- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

shel

shel

• Members
  • 181 posts
Hi,

I've read that drinking a lot of water will flush excess sugar from the blood. Is there any truth to that? If so, how much water needs to be taken to have a noticeable effect?
Kind regards,
Shel

Lloyd

Lloyd

• Seniors
  • 1,906 posts
  • I am a:Type 2
The body tries to, that's why diabetics are thirsty when not in control, like when first diagnosed.

It helps a little, but it does not cure the problem by any means.

-Lloyd

2014 A1c 5.4 5.6 5.8   2013 5.3 4.9 5.2 5.2
2012 5.3 5.2 5.1 5.0
2011 5.0 5.0 5.2 5.0 2010 5.3 5.3 5.3 5.4 5.4
2009 5.4 5.4 5.3 5.2 2008 5.0 5.1 5.2 4.9 4.9
2007 5.3 5.5 5.7<---Pump 6.9 (Mix)
2006 (Lantus) 7.8 8.5 8.7 7.1
2005 8.4 6.9 7.4 2004 6.2 5.6 6.4 6.0 (Pills)

CranJuicer

CranJuicer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

I've read that drinking a lot of water will flush excess sugar from the blood. Is there any truth to that? If so, how much water needs to be taken to have a noticeable effect?

GREETINGS~

As a poor mgr of my glucose levels I wanted to give you another option Ive been playing with for years.

DIET PEPSI!!!

Ive tried other diet drinks, to no avail. And, even tried to share the idea with insulin companies and their reps and other major health researchers.

They must all be afeared of crossing PEPSI and coming up with another drug out of their product risking legal actions.

BUT, Ive found that when I hit peaks in the 300-500 range, I can drink one 12oz diet Pepsi and get major glucose level drops within an hour+. It acts sort of like a CHELATING agent.

Plus, a tiny pinch of SUGAR will cause a fizzing action that improves the taste enormously and doesnt add any calories, cause you can see the sugar on the bottom. (It works for all diet sodas, to improve taste)

SO THERE!

shel

shel

• Members
  • 181 posts

GREETINGS~

As a poor mgr of my glucose levels I wanted to give you another option Ive been playing with for years.

DIET PEPSI!!!

I don't drink soft drinks, including diet or artficially flavored or sweetened soft drinks.
Kind regards,
Shel

CranJuicer

CranJuicer

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I don't drink soft drinks, including diet or artficially flavored or sweetened soft drinks.

Diet sodas burn my stomach in < one liter, similar to what aspirins do over three days of usage.

You also didnt deal with insulins or glucose level testing either.

Its all about adapting from where you ARE to where you NEED to be.

Harrumph!/ Sir Ogre

jerryn

jerryn

• Seniors
  • 634 posts
I drink 12 glasses of water a day. I think it helps.. heck it hydrates you so it must dilute it. But you need to excercise and take the meds too, it's not a cure. I don't drink any soday of any kind. Just brewed ice tea, coffee, spring water, carbonated water with lime.. that's bout it.

genie86333

genie86333

• Seniors
  • 2,191 posts
Actually, if you're high, your body is already flushing sugar out of your system by dumping it into your urine - drinking extra water is just going to keep you hydrated, not flush extra out!

That being said, yes, you do need the water! When I was diagnosed, my blood sugar was over 400 & I was so dehydrated it took 7 sticks for them to get an IV into me, even trying in my hand where it's usually easy!

shel

shel

• Members
  • 181 posts

I drink 12 glasses of water a day. I think it helps.. heck it hydrates you so it must dilute it. But you need to excercise and take the meds too, it's not a cure. I don't drink any soday of any kind. Just brewed ice tea, coffee, spring water, carbonated water with lime.. that's bout it.

I'm trying to get off meds, and that's one of the reasons I asked the question, as I'm looking for every advantage that can be mustered. Drinking plenty of water is a good idea, regardless of diabetes, and it's great that you eschew soda and junk drinks.

Tea is good for you, and good spring water can't be beat. Gotta be careful with "spring water" as some of the liquid sold as spring water is nothing more than treated tap water, and some water is treated and loaded with a lot of junk.
Kind regards,
Shel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users