- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Orionpaxxx

Orionpaxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have diabetes type 2 and I haven't really had access to medicine since Early part of Nov. which is when I lost my job so the money isn't there for the medicine. I used my last pay check to pay rent and stuff like that but no medicine. during the rest of Nov me and my girlfriend started to argue more and more well when Dec rolled around it was bad always arguing and we didn't spend Christmas with each because of it. after the new year I was basically out of food and she and her mom brought me food but I conserved food and you know we started getting along better it seems without the larger intake of food that my sugar wasn't up high and i wasn't flying off the hook like in Nov and Dec the stress was awful then but the sugar levels got better with not eating as much and we got along much better well the I got some money with food stamps and went and got some food and then was taken to the food bank to get some food and then that ran out but then i got more food stamps well during the time i didn't have as much food we didn't argue much at all but when i got the last amount of food stamps boy the sh** hit the fan and all **** broke lose high sugar mean anger for me low sugar means i am fine I have got some money coming from something I have invested I guess it will be here on Monday or Tuesday but the high blood sugar is ruined our relationship I am am pleading with her to hang in there until I get my money and then get to the Dr. and get checked out and some new medicine. Do you see this food balance and not eating right without medicine with diabetes as a source of my anger? Can someone help me I am desperate. I said some awful things to my girlfriends mom thru text messaging before I realized.

rak1978

rak1978

• Seniors
  • 2,380 posts

Do you see this food balance and not eating right without medicine with diabetes as a source of my anger?

Welcome to the forums. There is lots of good advice to choose from here. To answer your question...yes! Uncontrolled (and for me, especially high) blood sugars can make you agitated and behave improperly. Do you have access to a tester and test strips? I know it's a matter of money, but you really should see a doctor right away. In the meantime, avoiding carbs might be your best option at good control without a tester or meds.
Take care!
Rachel :D
Type 1, diagnosed 2004

Orionpaxxx

Orionpaxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I will be able to go to the Dr. next week I have been waiting for money dince start of dec it is finally here but I made a hige error of judement because of this illness I ahve and not ahving meds

rak1978

rak1978

• Seniors
  • 2,380 posts
All you can do is move forward and try to make the best decisions for your future, not your past. Don't worry.
I don't normally give people carb advice, but in your case, I will...you really should stay away from carbs until you have a tester/strips and medication. Carbohydrates cause your blood sugar to rise, and in your case, you are going at it blind with no ammunition to combat them.
I really hope you feel better soon.
Stick around. I'm sure more people will come along and give you better advice :).
Type 1, diagnosed 2004

stinastina

stinastina

• Seniors
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationAtlanta
  • I am a:Type 2

I will be able to go to the Dr. next week I have been waiting for money dince start of dec it is finally here but I made a hige error of judement because of this illness I ahve and not ahving meds

The standard meds like metformin, glucophage are only $4 at walmart and most other pharmacies will honor that. CVS has a minute clinic and they charge a smallish fee for the doctor's visit which I think is around $62.

Good luck with your doctor's visit - make sure they know about your financial situation because you never know what resources your doctor has.

Current meds:
2000 mg Metformin
25 mg HCTZ
50 mg Losartan

Current supplements:
Iron
Centrum Multivitamin
300mg Mega Red Krill Oil

Vitamin D

r-ALA

HbA1c

7/14 - 6.1  :D 

4/23 - 6.5  :proud:

4/14 - 6.8 
3/14 - 6.9 :D
2/14 - 7.4
1/14 - 8.1
12/13 - 7.9
4/5/10 - 6.7 :)
12/18/09 - 7.9
6/22/09 - 7.2
3/19/09 - 11.8 :eek:
2/5/09 - 10.4 (just starting meds)

I've lost 23 lbs since 1/15/14 !! :D

Orionpaxxx

Orionpaxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Carbs so help me out here what do i need to avoid?

Orionpaxxx

Orionpaxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I am so depressed with this whole situation I really don't seem to be thinking good at all

Orionpaxxx

Orionpaxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I was online today because well I feel so bad and jsut trying to talk to xomeoene to keep my mind off things and I went to yahoo chat room for diabetics and well that is a disaterous place so i ofund this after going to WEBMD and well this place I mean it is to slow to really keep a talk going

rak1978

rak1978

• Seniors
  • 2,380 posts
Orion, it is a little slow today, but I think you may get more help/attention to your post if you post in introductions/announcements? The welcoming people here are eager to give words of wisdom to newbies.

This is my advice for what it's worth on carbs to avoid for now....
Sugar, Flour, Fruit, Milk, hmmm...can't think of anything else at the moment.
You do not need to avoid these things forever. Just until you have a meter & test strips along with some medicine to figure out what your body can tolerate.

Best of luck to you!
Type 1, diagnosed 2004

Orionpaxxx

Orionpaxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ok well thank you sorry to keep bugging you

Orionpaxxx

Orionpaxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
How do I find the intro place?

foxl

foxl

• Seniors
  • 13,756 posts
Hi, Orion. Slow day here -- probably the hockey game is making it slower.

So you are bumming on having the D?

What do you LIKE to eat? Meat? Nuts? Butter, cheese? All these are now yours ...
Linda

[B]Jan A1c 6.3/B]
Jul 09 ... C-pep 1.3, GAD-65 > 30
Mar 10 C-pep 2.8 (20 g carb); GAD 3.2
dx 02/09 in DKA

Levemir 12U per day; novolog PRN TDD ca 16U
MetforminXR 1000 mg BID
Ramipril 5 mg
T4 112 mcg
Chia oil
Vitamin D3, 4000 IU
Eating 20 - 45 g carb per day ovo-lacto-vegetarian
Walking 30 min 6x week

Orionpaxxx

Orionpaxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yes I am in tears over here

Orionpaxxx

Orionpaxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Found intro place

rak1978

rak1978

• Seniors
  • 2,380 posts
Here's a suggested list of foods that may help you feel better (low carb)....
Meats, nuts, cheese, eggs, VEGETABLES, etc...

saw your post, Linda, after I posted this! :)
Type 1, diagnosed 2004

foxl

foxl

• Seniors
  • 13,756 posts

Found intro place

Awww, I feel bad for you -- heading to other post now.
Linda

[B]Jan A1c 6.3/B]
Jul 09 ... C-pep 1.3, GAD-65 > 30
Mar 10 C-pep 2.8 (20 g carb); GAD 3.2
dx 02/09 in DKA

Levemir 12U per day; novolog PRN TDD ca 16U
MetforminXR 1000 mg BID
Ramipril 5 mg
T4 112 mcg
Chia oil
Vitamin D3, 4000 IU
Eating 20 - 45 g carb per day ovo-lacto-vegetarian
Walking 30 min 6x week

Orionpaxxx

Orionpaxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yes I like to eat nuts and meats and all the other things yo are talking about but the problem is I am so depressed taht I cant eat anyhting I ahve eatern two times since friday

Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
Hang in there ! Try to relax ! If your girlfriend is at all understanding...she will read and know how diabteses affects everyone. Stay away from the 'white stuff'...breads, pastas etc. Start reading the nutrition labels on the foods you buy. stay as low as you can on carbs.

I was over 600 BG a few months ago. Today I run in the 80's !!! It will take time and some work...but you will get there. Like i said...hopefully the girlfriend is understandable and loving and may even pitch in and help you. BTW.... I was a real PITA a few months ago...just ask my wife !!!

Good luck...and stay here amoungst friends... ;)
Today Is The First Day Of The Rest Of My Life !!

djt1344

djt1344

• Seniors
  • 702 posts
Hi Orion,

My name is Daniel and I came to this forum with the same situation that you are in now concerning not having the money nor insurance nor family members to help able to me. At, first glance I felt like I was just going to accept that I am going to die like my grandfather except he had a large family that was supportive of his illness. At times, I prayed to God to forgive me for abusing my body to the point of no return, type 2, and to wish that I return in the next life time in a different body born to wealthy individual. I blame myself entirely for this illness and noone else, even worse, even when I was diagnosed 4 years ago I continue to live life large and not care about my health, I made plenty of money back then but just didn't care.

What saved me was both the acceptance that my body was in pain everyday and that chest pains finally sent me to the ER. After saving enough money to go to my first doctor's visit I was finally given some meds for both High Blood Pressure and Diabetes, because I had not seeing the same doctor in so long that my body was damaged already and the new drugs sent me to the ER another 4 times. All in all, I have a massive medical bill of close to ten thousand that I cannot pay off now. To make matters worse I lost my job today without any benefits including UE insurance. The point is that many will encounter this disease with less than zero like me but in your case take heed of the fact that you have a supportive girlfriend that you shoul bang you knees on the floor everyday to thank her and her family for helping out. This forum with the kindness of stranger's advice got me out of doldrums and made me feel at home and that there are people that are willing to give you sound advice. And, I sincerely hope you listen. Please email me personally if you need anything else besides good karma because that's the only commodity I have right now.

Daniel

Orionpaxxx

Orionpaxxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Well thank you for the kinds words but right now it is hard to accept anything that has happened because i really didnt mean any of it. She wont talk to me and tht is jsut upsetting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users