Tooth extraction

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

carolyn

carolyn

• 500 plus
  • 336 posts
I am having a large back tooth out tomorrow. I am really nervous. This is the first tooth I have had removed since diagnosis. Has anyone had problems after having a tooth removed. What can I expect?

yannah

yannah

• 500 plus
  • 5,599 posts
keep the blood sugar in range. I think this will be uneventful.
last a1c 5.5. /5.8

low carb

quinipril- 5 mg day
novolog 70/30

my lipid profile is finally amazing.

I LOVE YOU!

pinkbenjiblue

pinkbenjiblue

• 500 plus
  • 617 posts
Hi Carolyn, So good luck with everything. So I have and Hubby has..He got dry socket, with meds, went away. I. although un comfortable was ok, ....u will be fine, just relax...hmmm, so not forget the novacane.....let us know....oh, I took a motrin before the procedure, ask Dr. do not know if that is good advice though...worked for me.
:wink: :)

carolyn

carolyn

• 500 plus
  • 336 posts
Thanks for replies.

jenb

jenb

• 500 plus
  • 4,240 posts

Thanks for replies.

I had a tooth extracted after it cracked to pieces. Easy peasy! And my head no longer felt like it was in a vice - that was the worst paid I'd ever experienced. A little bridgework and I was good as new.

Good luck! Let us know how you do.

Jen

genie86333

genie86333

• 500 plus
  • 2,191 posts
Ok, so I haven't had an extraction since dx, but have had extensive dental work done (pretty bad that the dentists' office staff know me by name when I walk in the door...) lately. Biggest thing to think about is: figure out soft things to eat for a couple days that won't spike you blood sugar- I usually try to make some low-carb non-chunky soups beforehand, stock up on sugar-free pudding, jello & stuff like that, mashed cauliflower, scrambled eggs, etc.

mzteacher

mzteacher

Youthful Senior Member

• 500 plus
  • 2,253 posts
  • I am a:Type 1
hi,
i had no problems...actually the dentist called the nurse in and said it was one of the fastest healing he had ever seen...so no problems here....just follow his directions to the tee!!
sending good thoughts your way!
good luck!
susan

sarahspins

sarahspins

• 500 plus
  • 862 posts
I had a couple of wisdom teeth removed a few years after I was diagnosed - it was no problem. I went in with my BG about 150 and let it sit there because I opted for sedation... I was fine after, and I healed pretty quick. I remember sleeping a lot the first few days afterwards due to the pain meds, but it really wasn't "that" bad.
Sarah, T1 since 2000
PINGing Apidra along with Dexcom 7+

Joeprep4820

Joeprep4820

• 500 plus
  • 1,009 posts
I had my wisdom teeth out in 2003, and got them removed by a surgeon in hospital. Went in that morning, had a BG of 120 or so from what I remember, went to the OR, came out with squirrel like cheeks and a BG in the 200s, took half my normal dose, and was eating some vanilla ice cream 2 hours later. No problems really, except the spike after surgery. I slept a lot due to the pain medications, which was kind of nice, actually. I kept my BGs a bit high since I was eating less and sleeping more, but it was only for a few days. I just followed the doctor's instructions, and I was healed up in a normal amount of time.
Georgetown University Class of 2008
Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service
Type I Diabetic since 1988
Pumper since 2007
12/09 A1C - 5.7
Complication free and keeping it that way
Go Hoyas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users