Cinnamon plus chromium

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

HansM

HansM

• 500 plus
  • 609 posts
Anyone know anything about the subject?I have tried this and I don't think it worked very well for me.Anyone have good luck with this?

Shebalib

Shebalib

• 500 plus
  • 527 posts
since I was very young I've always been told about the healing benefits of te' de canela (heavier cinnamon tea in my house). As I learned of diabetes in other family members they were drinking it to help lower BG in addition to it being a regular drink anyway. I have heard there are some studies, but I haven't read them.

I love canela! And if it helps, even better.

Don't know much about chromium. Heard it helps with weight loss. I do know it is in my multivitamin.

Good luck!

princesslinda

princesslinda

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 15,964 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN
  • I am a:Type 2
Hans, you should try the cinnamon and the chromium and see if it works for you. It's definitely a "your mileage may vary" type thing....and should in no way take the place of your regular medications.

That being said, I enjoy the taste of cinnamon, and regularly use it in my tea and cocoa....and I take a chromium supplement as well.

T2, diagnosed 8/31/06.
Meds: Metformin-ER 500 mg twice daily, HCTZ 12.5 mg every other day for BP Enalapril 20 mg 1 daily (ace-inhibitor)
Diet: I eat to my meter, generally eating 75-100 carbs/day with the occasional splurge.

HansM

HansM

• 500 plus
  • 609 posts

Hans, you should try the cinnamon and the chromium and see if it works for you. It's definitely a "your mileage may vary" type thing....and should in no way take the place of your regular medications.

That being said, I enjoy the taste of cinnamon, and regularly use it in my tea and cocoa....and I take a chromium supplement as well.

I have added Chromium Picolinate to my cinnamon.

pdxdennisj

pdxdennisj

• 500 plus
  • 578 posts
The cinnemon/diabetes thing has only been found in a couple of very small trials - no big one that would suggest it is a real thing. It never worked for me.
PDXDENNISJDx 1/92
2x 850mg Metformin
2x 15u NPN
2x 10 Byetta

SailAwayAK

SailAwayAK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hans I use Chromium. I took it while in pregnancy and had diabetes. However, the type of Chromium makes a difference.

I used picolonate but did not have success with it. My doctor actually had me switch to Polynicotinate and it made all the difference. The niacin bound polinicotinate does help to reduce the sugar and carb cravings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users