on Charlotte -- I'm excited to get some numbers downloaded and charted.
Jan

Type 1 since 1979
Diagnosed at age 18

Shawn ATL

Shawn ATL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the 411 on this!
Diagnosed: Type 1, April 1, 1993
Insulin Pump: Minimed Paradigm 722
Insulin: Lilly Humalog

condensr

condensr

• 500 plus
  • 516 posts
I don't know what you all are saying to sweet talk the sanvita folks, but the two times I have called them about a cable (and I was really nice, just said I needed a cable to download my BD meter) and both times they have said they no longer give them away and I had to call minimed to buy one. The first time I never even mentioned minimed or pump or Link, and they still said to call Minimed. The second time I did mention Link meter. I've given up on it.. figured I'd just wait until the new meter comes out, but the sensor isn't nearly as useful if you can't download the data.

<shrug>
-Shane
T1 ~14 yrs
Levemir / Humalog via Luxura HD pen
Minimed 522 w/ CGMS - On vacation
Contour USB / SoftClix

stlduckhunter

stlduckhunter

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
Here is the site where you can upload your pump/meter information. It works pretty efficiently.

https://carelink.min...ntry.jsp?bhcp=1

palefacegirl03

palefacegirl03

• 500 plus
  • 1,061 posts

I don't know what you all are saying to sweet talk the sanvita folks, but the two times I have called them about a cable (and I was really nice, just said I needed a cable to download my BD meter) and both times they have said they no longer give them away and I had to call minimed to buy one. The first time I never even mentioned minimed or pump or Link, and they still said to call Minimed. The second time I did mention Link meter. I've given up on it.. figured I'd just wait until the new meter comes out, but the sensor isn't nearly as useful if you can't download the data.

<shrug>

I'll let you know if I get that one from the other day. I have two , so if I get that one it will make 3 and I can send that one to you. I just tell them that the one I have just broke and I need them to replace it, since Minimed said I had to call them.

No problem yet.
Posted Image

Jan B

Jan B

• 500 plus
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Here is the site where you can upload your pump/meter information. It works pretty efficiently.

https://carelink.min...ntry.jsp?bhcp=1

Thank you Duckhunter!

Condensr - When I called Sanvita, the guy did put me on hold to find out what he was supposed to tell me. I started the call out sounding confident that I was talking to the correct person & had been told to call them -- they had helped a friend of mine. He came back and immediately said they would send me one.
Jan

Type 1 since 1979
Diagnosed at age 18

palefacegirl03

palefacegirl03

• 500 plus
  • 1,061 posts
I got my cable by UPS today.

I also say an ad in Diabetes Health, that shows the Novamax link and says that it is supposed to work with the MM pumps, like the BD one.

Nova Max Link™ . Home

Diabetes Health Digital magazine online
Diabetes Health Digital Advantage - Login
Posted Image

Jan B

Jan B

• 500 plus
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas
I got my USB port cable today too; and downloaded & updated Java & everything went great . . . all my info uploaded, and now the reports are not generating!!!! It pretends to generate for a while, then I get "error on page". I'm crossing my fingers that this problem will be corrected and I can see my reports soon. What a let down, but I still have hope.
Jan

Type 1 since 1979
Diagnosed at age 18

Jan B

Jan B

• 500 plus
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas
Finally got a comment: Carelink is busy & can't make reports now!

I exported all my data to Excel from the reports page, so at least I can see 483 pieces of data in the last week off my pump!
Jan

Type 1 since 1979
Diagnosed at age 18

dkev

dkev

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Check with your Endo and see if they have one. Thats where I got mine. They shouldn't charge you for it. Well let me rephrase that. I have 2. One for my BD meter that allows me to upload the pump. Then I have another usb cable my endo gave to allow me to upload my One Touch to the carlink site. Me Endo has my user name and password for carlink so he can veiw my data when ever necessary.
A1C May 5.8

Shawn ATL

Shawn ATL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for everyone's input on this! As a follow up to my original thread, I followed up with my pump rep and he said that he would get a USB cable to me. He only asked that I pass along my cable to my doctor's office once the new meter/cable arrives.

If Sanvita’s company gives any issues in the interim, then I would leverage your pump rep. Also, he commented on the status of the OneTouch Link meter, which replaces the BD. Here's what he noted:

You will be dropped shipped the new One Touch Ultra Link meter with a cable. The estimated time is by the end of March. Each meter will come with a usb cable that you will be able to download your data.

Diagnosed: Type 1, April 1, 1993
Insulin Pump: Minimed Paradigm 722
Insulin: Lilly Humalog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users