- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

johnnylol

johnnylol

Banned

• Banned
  • 320 posts
i know i cheated 2 nights this week but my brother bought 4 slices of pizza..and i dont want him to waste his money for nuthing lol..so i ate 2 of them..funny thing 2 hours i checked my bs it was only 112..now i'm wondering how many calories does 2 slices of pizza have.....
diabetes is the ending of a old life..and the beginning of a new one..

TvBabe

TvBabe

• 500 plus
  • 535 posts
Pizza, cheese 1 slice
(about 2 1/4 oz) 20.5 g

Pizza, cheese, meat, and vegetable 1 slice
(about 2 3/4 oz.) 21.3 g

Pizza, pepperoni 1 slice
(about 2 1/2 oz.) 19.9 g

source: http://www.lowcarbfr...rbcounter.shtml

I used this Carbcounter until I got a PDA one :)

am1977

am1977

• 500 plus
  • 4,534 posts
Pizza isn't bad for you in moderaton...that's the key. If you don't go overboard and can keep your sugar levels in range (which it looks like you did) then you should be fine. Saying that, however, it isn't the most diet friendly food in the world and is pretty high in calories and fat...though I don't know the exact amounts. It's good to have it every once in a while, but I wouldn't make it part of your daily eating plan.

BeadieJay

BeadieJay

• 500 plus
  • 848 posts
this is great news :D I've kept well away from pizza because I thought it would send my numbers high - but didn't have any personal experience to base it on, just what I'd heard from other people.

I'm happy to know that I can eat some - albeit only a small amount, but I lurrrrrrrrve pizza, and honestly don't see why being diabetic should mean that I can't eat anything I want. As long as it's in moderation (geez, I'm beginning to hate that expression LOL)

Harold

Harold

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 6,154 posts
Pizza happens to be one of those foods that some people will peak in a hour or up to several hours. For myself two large or three small slices are all I can handle without sending my bg's high, but I like mine with a lot ingredients added. Then no two pizza's seem to be the same either so it's a gamble. The GI/GL varies as well as the calories so again it's a gamble.

johnnylol

johnnylol

Banned

• Banned
  • 320 posts
that was the first time i had pizza since before i found out i had diabetes...but hey it did taste so good hmmmmmmmmmmm..
diabetes is the ending of a old life..and the beginning of a new one..

mg_2204

mg_2204

• 500 plus
  • 3,271 posts
... That's why, most of the time, I'll make home made pizza. I make a vegetarian spicy sauce, I use tortillas for the crust, and load my little pizzas with veggies (red onions, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, bean sprouts, sky's the limit!) a sprinkle of cheese, a pinch of freshly grated parmesan, and a pinch of basilic. 4 minutes in a pipping hot oven. VoilĂ !

I find this won't raise my BG as much. Makes you eat loads of veggies too. I freeze the sauce so when we feel like pizza, it's easy and quick. Kids & hubby will add pepperoni of course.

Marie
:)

mg_2204

mg_2204

• 500 plus
  • 3,271 posts
... I've posted the recipe in the 'Recipes' section just in case you guys would like to give it a try :)

quinton weeks

quinton weeks

• 500 plus
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
after about 3 years of this i have come to the opinion that i can EAT ANYTHING i ever did.the key seems to be the portion sizes of the different foods.eat in moderation and TEST.

PepsiLvr

PepsiLvr

• 500 plus
  • 470 posts

Originally posted by Harold
Pizza happens to be one of those foods that some people will peak in a hour or up to several hours.

That's true! One of my worst hypos was after eating pizza. I guessed the carbs right and took enough insulin but the "lag" time between eating and the carbs breaking down was too long. I had a hypo of 45 then. Now I have to dual wave bolus when eating pizza. I take 25-40% up front and take the rest over 1-2 hours depending on how much pizza I'm eating.
The answer to 1984 is 1776

Jenny

Jenny

• 500 plus
  • 775 posts
LOL!!! I am a total pizza freak! I eat pizza at least once every week or every other week. I only eat 1-2 slices though. ;)
________

-A1C Apr. 15 2010--5.3
-A1C Jan. 2010--6.1
-first A1C years ago....5.6 or so.

----hypothyroid--not sure of the numbers

rzrbks

rzrbks

• 500 plus
  • 4,673 posts
  • LocationHogwarts, Hobbiton, Galactic Milieu
  • I am a:Type 1.5

quinton weeks

after about 3 years of this i have come to the opinion that i can EAT ANYTHING i ever did.the key seems to be the portion sizes of the different foods.eat in moderation and TEST.

I too, feel the same way. That being said,

however

The "I" part is the most important thing to keep in mind IMHO.

Each of us is SO different in how we react to things that what might work for one of us might not work for somebody else. Or might have to be modified for the other person.
"I am wounded," he said, "wounded, and it will never heal."

Frodo to Samwise

leking

leking

• 500 plus
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i enjoy a nice 14inch pizza all to myslef occasionally

all i do is up my evening meal dose or novorapid so the extra carbohydrates is no problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users