- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

spidrprncs

spidrprncs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently received the pre-diabetes diagnosis. I am in the middle of a series of three classes to learn more about it and how to care for myself.

I had gestational diabetes about two years ago when I was pregnant with my fourth child (never had it before that), so much of the class is review for me. However, the numbers for counting carbs, calories, etc are different since I'm not pregnant.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to eating the "right way". I am finding I need to be very rigid at first and count diligently, make meal plans so I know what to eat when, etc.

I am wondering if anyone has a computer program - or even better - an iphone application that they use to track carbs per meal and for daily totals. I cannot find a dietary exchange list on iphone apps anywhere.

Thanks!

EeyoreButterfly

EeyoreButterfly

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
The computer program most people swear by is Calorie King. You can go to [url=http://www.calorieking.com]CalorieKing - Diet and weight loss. Calorie Counter and more[/url]. I believe they have a pay service. I have tried looking up things on there for free nad have not been overly impressed.

I have yet to find an application for my Instinct which would be nice. I'm not sure about iPhone.

I've started carrying a book with me. You can find a variety of different ones in bookstores, but tehy will have nutritional info for a variety of generic and name brand foods. That has helped me and as I get more comfortable with it I find I don't need it as often.
Posted Image
Jessi 26
Type 2? BS Range (39-330)
Diet and Exercise

One Touch Ultra Mini Purple named Rosalie
A1C: 5.7

JoanW

JoanW

• 500 plus
  • 163 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • I am a:Type 2
Hi,

I have a couple of apps on my iPod Touch which I find useful. I have Carb Finder, which gives all the nutrition breakdown on many foods. There are several others in the App Store, but they mainly focus on calorie counting, but some of them include carbs. You can just go and do a search for Carb counter or Carb finder. The other app that I really like is a free one called Glucose Buddy. This allows you to enter all kinds of information about your diabetes, including blood glucose, medication, carbohydrates at a meal, and activity. There is also a place for notes, which is very handy.
I think you will find these apps very useful. Good luck in searching the App store.

Type 2 since 1989. Insulin since 1998. Pumping with Accu-Chek Combo since May 2013.
Hypertension
Hypothyroid
HbA1c range : 5.8 May 2003; 5.8 May 2004; 5.8 <|May 2005; 5.7 April 2006; 5.7 Jan.2007; 5.5 Oct.2007;
5.7 June 2008; 6.0 April 2009; 6.4 Nov 2009:( ; 5.9 May 2010:D; 5.8 Aug 2010:D; 5.6 Dec 2010 :D June 2013 5.9.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users