- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

whitesparrow

whitesparrow

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
What is the best night time snack to eat as not raise your bg during the night -- my bg before breakfast is always between 115-125 range. It is below the 130 that my doctor has for me before breakfast, but on the high side. I would like to see it between 77 and 99 before breakfast. Even after breakfast it is usually in that same range I test 2 hours after I eat. It is in the range of under 150 after 2 hours of a meal, that my doctor has set for me, but I feel it is on the high side. I would like to see it lower between 100-110.

Are these numbers somthing that I should be concerned about.
What is a normal persons blood after 2 hours a meal?

Thank you.

CSTJ4

CSTJ4

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Greetings whitesparrow

I was diagnosed about two and a half months ago, and once I started my routine, I have been able to keep all my numbers pretty much 70-88. I know it is not always easy for some to exercise, but I do thirty minutes minimum on my stationary bike, and also some light weights, pushups, and pilates.

Because of my work I exercise in the evening after I eat dinner. And for a snack before bed I always eat something very low carb or protein. Cheese is a favorite, but also eat nuts, and sometimes berries. I also snack on sugar-free popsicles.

I eat about 30-50 carbs a day, and with the daily exercise, I think that is what has worked well for me. Try some different snacks and test to see how they work for you.

Charles

DCaplinger

DCaplinger

• 500 plus
  • 855 posts

Because of my work I exercise in the evening after I eat dinner. And for a snack before bed I always eat something very low carb or protein. Cheese is a favorite, but also eat nuts, and sometimes berries. I also snack on sugar-free popsicles.

Charles:

Tsk, tsk. If you are exercising... you ALWAYS need to eat protein afterward. Your body needs the protein and amino acids to properly repair the damage to the muscles caused by exercise, and to build new lean muscle. :) The damage is normal. Excessive damage means you are going beyond what your body is capable of, so make sure to stay within your comfort zone. Resistance training is best to build lean muscle.

As for the original post... there are a lot of snacks that are very low carb and high in fiber that you could choose to eat before bed: Nuts, cheese, meats, celery, carrots, broccoli, yogurt or one of my favorites... popcorn. :)

Enjoy. :D

Regards,

D

diabetes1.png

Darian A. Caplinger, EMT
Medically Retired Deputy Sheriff
---
Dx Info: Misdx'd T2 on 12/20/2007; Dx'd T1 on 01/28/2008
Tx Plan:
Metformin 1000mg 2x daily (08/2011).

MDI Novolog & Levemir (Pumped from 07/2009 until 08/2014).
Symlin 120mcg subq 3x/day (05/2010).
My Facebook

---
And now, Shakespeare by DCaplinger:
"Hath not a Diabetic eyes? Hath not a Diabetic feelings? Prick us, do we not test?"

AngelKitty

AngelKitty

• 500 plus
  • 1,564 posts
My favourite night time snacks are low-joule jelly and low sugar icecream, mixed nuts and cheese or celery sticks with peanut butter - yum!

:angel: AngelKitty

Dx T1 Sept 2008
Pumping NovoRapid with Medtronic MiniMed Paradigm 722 - nicknamed Schultz

alderotes

alderotes

• 500 plus
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Try cottage cheese as your night time snack. My morning numbers seem lower when I do, but I haven't tested it enough yet to say for certain.
A1C 5/27/09 5.9 Lab Test A1C 5/27/09 5.1 (ReliOn Home Test)
A1C 6/25/09 5.2 Lab Test

No medications

Jill-O

Jill-O

• 500 plus
  • 1,656 posts
My favorite is almonds :)

Posted Image

S. Jill O'Roark -- Spotsylvania, VA (USA)

Visit Online @
www.whinny4me.com

Lantus, Humalog, Daily Exercise

And quit bringing up our forefathers and saying they were civil libertarians. Our founding fathers would have never tolerated any of this... For God's sake, they were blowing peoples' heads off because they put a tax on their breakfast beverage. And it wasn't even coffee.” -- Dennis Miller

jakin

jakin

• 500 plus
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Peanut butter on a banana or apple is a good choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users