• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Duckssugar

Duckssugar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Group
I have a question on pen needles. I use a Novolog Flex pen and I use Novofine disposible needles for this pen. My Lantus Solostar pen is made by sanofi aventus and they told me on the phone to use ONLY the BD pen needles. They said NOT to use novofine needles on it, yet printed on the BD needle box is a listing that these needles CAN be used on the Novolog pen.
Someone is is giving me the wrong info. I would like to use just one type brand of needle for both pens. Anyone else in this situation, please post your input

Thank, Larry

owlyn

owlyn

• 500 plus
  • 1,474 posts

Hi Group
I have a question on pen needles. I use a Novolog Flex pen and I use Novofine disposible needles for this pen. My Lantus Solostar pen is made by sanofi aventus and they told me on the phone to use ONLY the BD pen needles. They said NOT to use novofine needles on it, yet printed on the BD needle box is a listing that these needles CAN be used on the Novolog pen.
Someone is is giving me the wrong info. I would like to use just one type brand of needle for both pens. Anyone else in this situation, please post your input

Thank, Larry

You can use the Novofine needles on Novo or Lily pens, but not the Solostar. You can use BD needles on any pen. The problem is that the Novofine needles have a shorter part that puntures through the rubber stopper, and it is not long enough to reliably go all the way through the stopper every time. That being said, I have used the Novofine needles occasionally on the SoloStar pen, and so far, they have worked each time.
Posted Image
Unless otherwise stated, the opinions expressed here are my own and are in no way intended to be considered as anything other than my opinion. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

lorilei

lorilei

• 500 plus
  • 3,151 posts
i don't use lantus so i cannot speak for that...but i am guessing if the BOX tells you it is okay to use the novofines than go for it? The ppl are probably reading scripted material and will want to sway you towards their own product links would be my guess...but what do i know!

lori;)

Novolog ~ mm522..
Working on Tour de Cure Princeton 2012~ June ;)
ACCOMPLISHED
MS Ride 75 miles on 9/24/11:)
Tour de Cure June 2011, June 2012
Livestrong 10k on foot Aug 2011
Treasure Island Tri~ Sept, 2010, Oct 2011

One life you've got to do what you should....

Duckssugar

Duckssugar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks oqlyn
I think I'll ask my Endo for a "New" script ( Upping the amount each day)for the BD needles. I like the BD's a little more cause they have a better sterile seal on it i think..
Thanks for that info

Larry

matingara

matingara

• 500 plus
  • 2,175 posts
i use novofine 0.3-8mm needle tips on both my novorapid (novolog) and lantus (solostar) pens.

i have never had any problems. i have never received any advice against this practice.

i am in australia - so something may be different - but i doubt it...

:)

-- joel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
do not click here...

NUMBERS
-----------------
May 2010 : A1C (home) 5.5%: Feb 2010: A1C (home): 5.2% Oct 2009: A1C: 5.7%;
Triglycerides: 53 (0.6); HDL chol: 50 (1.2); LDL chol: 19.5 (0.5); total cholesterol 87.5
Lantus before bed - 30u; Novorapid for meals (averaging 20-30u per day); Lowish carb diet

Duckssugar

Duckssugar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for your input Matingara

Larry

JJM335

JJM335

• 500 plus
  • 737 posts
I used Novofine needles on both Lantus and Apidra Solostar pens routinely and never ever had a problem with them.

Joel

T1 since 1977
MM522/Apidra since July 08
Animas Vibe/Humalog since Nov 13
CGM - Self Funded - now with Dexcom G4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users