- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Barb

Barb

• Members
  • 236 posts
can you say DUMB!!

I can...for the past couple of weeks I have been buying Carob chips for those times when I need a chocolate fix....been eating them by the hand full...Now I am one that will look up and research everything...but not this time..I always thought Carob had no fat..and no sugar in it...I buy in at our local bulk store never seen a sign of ingredients till yesterday..yup first ingredient is SUGAR...so this means my levels would have been a whole lot better a whole lot sooner... :eek:
sometimes I need a good whack right between the eyes with a 2X4 LOL
Type 2 Diabetic 12 years

When life gives you lemons, find somebody you despise and squirt them in the eye :whistling

camjen1

camjen1

• Seniors
  • 3,658 posts
I have heard that there is a class action lawsuit against a cereal maker because they made a new sugar less cereal but yet it had the same amount of sugar than in the original cereal. I do always read. I had gotten some sugarfree chocolates for Easter and my family says oh they are good for you but they failed to realize they were packed with carbs.
~Sandi~
Pumping for almost 6 years
MM Purple 722 with Humalog
Symlin

Just because I've been on df for a whole day doesn't mean I'm ADDICTED... my chair is just COMFY...

Barb

Barb

• Members
  • 236 posts
Boy I tell ya is there anything out there that has everyting writen on it that is full of sugar or carbs...here I thought I hit on a good thing...guess we just can't win no matter what we do lol
Type 2 Diabetic 12 years

When life gives you lemons, find somebody you despise and squirt them in the eye :whistling

camjen1

camjen1

• Seniors
  • 3,658 posts
Well we can always resort to drinking water. :thumbsup:
~Sandi~
Symlin

Just because I've been on df for a whole day doesn't mean I'm ADDICTED... my chair is just COMFY...

Barb

Barb

• Members
  • 236 posts
LOL sure as long as we can add some chocolate flavoring to it :P
Type 2 Diabetic 12 years

camjen1

camjen1

• Seniors
  • 3,658 posts
CHOCO IN WATER????????? Do you wan't me to puke now or later? LOL
~Sandi~
Symlin

Barb

Barb

• Members
  • 236 posts
Oh my Please don't puke now I just had lunch lol
Hey it may be good...ok ok maybe NOT ;) will wait till someone else gives it a go :D
Type 2 Diabetic 12 years

camjen1

camjen1

• Seniors
  • 3,658 posts
Count me out as the guinea pig I will have to pass on that offer.
~Sandi~
Symlin

Barb

Barb

• Members
  • 236 posts
LOL you chicken
Ok I did try it and it's horrable...dang and I thought I hit on something good LOL
Type 2 Diabetic 12 years

camjen1

camjen1

• Seniors
  • 3,658 posts
Hey by adding that chocolate to water you definetly are not going to be drinking a tasteless, sugarless, carbless drink anymore. Ok now in order to believe you, did the choco mix well in the water and did ya have alot of clumps????? LMAO
~Sandi~
Symlin

Barb

Barb

• Members
  • 236 posts
You don't believe me..I'm Shocked lol
I used a bit of hot water first then added cold water so no lumps...
To be honest it was like drinking a dark ugly color tasteless, sugarless, carbless drink :eek:
Type 2 Diabetic 12 years

Cinnabon

Cinnabon

• Seniors
  • 3,291 posts
Hey,
I found these chocolate bars at Walmart. They are called "Carb Watchers" made by Labrada Nutrition, they are Sugar Free, 0 carbs, 30 calories, and 3g of fat. They have Orange N cream chocolate, Mint, and Hazelnut. They cost about $.96 a piece. I think they are pretty good. Only 1 catch.....its Per bite... so you have to be careful but its made w/ Belgian chocolate.

Barb

Barb

• Members
  • 236 posts

Hey,
I found these chocolate bars at Walmart. They are called "Carb Watchers" made by Labrada Nutrition, they are Sugar Free, 0 carbs, 30 calories, and 3g of fat. They have Orange N cream chocolate, Mint, and Hazelnut. They cost about $.96 a piece. I think they are pretty good. Only 1 catch.....its Per bite... so you have to be careful but its made w/ Belgian chocolate.

WOW Life may be GOOD after all :D ...must check it out here at our Wal-mart
Sounds like something I would love :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Type 2 Diabetic 12 years

camjen1

camjen1

• Seniors
  • 3,658 posts

WOW Life may be GOOD after all :D ...must check it out here at our Wal-mart
Sounds like something I would love :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't think you understand here, she said 3 grams of fat per bite. You eat one of those and you'll have to skip dinner. LOL :thumbsup:
~Sandi~
Symlin

Barb

Barb

• Members
  • 236 posts

I don't think you understand here, she said 3 grams of fat per bite. You eat one of those and you'll have to skip dinner. LOL :thumbsup:

So your saying if I have three I skip breakfast, lunch and dinner...ummm chocolate or dinner..wow that is a tough one...think i will go with the chocolate :D :P
Type 2 Diabetic 12 years

camjen1

camjen1

• Seniors
  • 3,658 posts

So your saying if I have three I skip breakfast, lunch and dinner...ummm chocolate or dinner..wow that is a tough one...think i will go with the chocolate :D :P

Me too hehehe.....
~Sandi~
Symlin

Barb

Barb

• Members
  • 236 posts
Gee I wonder if I would like Chocolate for Breakfast....guess that's a no brainer eh :whistling
Type 2 Diabetic 12 years

liz32

liz32

• Seniors
  • 1,338 posts
:thumbsup: I'm with you Barb! However, there is also a sweet treat at Walmart, it is, Equal-Chocolate Cremes. They are hard candies with creamy centers. they have 10 calories, 0.3g fat, and only 3.3g of carbs per serving. You can't eat an unending amount of them but they are godd tasting and don't leave a funny after taste in your mouth. I find alot of diabetic "treats" do. Who knows, give it a try....they do taste chocolatey.

Barb

Barb

• Members
  • 236 posts
LOL if i could have any thing relating to Chocolate for a Meal wow I would be one happy Diabetic lol
Russell Stover also puts out some awesome sweets..the chocolate covered mints are to die for :D
Type 2 Diabetic 12 years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users