- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Granny Shanny

Granny Shanny

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,380 posts
Has this been proven to help? I was surfing through last month's Ode magazine & one of the articles mentioned drinking green tea for this purpose. I drink green tea all the time, just because I LIKE it, but it would be nice to know that it is protecting me from my lovastatin!

maconusmile

maconusmile

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
I am not sure what you mean. I drink green, white, orange, and black teas daily. I also take a statin. Should I not be drinking tea?

Granny Shanny

Granny Shanny

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,380 posts
The Ode magazine article states:

if you really need to take statins, drink green tea to counteract the harmful side effects.

It is sort of a "throw-away" line, but I've seen other advice to the effect of drinking green tea or taking the coenzyme Q10 to ward off the side effects of statin drugs. I was asking if there are any studies that substantiate the claims. If a patient is experiencing memory loss or reduced strength due to statins, can green tea mitigate these effects?

sumi

sumi

• Seniors
  • 1,307 posts
Granny, I volunteer YOU to be the experiment.
Susan
DX Dec4/08 FBG 19(342)
Dec4 /08 A1C 10.9
Feb.4/09 A1C 7.6
may4 /09 A1C 5.2:D
Sept 4/09 A1C 5.4
Dec 7/09 A1C 5.2
2010 A1C average 5.4
2011 A1C average 5.5
Current meds: 1500mg metformin, 5 mg ramipril, Victoza
Low carb- started at < 50 , now can handle 100

Granny Shanny

Granny Shanny

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,380 posts
So far I'm still fuzzy-brained & weak in the elbows! :D :D :D And I drink a LOT of green tea - it's the only tea I drink.

JayDee1950

JayDee1950

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
Hey Granny over here they sometimes drink tea LOL.
Attached please find some tea information.
I prefer Crysanthemum (Flower) Tea.

The flower tea I enjoy most (tastes a little sweet) is not recommended for diabetics or those with certain allergies.
Another type of flower tea, which is more bitter - tastes like medicine is fine for diabetics.
How to tell the difference with flower diameters of equal size - say 1/2"
The sweet variety has a noticeable dark green center with white-yellowish petals.
The bitter one has a very small center, mostly petals, and are yellow-greenish as if not ripe.

Hope this helps

Attached Files

• Attached File  tea.pdf   78.44KB   2 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users