- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

hazatude

hazatude

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
I'm a glutton that likes to stuff myself. What are the safe foods to do so with?

camjen1

camjen1

• 500 plus
  • 3,658 posts
Depends are you T1 or T2? What kind of insulin are you on if T1? What are the ways you deliver your insulin? I am on a pump and pretty much eat anything as long as I bolus for it. Of course I don't go stuffing myself but I don't eat lil 3 oz portions either.
~Sandi~
Pumping for almost 6 years
MM Purple 722 with Humalog
Symlin

Just because I've been on df for a whole day doesn't mean I'm ADDICTED... my chair is just COMFY...

hazatude

hazatude

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
I'm a type II diet controlled with a touch of Metformin at supper. (250mg)

am1977

am1977

• 500 plus
  • 4,534 posts
Hey we all like to pig out from time to time. I truly don't know if there is such thing as foods you can eat in unlimited amounts. Both Type 1s and 2s need to watch carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Probably the closest thing would be vegetables that have a high water content...ice berg lettuce, cucumbers, onions, celery, etc. Also, diet sodas, water, sugar free jello you can pretty much eat whenever.

Hope this helps a bit ;)
I’ve faced myself
To cross out what I’ve become
Erase myself
And let go of what I’ve done

Put to rest
What you thought of me
Well I cleaned this slate
With the hands
Of uncertainty

So let mercy come
And wash away
What I’ve done

I’ve faced myself
To cross out what I’ve become
Erase myself
And let go of what I’ve done

Linkin Park~ "What I've Done" :thrasher:

HeatherP

HeatherP

• 500 plus
  • 2,872 posts
Lettuce and celery Posted Image
Posted Image

To err is human, to purr feline >^.^<

T1 since 1991, Cozmo Pump 11/05

Ryan

Ryan

• 500 plus
  • 113 posts

Hey we all like to pig out from time to time. I truly don't know if there is such thing as foods you can eat in unlimited amounts. Both Type 1s and 2s need to watch carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Probably the closest thing would be vegetables that have a high water content...ice berg lettuce, cucumbers, onions, celery, etc. Also, diet sodas, water, sugar free jello you can pretty much eat whenever.

Hope this helps a bit ;)

What about protein do you need to watch? My doctor said when I came in and was diagnosed last month I was peeing protein.

HeatherP

HeatherP

• 500 plus
  • 2,872 posts
Protein is hard on the kidneys. I eat approx 6-7 oz of meat per day. As far as your urine goes, when our sugars are out of control many other things will be out of whack also. Have your doc do the test again after you've reduced your sugars to see if the situation has improved.
Posted Image

To err is human, to purr feline >^.^<

T1 since 1991, Cozmo Pump 11/05

Ryan

Ryan

• 500 plus
  • 113 posts
Yeah, she wants me to come back after two months to see how I'm doing. I hope everything is OK, naturally.

rzrbks

rzrbks

• 500 plus
  • 4,671 posts
Are there any, "unlimited" foods?

Yeah:

Water and Air

:D
"I am wounded," he said, "wounded, and it will never heal."

Frodo to Samwise

KrisinNM

KrisinNM

• 500 plus
  • 400 posts

Are there any, "unlimited" foods?

MUSTARD :-
KRIS

Type I 24 years, pump for 5 1/2 years,
now Lantus and Humalog

dixiepixie64

dixiepixie64

• 500 plus
  • 296 posts
This thread makes me think of a funny thing I read in a Weight Watchers magazine once. They advocate dieters using a buttery "spray." Actually the stuff is not bad. The calories per spray serving are minute so the FDA allows them to put "0" calories on the nutrition label; however, the bottle contents as a whole have about 300 calories I think. Anyway, one woman wrote in complaining she was using the spray on her popcorn and following the plan and was not having any luck losing weight. It turns out she thought zero calories meant zero calories no matter the quantity and she was dumping the whole container over her popcorn. ha ha ha Sounded like something I would try. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users