Photo

Where can I get cheap OneTouch Ultra strips?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

TenderVittleS

TenderVittleS

Banned

• Banned
  • 387 posts
Right now I am currently without health insurance and was wondering if anyone knew where or how I could get cheap or discounted test strips until my health insurance kicks in. I have tried Ebay but I would like to know if there are better options. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
"The way to succeed is to double your error rate." - Thomas Watson

palefacegirl03

palefacegirl03

• Seniors
  • 1,061 posts
ebay is the only place I can think of too.
I will look at the links I have saved and see if I have any thing that helps.

I think the Welcome To Together Rx Access, card gets a discount on OneTouch strips , they are on the list of prescriptions. Dont know what the discount is, but I used my card when I was with out insurance and it saved a good bit on my antibiotic and painpills after I had a tooth removed last year.
Posted Image
Type 1 20 years :proud:

pumping with purple MM 722, since 9/21/07
Finally named my pump, she is PIF, that stands for purple insulin feeder :D

http://www.facebook....662&ref=profile

jeggeman31

jeggeman31

• Seniors
  • 2,307 posts

Right now I am currently without health insurance and was wondering if anyone knew where or how I could get cheap or discounted test strips until my health insurance kicks in. I have tried Ebay but I would like to know if there are better options. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

When is your health insurance going to kick in?
Jim
:egg:
Diagnosed April 1990
Pumping with my Omni Pod

Last A1C 10.5 ( May 2012 )
Diabetes & Endocrinology Center Of Ohio Website

The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions
than I do

shutterbug

shutterbug

• Seniors
  • 778 posts
I'd say ebay. I just bought 100 test strips for $56 (including shipping). But, you might be able to find a better deal. I do have coverage with my insurance, but I don't want to call my doc office for frequent refills. Their current prescription is for testing 2 times a day. But, I check anywhere beteen 4-6 times a day.
Posted Image

Diagnosed - 02/28/08

A1C - (8/10/2009= 5.7; 03/02/09 = 5.6 ; 12/29/08 = 5.8 ; 09/17/08 = 5.5 ; 05/27/08 = 5.7 ; 04/03/08 = 7.7 ; 02/29/08 = 10.1)

JediSkipdogg

JediSkipdogg

• Seniors
  • 8,781 posts
  • I am a:Type 1
Ebay is your best bet but make sure they aren't expired strips. Do you have health insurance now or are you waiting for that to kick in? I ask because I'm wondering if you would fall under a pre-existing condition at all.

●Police Dispatcher
●Type 1 diabetic since 11 months old
●Pumper since December of 2002
~Animas IR 1000 (Dec. 2002 - Jan. 2005)
~Animas IR 1200 (Jan. 2005 - Jan. 2009)
~Cozmo 1800 (Jan. 2009 - ?)
●Dexcom Seven+ (Aug 1, 2009 - Oct 31, 2012)
●Dexcom G4 (Nov 1, 2012 - ???)

Diabetes is an Art, NOT a Science. You must master the control by skills and not by knowledge alone.

SuzySushi

SuzySushi

• Members
  • 109 posts
Outside of eBay, Wal-Mart is the cheapest place I know.

TenderVittleS

TenderVittleS

Banned

• Banned
  • 387 posts
Thanks for all your reply's and help! My insurance should kick in 2 months from now, but you all know how expensive everything can be without insurance. Once again thanks again to everybody!:)
"The way to succeed is to double your error rate." - Thomas Watson

pokie

pokie

• Members
  • 115 posts

I'd say ebay. I just bought 100 test strips for $56 (including shipping). But, you might be able to find a better deal. I do have coverage with my insurance, but I don't want to call my doc office for frequent refills. Their current prescription is for testing 2 times a day. But, I check anywhere beteen 4-6 times a day.

You can ask your doc to up your prescription, mine just did, from 4 times to 8 times a day; could save you lots of $$!
[SIGPIC]http://www.diabetesforums.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10467&dateline=1204011885[/SIGPIC]

Robbie
Type2, diagnosed 2004
Metformin 2000mg

Lantus at night
Novolog Flexpen before meals

"But Mama, that's where the fun is..."

shades9323

shades9323

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • I am a:Type 1

Thanks for all your reply's and help! My insurance should kick in 2 months from now, but you all know how expensive everything can be without insurance. Once again thanks again to everybody!:)

You won't find "cheap" one touch strips anywhere execpt ebay. I would go to walmart and buy the reli-on brand of strips and one of their cheap meters.

Alice

Alice

• Seniors
  • 1,587 posts
If you need "cheap" strips...I'd switch to a generic meter. The basic meters usually have strips that cost half of the Ultra's. I use Ultra's and love the accuracy...but I'm on insurance. If I wasn't, I'd go the basic route.

lilituc

lilituc

• Seniors
  • 709 posts
I don't buy from ebay (for personal reasons) and the cheapest I've found is John Walsh's site, Diabetes Mall.
The Diabetes Mall
Dx T2 3/2005
Correctly dx T1 (LADA) 11/2006
MM 522 w/NovoLog since 1/07
Previously on Actos, Starlix, Metformin ER, Lantus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users