- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

memerzatz

memerzatz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Is this something that can be treated, I do not remember stubbing or injuring it, but I just noticed it last night and it is worrying me. Is there some over the counter medication I can use.
memerzatz:eek:
:albertein

princesslinda

princesslinda

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 16,135 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN
  • I am a:Type 2
Is your entire toenail black, or just a spot? I know that toenail fungus can appear as gray/black, but this occurs gradually rather than suddenly.

I'm not one to let something be on my feet/toes without having it checked out quickly by a physician. I'd encourage you to call your doctor and get an appt. soon, esp. since you don't recall any trauma/injury. I wouldn't mess with it in the mean time.

Get it checked so your mind can be at ease. Feet/toe problems should not be taken lightly when you are a diabetic.

T2, diagnosed 8/31/06.
Meds: Metformin-ER 500 mg twice daily, HCTZ 12.5 mg every other day for BP Enalapril 20 mg 1 daily (ace-inhibitor)
Diet: I eat to my meter, generally eating 75-100 carbs/day with the occasional splurge.

notme

notme

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 13,278 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • I am a:Type 1
memerzatz, I know you don't want to hear this, but you need to call your gp or podiatrist. Your toenail should not be turning black for no reason and I would definitely want to know what was going on. As you well know, diabetes can cause many foot issues. This needs to be looked at by a doctor.
RIP My beautiful boy.

maxwellsmiles1.jpg

Nancy

“I don't expect everything to be handed to me. Just set it down anywhere.”.

diagnosed type 1 October 1986
currently using Medtronic MiniMed
Revel 723 with CGMS
CLEAR [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

memerzatz

memerzatz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank You Princess Linda
I have mainly lurked here but I have been aware since my start here that you always give prompt, helpful and the most important,kind and loving responses
memerzatz

memerzatz

memerzatz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
You are right " notme" its almost as though you know me. THanks for replying to my message
memerzatz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users