Photo

no sugar "added" ice cream

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

baltbob

baltbob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Have been eating "no sugar added" ice cream. Seems not to affect my levels too much . Edys makes some "no sugar added" flavors . After while they do not taste too bad. Sugar Alcohol is 3g and sugars are 4g. 20 carbs for a half cup. Anybody know of any other sugar free type ice creams? Sorry I am a ice cream nut and summer is coming.....Thanks

Penny

Penny

• Seniors
  • 6,653 posts
The problem with me eating icecream is the servig size. It is almost always 1/2 cup, it is hard not to "fudge" on your serving. I treied doing the sugar free, but saw no difference in BS than when I ate a 1/2 cup serving of regular icecream. Often the regular icecream has no more carbs than the sugar free. I do like the no sugar added fudge bars or icebars, and they keep me from overeating.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Love doesn't make the world go around, but it makes the ride worthwhile.

goofy48220

goofy48220

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
i love sugar free ice cream my freezer is
half full lololo

yannah

yannah

• Seniors
  • 5,599 posts
it spikes me, I do a little better with lo carb ice cream, still spike though. crossed ice cream off my list.
last a1c 5.5. /5.8

low carb

quinipril- 5 mg day
novolog 70/30

my lipid profile is finally amazing.

I LOVE YOU!

Lloyd

Lloyd

• Seniors
  • 1,925 posts
Byers "Carb Smart" has 15 grams carbohydrate for 1/2 cup serving, for vanilla.

-Lloyd

Type 2 for 21 years, pumping 8 years Metformin and Apidra. No Complications.

slwood321

slwood321

• Members
  • 225 posts
Regular Breyer's is only 17 carbs and you get all the flavor. I eat a ton of low sugar stuff, but if I can have real ice cream I'm going for it. If you are allowed 30 carbs for snacks you could have almost a full cup.:)

yannah

yannah

• Seniors
  • 5,599 posts
isn't 30 grams of carbs a whole lot for a snack?
last a1c 5.5. /5.8

low carb

quinipril- 5 mg day
novolog 70/30

my lipid profile is finally amazing.

I LOVE YOU!

slwood321

slwood321

• Members
  • 225 posts
I can have 30 calories for a snack. As long as I keep my carbs as a percentage of calories around 40%, I do ok. But everyone has different ways of dieting and allocating their carbs. I guess I'm lucky.....hopefully I'll stay this way, but that's not usually the way diabetes works.:)

pdxdennisj

pdxdennisj

• Seniors
  • 578 posts
I eat the Bryers "Carb Smart" It has 14 grams carbs per 1/2 cup minus 4 fiber and minus 1/2 (3grams) the sugar alcohols (6 grams) = 7 grams net. Not bad and my body thinks so too.
PDXDENNISJDx 1/92
2x 850mg Metformin
2x 15u NPN
2x 10 Byetta