Photo

Low carb juice home made recipes with juicer.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Schlep

Schlep

• 500 plus
  • 383 posts
Does anyone have any lower carb juice recipes to make at home with a juicer.
Stay positive and never give up the fight.

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

genie86333

genie86333

• 500 plus
  • 2,191 posts
Unfortunately, you're probably not going to find many answers to this simply because basically all juice is *is* sugar - of course, any home-made juice is going to be slightly better than something sweetened with HFCS, but it's still all just sugar. It's much better to just eat the fruit - that way at least there's some fiber!

Schlep

Schlep

• 500 plus
  • 383 posts

Unfortunately, you're probably not going to find many answers to this simply because basically all juice is *is* sugar - of course, any home-made juice is going to be slightly better than something sweetened with HFCS, but it's still all just sugar. It's much better to just eat the fruit - that way at least there's some fiber!

Whoops sorry you are correct but I forgot that I was thinking vegetable juice.
Stay positive and never give up the fight.

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

fgummett

fgummett

• 500 plus
  • 7,916 posts
Even if you juice a relatively low-carb vegetable like broccoli you are removing much of the fibre and effectively concentrating the portion that is richer in carbohydrates/sugars... plus making them easier/faster to digest

fgummett

fgummett

• 500 plus
  • 7,916 posts
Correction: before I get jumped on for being imprecise in my above post, I should point out that fibre (cellulose) is also a carbohydrate... just not one that humans can digest. More correctly I would suggest that juicing will effectively concentrate the digestible carbohydrates, while making them more available for faster digestion... likely resulting in an higher and faster BG spike.

DeusXM

DeusXM

Grumpy Briton

• 500 plus
  • 5,943 posts
  • I am a:Type 1
If you're still keen on juices, there isn't really a lot you can do to reduce the carb count since it's an integral part of the juice.

What you could do though is buy regular juice and then dilute it with water, and add sweetener to taste.

Make sure the juice you buy is an unsweetened one in the first place as well. It came as a huge surprise to me when I moved to the UAE to find that a lot of juices are sweetened. In the UK, sweetened juice is pretty much unheard of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users