- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

shel

shel

• 500 plus
  • 181 posts
Hi,

I've been looking to find the Glycemic Load and the Glycemic Index for the various Ezekiel 4.9 breads made by Food For Life. Does anyone have that info, or can someone provide a pointer to a site that does. I checked the FFL site and other sites, but had no luck. I sent FFL an email, but if I can get the info sooner here that would be very helpful as I want to do some shopping this afternoon.

Thanks!
Kind regards,
Shel

fgummett

fgummett

• 500 plus
  • 7,916 posts
You could always "eat to your meter"... test before to establish a baseline, eat some of the food and test to see how it affects your BG levels... ideally test at around 1/2 hour intervals for a couple of hours.

Remember that GI and GL are affected by the whole meal... any bread by itself, may cause a more rapid BG rise than if spread with butter, natural peanut butter, or topped -- open-sandwich style -- with cold meats, salmon or cheese

shel

shel

• 500 plus
  • 181 posts

You could always "eat to your meter"... test before to establish a baseline, eat some of the food and test to see how it affects your BG levels... ideally test at around 1/2 hour intervals for a couple of hours.

Remember that GI and GL are affected by the whole meal... any bread by itself, may cause a more rapid BG rise than if spread with butter, natural peanut butter, or topped -- open-sandwich style -- with cold meats, salmon or cheese

Yes, I know all that, and that's what I've been doing for a long time. However, I would still like to know the GI and GL of the bread.
Kind regards,
Shel

fgummett

fgummett

• 500 plus
  • 7,916 posts
On a website called montignac.com it lists the GI for Essene/ezekiel bread (sprouted cereals bread) at 35 or Low GI

shel

shel

• 500 plus
  • 181 posts

On a website called montignac.com it lists the GI for Essene/ezekiel bread (sprouted cereals bread) at 35 or Low GI

Thanks! That's a good start .... much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Shel

shel

shel

• 500 plus
  • 181 posts

I just received an email from Deann McKenna at Food For Life, the producers of Ezekiel bread. She wrote:

"The only ones that have been test are the Ezekiel 4:9 Original (orange bag) bread 36GI and the Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin (purple bag) bread 43GI. The rest have not been tested."
Kind regards,
Shel

kdelan

kdelan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

I've been looking to find the Glycemic Load and the Glycemic Index for the various Ezekiel 4.9 breads made by Food For Life. Does anyone have that info, or can someone provide a pointer to a site that does. I checked the FFL site and other sites, but had no luck. I sent FFL an email, but if I can get the info sooner here that would be very helpful as I want to do some shopping this afternoon.

Thanks!

The GI of Ezekiel bread has been reported to be 35 vs 100 for white bread. In my personal experience (checking 60 and 90 minute post-prandial CBGs for almost every carb and portion thereof that I like), a two slice sandwich sends my blood sugar higher than a (2.5 inch) Louisiana buttermilk biscuit, 189 at 60 minutes compared with 134. This is a consistent experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users