Question, What causes foam in urine?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Rob43

Rob43

• 500 plus
  • 2,795 posts
Wondering what causes alot of foam in my urine. I drink alot of water and wondering if this foam is from my body fat or what? I've lost at of weight in the last 7 months from drinking water and diet drinks and watching what I eat.

Rob

foxl

foxl

• 500 plus
  • 13,756 posts
LOTS of things.

Search on bubbles or foam urine here and you will read this question, over and over!
Linda

[B]Jan A1c 6.3/B]
Jul 09 ... C-pep 1.3, GAD-65 > 30
Mar 10 C-pep 2.8 (20 g carb); GAD 3.2
dx 02/09 in DKA

Levemir 12U per day; novolog PRN TDD ca 16U
MetforminXR 1000 mg BID
Ramipril 5 mg
T4 112 mcg
Chia oil
Vitamin D3, 4000 IU
Eating 20 - 45 g carb per day ovo-lacto-vegetarian
Walking 30 min 6x week

yannah

yannah

• 500 plus
  • 5,599 posts
the big fear with foam is that it is protein. so in general, that is something to get checked.

I had that happen, and it was protein. but because I had an asymptomatic UTI, not from diabetes related kidney issues.

so either way, something to get checked.
last a1c 5.5. /5.8

low carb

quinipril- 5 mg day
novolog 70/30

my lipid profile is finally amazing.

I LOVE YOU!

Rob43

Rob43

• 500 plus
  • 2,795 posts

LOTS of things.

Search on bubbles or foam urine here and you will read this question, over and over!

I did a search on here and it came back with nothing so I thought about asking a question.

Thanks, Rob

Dunecat

Dunecat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Wondering what causes alot of foam in my urine. I drink alot of water and wondering if this foam is from my body fat or what? I've lost at of weight in the last 7 months from drinking water and diet drinks and watching what I eat.

Rob

Try this - Sit on the stool (gal-style) and urinate on the bowl , not the water . Still foamy ? If not then its not protein leakage . A doctor told me this . ~Dunecat~

janice21475

janice21475

Wife w/diabetic Hubby

• 500 plus
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationN. Central Fla
  • I am a:Spouse/Significant Other

Try this - Sit on the stool (gal-style) and urinate on the bowl , not the water . Still foamy ? If not then its not protein leakage . A doctor told me this . ~Dunecat~

You beat me to the post button. My husband had lots of bubbles in the bowl and we were concerned. After trying to get his Dr interested enough to test for 'something' he tried sitting down to pee and NO BUBBLES. That was a relief.

Hope your problem is the same.
Janice & Husband

Husband, Type 2 = 22 units Lantus in the AM

Rob43

Rob43

• 500 plus
  • 2,795 posts
I was peeing in a bottle to find out how dark my urine was and it caused foam to build up. I'm going see my Diabetic doctor this Thursday and I took my three month blood test today for him to check on Thursday.

Thanks, Rob.

Delphinus

Delphinus

• 500 plus
  • 2,455 posts

I was peeing in a bottle to find out how dark my urine was and it caused foam to build up. I'm going see my Diabetic doctor this Thursday and I took my three month blood test today for him to check on Thursday.

Thanks, Rob.

I wonder if maybe there was soap residue.

Is this a bottle you washed out yourself?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Type1 diabetic. Son of a Type1 diabetic. Father to a Type1 diabetic.

+++ Jason

Spock

Spock

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Thanks, Rob.

Maybe there was still some beer left.:D

Rob43

Rob43

• 500 plus
  • 2,795 posts
It's a clean bottle with no beer. I've been having pains in my kidneys and someone told me if your urine is real dark it could be a sign of kidney problems. Mine is clear and light yellow I have found out.

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users