Sausage and Egg - With out the McMuffin

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Michael_lambert

Michael_lambert

• Seniors
  • 755 posts
Being a guy on the run all the time, i do find although i hope to stop but i do find my self on the road and forgetting breakfast.

What is a good or better fastfood breakfast option?

I was thinking a Sausage and Egg McMuffin but tossing out the McMuffin ( 1 Egg, sausage and Cheese )
120 Units Lantus at night | 1/2 unit per carb of NovoRapid
Type II Diagnosed August 2008
AC1 8.5 - October 2009
AC1 7.9 - January 2010
AC1 6.2 - May 2011

Meet my Daughters... The reason I am here the reason I want to resolve this issue and stay here!!!

Abigail Rose Lambert
Madison
Sophia

princesslinda

princesslinda

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 16,180 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN
  • I am a:Type 2
At McDonalds, you can order a scrambled egg and an order of bacon (2 strips) for under $2....It's not on the menu, but you can order it. THat way, you're not tempted to have even one bite of that evil McMuffin!:D

I also often make a scrambled egg or omelette at night and up it in a microwavable dish to grab on my way out the door. I heat it at work and eat it at my desk.

T2, diagnosed 8/31/06.
Meds: Metformin-ER 500 mg twice daily, HCTZ 12.5 mg every other day for BP Enalapril 20 mg 1 daily (ace-inhibitor)
Diet: I eat to my meter, generally eating 75-100 carbs/day with the occasional splurge.

mzteacher

mzteacher

Youthful Senior Member

• Seniors
  • 2,341 posts
  • I am a:Type 1
sounds like your on the right track!! i find it a treat to order egg and sausage from there...i don't get the muffin!
some times at home i will make an egg on a thomas' light multi grain muffin...100 cal...26 carbs with 8 fiber....
susan

musique913

musique913

• Members
  • 252 posts
I actually get sausage egg and cheese on a muffin and eat the whole thing and never have a high sugar afterwards. English muffins don't have much in the way of carbs anyway.
*~*Angela age 33/*~*
Type 1.5
Low-Carb Eater
Medicine: Lantus 40 units
Metformin 500 2x daily
Lisinopril 5mg, for my kidneys
100mg Effexor 2x daily, for anxiety
Buspar 2x daily for anxiety
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 600mg
Women's Ultra Mega Multivitamin
B-Complex Sublingual Liquid
A1C: 1/7/10 5.9 :D after having a 10 on 10/8/09

ShottleBop

ShottleBop

• Seniors
  • 6,686 posts

I actually get sausage egg and cheese on a muffin and eat the whole thing and never have a high sugar afterwards. English muffins don't have much in the way of carbs anyway.

McDonald's reports 29 grams of carbs in the Sausage McMuffin.
Functionally, a Type 2 (missed the label by th-a-a-a-a-t much)
Dx prediabetic 02/08 (FBG 127 and 123), A1c 6.5
So far, controlled without meds.

Debbie Sue

Debbie Sue

• Seniors
  • 658 posts
Arg! That sounds so good, but sausage and I are not best of friends. when I do eat something from Mickey D's, it's usually just a couple scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon. I do miss the sausage but it's worth it to me to not have gastric upset after eating it.
Please bare with me... I am struggling over here.

Michael_lambert

Michael_lambert

• Seniors
  • 755 posts
I tried the sausage and scrabbled eggs this morning.. Safe at work so we will see if it bothers me.
AC1 8.5 - October 2009
AC1 7.9 - January 2010
AC1 6.2 - May 2011

Meet my Daughters... The reason I am here the reason I want to resolve this issue and stay here!!!

Abigail Rose Lambert
Madison
Sophia

Michael_lambert

Michael_lambert

• Seniors
  • 755 posts
Well 4 hours later and the Sausage is talking back :D Guess its not a great choice for me to make.
AC1 8.5 - October 2009
AC1 7.9 - January 2010
AC1 6.2 - May 2011

Abigail Rose Lambert
Madison
Sophia

princesslinda

princesslinda

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 16,180 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN
I have trouble with sausage too. Fortunately, I was never a big fan. Bacon or Ham works fine for me though.

T2, diagnosed 8/31/06.
Meds: Metformin-ER 500 mg twice daily, HCTZ 12.5 mg every other day for BP Enalapril 20 mg 1 daily (ace-inhibitor)
Diet: I eat to my meter, generally eating 75-100 carbs/day with the occasional splurge.

Michael_lambert

Michael_lambert

• Seniors
  • 755 posts
yea i love Bacon but it really hurts my feet if i eat more than a couple of slices a week.

Ham i am good with, Brought it for lunch today.. Slices of black forest ham and pickles :D
AC1 8.5 - October 2009
AC1 7.9 - January 2010
AC1 6.2 - May 2011

Abigail Rose Lambert
Madison
Sophia

nita355

nita355

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
In the past I have ordered just eggs and susauge patty
Nita
:)
diagnosed 11/09
A1C 6.7 11/09
A1C 6.1 10/25/11
A!C 1/12 5.9 finally :):D
supplements
R ALA
Evening Promise Oil
Diabetic mult-vitamins/herbs
Treatment
Welcol liquid
Diet and various exercise videos

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

This message is a natural product. Slight variations in grammar, conception and spelling are to be expected and in no way diminish the intent of the message

e||ement

e||ement

• Seniors
  • 1,362 posts
what is it about sausage you guys can't tolerate? is it a gut-related thing or a BS-related thing?

i'm very curious. and now i also want a sausage patty. thanks. LOL.
...|ashley|....
Now pumping with a Ping!

Michael_lambert

Michael_lambert

• Seniors
  • 755 posts
I think its the grease in the susage? When i make my own at home i tend to cook them in the oven and no grease, where at McD's they tend to toss them on a flat grill with some butter to cook them up.
AC1 8.5 - October 2009
AC1 7.9 - January 2010
AC1 6.2 - May 2011

Abigail Rose Lambert
Madison
Sophia

princesslinda

princesslinda

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 16,180 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN
I find that, for me, sausage triggers a "metformin moment.":eek: I have no problems with it blood-sugar-wise.

T2, diagnosed 8/31/06.

Michael_lambert

Michael_lambert

• Seniors
  • 755 posts
Now my dear what do you find eases that "Metformin moment"

I have had a couple of bouts with it and one day actually exceeded the daily recommended dosage of both Pepto and Imodiem and still could not get it under control.
AC1 8.5 - October 2009
AC1 7.9 - January 2010
AC1 6.2 - May 2011

Abigail Rose Lambert
Madison
Sophia

princesslinda

princesslinda

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 16,180 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Now my dear what do you find eases that "Metformin moment"

To be honest, avoiding the triggers is the best way treatment. I've never taken anything for them, just allowing them to "ahem...run their course." I'll admit that just the thought of what "might" happen keeps me on track a lot of the time.

It might be that you could tweak the timing of the metformin, maybe taking it a little later after the meal rather than with the meal...but I have no personal experience with this.

I take my metformin on an empty stomach most times..fortunately i'm not troubled by it much at all.

T2, diagnosed 8/31/06.

Michael_lambert

Michael_lambert

• Seniors
  • 755 posts
Till last night i did not even know it was a 'Metformin Moment" I just thought someone ahole had a voodoo doll or something with my name on it.

Seemed I always got the attack right before a important meeting when i am runing and now look back and see it was something from a drive through window :D
AC1 8.5 - October 2009
AC1 7.9 - January 2010
AC1 6.2 - May 2011

Abigail Rose Lambert
Madison
Sophia

GrammaBear

GrammaBear

• Seniors
  • 1,947 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois
  • I am a:Type 1
I got the following idea from my younger son who is a single Dad and he doesn't have a lot of time for fixing complicated meals. Depending on the amount of time you have before you have to leave for work, you could fix this the night before and 'nuke' it in the morning.

He takes either a whole wheat English muffin or a bagel, splits the muffin and butters both halves. Then he heats a frying pan on top of the stove and "toasts" his muffin or bagel (he doesn't have a toaster). When the bread is toasted he puts on a slice of low fat turkey lunch meat and a slice of low fat cheese and voila...a cheaper and slightly more healthy alternative to McD's Egg Muffin w/o the egg. I've found that you really have to read the nutrition labels on both English muffins and bagels as the size and carb counts differ greatly between manufacturers.

nita355

nita355

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

I think its the grease in the susage? When i make my own at home i tend to cook them in the oven and no grease, where at McD's they tend to toss them on a flat grill with some butter to cook them up.

After reading your description can't say I have the desire for susage any more:)
Nita
:)
diagnosed 11/09
A1C 6.7 11/09
A1C 6.1 10/25/11
A!C 1/12 5.9 finally :):D
supplements
R ALA
Evening Promise Oil
Diabetic mult-vitamins/herbs
Treatment
Welcol liquid
Diet and various exercise videos

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

This message is a natural product. Slight variations in grammar, conception and spelling are to be expected and in no way diminish the intent of the message

sugardumplin

sugardumplin

• Seniors
  • 709 posts

Then he heats a frying pan on top of the stove and "toasts" his muffin or bagel (he doesn't have a toaster).

buy that man a toaster!!!
no signature for me please....thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users