The Daniel Fast

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

sugardumplin

sugardumplin

• 500 plus
  • 709 posts
So I started this corporate fast with my church Monday. And I just wanted to share with you all how it's been working for me. I am only on Day 3 but have experienced some pretty wonderful things the past few days and wanted to share them with you all and see if anyone else has done something like this?

I have been eating only fruits and vegetables and drinking water since Monday morning. My blood sugar has been fabulous. Everytime I check it, It's in range. between 80-105.
I have been going at this diabetes thing for 2 years now. I still havent gotten it under control. Still having 8 and above A1C. I dont understand. I poke my finger, I count my carbs, I take the required amount of insulin. I do eat things a normal diabetic shouldnt eat, but according to my doctor, insulin was made so that we can eat like a normal human being. Well what exactly is normal? I know that the stuff I was eating is bad for me. And not just me..a diabetic, anyone who eats it. Food has so much junk in it that isnt even natural and it poisons your body.

Food has overtaken my life. I live to eat instead of eating to live. And in 2010 I wanna make that change. Food is no longer going to control me.

I can work out every single day, I can run 13.1 miles and not lose a single pound and its because of the **** that i keep sticking in my mouth. I see that. These last three days have been humbling for me. I have gone to sleep hungry. But everyday I get on that scale, and I have lost 4 pounds already. I cant wait to see after 7 days, and then 14, and then 21.

They say it takes 21 days to start a habit. I hope I never go back to eating junk again.

(p.s.-my insulin requirements, have dropped way down-this is a whole new world out here for me--I didnt even know it existed.)
no signature for me please....thank you.

hardingnerd

hardingnerd

• 500 plus
  • 330 posts
Just be careful u give ur body the nutrients it needs like protein and stuff. Being hungry is not a good thing for me... hungry = no sleep, :( but if u can I guess do it.

4 pounds DANG! Keep that up though.
Spencer "Lee"

A1c
3/11/09 5.1 :D
4/13/09 5.6 :o
2/15/10 5.6
8/23/10 4.8
1/11/12 5.4

sugardumplin

sugardumplin

• 500 plus
  • 709 posts
correction: fruits vegetables and nuts. pretty much anything that comes from a seed.
no signature for me please....thank you.

kgm0612

kgm0612

• 500 plus
  • 7,672 posts
If it works for you and you're feeling okay, stick with it. Good Luck!

Karen

JenniferO

JenniferO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sugar Dumplin,
I saw that you did the daniel fast, I am a straight up type 1, had it forever and I'm on a pump. My sugars have been great afternoons and evenings but I'm really fighting it in the morning, I had only peanut butter this morning, gave myself 3.00units which normally would've been way too much and my sugar still spiked to 209...I don't understand?? Did you have any weird things like that happen?

dietcookiesbox

dietcookiesbox

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Sugar Dumplin,
I saw that you did the daniel fast, I am a straight up type 1, had it forever and I'm on a pump. My sugars have been great afternoons and evenings but I'm really fighting it in the morning, I had only peanut butter this morning, gave myself 3.00units which normally would've been way too much and my sugar still spiked to 209...I don't understand?? Did you have any weird things like that happen?

Might be a mistake?

genie86333

genie86333

• 500 plus
  • 2,191 posts

Might be a mistake?

Yes, did you wash your hands & re-test? If not, you said it would normally be *too much.* It's possible it was & that it caused your blood sugar to drop & your body "rescued" you by dumping glucose from your liver.

Since you're fasting, you might want to under-estimate your expectations slightly instead of over-estimating. You can always take a correction, but your body might not always have the glucose stored up to prevent you from going too low.

JenniferO

JenniferO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I honestly never thought of it like that...I'll try that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users