- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

gelbaugh05

gelbaugh05

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I have a precision Xtra glucose meter and really like it. I also have an older one that I would like to clear the readings on it so I can get an up to date average reading. Anyone know how to clear the readings on it or should I just buy another one so I have one for work & home.

voxparse

voxparse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Not 100% sure but if you take the battery out that does the trick on a lot of models.

poodlebone

poodlebone

• Seniors
  • 4,960 posts
I don't think you can clear most meters. I vaguely remember that you could clear Lifescan meters if you had the cable and software but I may have imagined that!

I have never lost any readings on any meter by removing the batteries. I don't know how old the Precision Xtra is but that may work with older meters.
--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987
Minimed Paradigm 723 Revel + CGMS
13mm Silhouettes + Sure-T infusion sets
Lifescan Ultra meters
Last A1c: 7/10: 5.4

SCC

SCC

• Seniors
  • 1,030 posts
With the One Touch, you can clear by hooking up to the PC and running their software. Sorry, don't know about the Precision. Did you look on their website?
-Susan
Type 1 - 48 years and counting
Pumping since Sept 07 (MM Revel 523)

LexKing

LexKing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
The last time that I cleared a meter, I tried taking the battery out and putting it back in, but the memory did not clear. Finally, I got it to clear by taking the battery out for several hours.
Regards;

Lex
:cool:

Rebecca

Rebecca

• Members
  • 188 posts

I have a precision Xtra glucose meter and really like it. I also have an older one that I would like to clear the readings on it so I can get an up to date average reading. Anyone know how to clear the readings on it or should I just buy another one so I have one for work & home.

Precision Xtra meters memory sadly can not be deleted. However.. the readings are not that long of a memory.. 14 day and/or 30 day. So if the readings are MORE than that 14 and/or 30 days old they are not factored in.
This is like ALMOST ALL meters.
Only meter that you can delete memory from is LifeScan's OneTouch brand meters, but however you need their programme on your computer and the docking cable (and when I bought mine many many years ago it was about $30).
Type 1 since Feb, 1978....DX'd @ 3 years old
Cozmo Pump
Last HbA1c: 5.9 (02/02/2012)

Bountyman

Bountyman

SeƱor Member

• Seniors
  • 5,184 posts
  • Location95965
  • I am a:Type 2

Only meter that you can delete memory from is LifeScan's OneTouch brand meters...

Not true. I have a Bayer Breeze2 meter that you can completely clear the memory from.

imac

imac

• Members
  • 239 posts
You can clear the memory on accu-chek meters if you have the cable and software.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users