• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ramon

ramon

• 500 plus
  • 3,109 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas
  • I am a:Type 2
I keep getting this error message on my meter when trying to test and cant find my booklet. Does anyone know what this means?

Michael_lambert

Michael_lambert

• 500 plus
  • 755 posts
If i am not mistaken, the e-9 error are the batteries getting low.
120 Units Lantus at night | 1/2 unit per carb of NovoRapid
Type II Diagnosed August 2008
AC1 8.5 - October 2009
AC1 7.9 - January 2010
AC1 6.2 - May 2011

Meet my Daughters... The reason I am here the reason I want to resolve this issue and stay here!!!

Abigail Rose Lambert
Madison
Sophia

fgummett

fgummett

• 500 plus
  • 7,916 posts
You'll probably find the manual on-line : https://www.accu-che...ters/aviva.html

Exactly! "E - 9"...

The battery is almost out of power. Change the battery now. See Chapter 5, “Changing the Battery.”

ramon

ramon

• 500 plus
  • 3,109 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas
  • I am a:Type 2
Oh thanx buddy, I just bought 100 strips off Amazon so I was worried and don't want to go through the hassle. I haven't replaced the battery since I got the meter so I guess its time. Phew... now I feel better.:)

Marshmallow W

Marshmallow W

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
Is your ACCU-CHEK Aviva working now? Did you replace the battery? I'm using that monitor also.
It's a marshmallow world in the winter...

Delphinus

Delphinus

• 500 plus
  • 2,456 posts

Oh thanx buddy, I just bought 100 strips off Amazon so I was worried and don't want to go through the hassle. I haven't replaced the battery since I got the meter so I guess its time. Phew... now I feel better.:)

Take them out and spin them around. :T
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Type1 diabetic. Son of a Type1 diabetic. Father to a Type1 diabetic.

+++ Jason

gettingby

gettingby

• 500 plus
  • 10,037 posts
Let me start by saying that I'm not meter bashing here but........I received an Aviva in the mail. I've tried to use it several times and keep getting a code error (don't remember the number). According to the website, the code means that my bg is too low to check. Funny thing is, when I checked with my US, my readings were in the 90-120 range. :confused: I've thought of sending it back but I'm not sure I would feel safe using this particular meter. I'm gonna stick with my One Touch meters.

:P 

~Cin~
Mom always says I'm special. Hmmm........wonder what she means by that?? LOL.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they must be felt with the heart.
~Helen Keller~

dd2collin

dd2collin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Take them out and spin them around.
That's exactly what I did, and now mine works...

Ian Pipe

Ian Pipe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm using a Performa Nano here in OZ. This error just popped up for me on Sunday evening....to tell me that my battery was dead...and then the unit shut down. No warning. Just the beep and off.

Before I'm told, "you should buy back up batteries!", I only bought this about 3 weeks ago (new model. Discounts still being given on the purchase)...because the Accu Chek Mobile I had before had rejected three catridges that failed (one with 14 tests still to go, another with 5 to go and the last one didn't work at all).

Mr. Roche, please wake up. You are not selling tissues here. These units have to have an error rate of 0% or your customers can get into serious strife.

And presently, in my view, your products are rubbish.

Carlsburg

Carlsburg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Basically what happens is that the products sit in a warehouse after they are shipped to the U.S (from China). I asked customer service at [url]www.diabetessuppliesplus.com[/url] and they were very straightforward. All of the discount medical supply companies online can sell so low because they buy in bulk from China. In all honestly, you should IMMEDIATELY put brand new batteries in whatever you receive, because there is no telling how long those diabetes supplies were warehoused, on the water, on the shelves, etc. It could be weeks, it could be ten years. Batteries have a self life too, you know.

The same goes if you buy from CVS or Rite Aid or Discount Drug Mart, etc etc etc. It has nothing to do with the 'quailty' of the product, it's more of a logistics issue due to transportation time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users