- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

vet

vet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, i'm here for my wife. she was diagnosed Type1 when she was 22 and she's now 27. About 2 weeks ago she stopped eating chips and changed insulin type by doctors advice. About 4 days ago she started feeling stomach cramps/pain and it has not gone away for 4 days now...other symptom is maybe that she has pain kinda everywhere. possibly muscle pain, like cramps........any ideas? any help? pleeeease!! aaahhhhh!!!

Subby

Subby

• 500 plus
  • 10,158 posts
Hi. Sounds like she should get back to the doctor, or any competent doctor. This might be diabetes or med related - or it might be something completely unrelated. It's not a classic or typical issue.

A change in insulin and diet can take some tweaking and changes to get right. What are some examples of her blood sugar levels at the moment? Perhaps she is suffering from dangerously high blood sugar levels. This can really impact on the body in a number of ways. The final result of escalating blood sugars can be disastrous.

If that is the reason for these issues, it doesn't change the urgency to get to a doctor ASAP, just as if not more urgent. Good luck with it.
20 years T1. NPH and Novorapid.
Some essentials for my blood sugar control: dosing via i:c ratio and cf • basal testing when needed • daily 40 minutes moderate exercise (or close) • carbs somewhere below 120g currently • only eating carbs and carb/fat combos that do not cause a problem spike, with or without insulin.

special2109

special2109

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
My daughter would get stomach pains and sometimes it was because she was high. But she had a biopsy done and she has Celiac disease as well, which is an intolerence to gluten (wheat,rye and barley) She didn't have the other symptoms of celiac disease. There was something that showed up in the blood tests, then the doctors proceeded to do the biopsy. Since the diet change, she has not complained of stomach aches.

Ray4Rick

Ray4Rick

• 500 plus
  • 116 posts
I agree with Special 2109 - I too was dx with Celiac disease last October. The Gastroentorologist told me that Celiac is an AutoImmune disease just like Diabetes. He said that Diabetes, Celiac and Thyroidism are the 3 musketeers of AutoImmune diseases. Speak to your endocronologist about Celiac disease. A simple Anti-Transglutamase blood test will confirm the disease.

Good luck,

art

art

• 500 plus
  • 2,028 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Florida
  • I am a:Type 2
Call the Doc immedately.

Art

vet

vet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok Thanks everyone. We will go to the Dr and check for celiac........i'm not sure if i hope to find out it actually is celiac or not.... THANKS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users