Photo

Does chiropractic care benefit diabetes?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Debbie Sue

Debbie Sue

• 500 plus
  • 658 posts
Had a convo with my mom yesterday and she's getting treated by a chiropractor for sciatica. She brought up the question of this type of therapy and if it's beneficial to diabetes. She realizes there is no cure for this disease but wants to know if chiropractic care could help lower bs levels. Anyone know?
Please bare with me... I am struggling over here.

plattb1

plattb1

• 500 plus
  • 2,071 posts
I'm guessing that chiropractic care is good for more things than most of us realize. I didn't know until this year how helpful it is for sinus headaches. Previously, I thought it was most beneficial for back & neck pain.

However, I've never heard that it helps lower blood glucose levels. My partner works part-time for the chiropractor who treats me; both of them are well aware that I'm a PWD; and neither has ever made any recommendations for chiropractic care in regard to D.

That doesn't mean it isn't so. I just have no knowledge of it.
Barrie

Dx T2 Sept 1999
Latest A1c 6.1 (April 2010)
Metformin 2000 mg daily
Lantus 20 units daily
Ramipril 10 mg daily
Multivitamin, B-12, D-3,
R-ALA/biotin, Omega-3 (chia oil)

dennisA

dennisA

• 500 plus
  • 207 posts

Had a convo with my mom yesterday and she's getting treated by a chiropractor for sciatica. She brought up the question of this type of therapy and if it's beneficial to diabetes. She realizes there is no cure for this disease but wants to know if chiropractic care could help lower bs levels. Anyone know?

It could help by reducing stress levels in the body due to sciatic pain and the increased ability to get cardio exercise in. My lower 4-6 discs are herniated and ruptured. I went 4 months without being able to walk up stairs and my a1c went up to 9.9. After my epidural I can now walk 40 minutes a day and have gotten my daily and a1c numbers under control.
2x Janumet 50mg/1000mg
30 MG actos)
Crestor 10mg <Ceased>, wellchol
Micardis 40mg
Omega-3 Fish oil 1200mg, acai berry, flax seed oil.

A1c (12-09) 9.9, (2-10) 6.6, (5-10) 5.9, (9-10) 5.4 (2-11) 5.9, (5/11 5.5), (9 11) 5.4 (11-11) 5.9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users