- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SolidSnake84

SolidSnake84

• 500 plus
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have a stubborn wart on my index finger. Normally I'd treat it with one of those salicylic acid dots or the liquid form, but they say not to use them if you are diabetic. I don't have insurance right now, so seeing a dermatologist to have it frozen off isn't an option. I've seen the freeze option available as a home use now, but was hesitant if it was worth the money. anyone have any methods of getting rid of these that are safe for diabetics? also, why is the salicylic acid harmful to diabetics? as far as I know, it's the only ingredient in the concoction.

shyam

shyam

• 500 plus
  • 1,030 posts
I had two tiny warts on my forehead. I got rid of them by applying a liquid given to me by an ayurvedic doctor. The liquid did burn a lot if applied to normal skin. I think it would be the same salicylic acid that you are talking about. I hadn't heard of diabetics not using the solution, and since it was an external affair, I didn't even bother about it.
DX Type II Nov 2007 (219 fasting)
Diet/Exercise since Aug 2010
1stAug10 : BG 178 Fasting / A1C : 8.00, Oct'10 6.9 / Jan'11 6.4
Apr'11 6.0 / June'11 5.9 / Oct'11 5.8 / Jan'12 5.6 / Apr'12 5.3
Now between 70-125 all the time
;)

Cormac_Doyle

Cormac_Doyle

• 500 plus
  • 1,368 posts
the advise that diabetics should not use acids or freezing solutions to remove warts without medical supervision is one of safety akin to printing "may cause drowsiness" on the side of a sedative.

If you suffer from peripheral neuropathy, and thus cannot feel pain in the area you are treating, it is a bad idea to try and treat it yourself. Otherwise you should be fine!
HbA1c
2007/2008 - Sept 07: 10.9; Feb 08: 8.5; Sept 08: 7.3;
2009 - Feb: 7.5; Apr: 6.4; Aug: 6.1;
2010 - Jan: 7.0; Mar: 6.4; Jun: 6.1; Oct: 5.9;
2011 - Jan: 6.4; Apr: 6.5; Aug: 6.3; Nov: 6.2;
2012 - Mar: 6.7; May: 6.3; June: 6.2; Sep: 5.4; Dec: 6.0
2013 - Mar: 6.1; May: 6.5; July: 6.3; Nov: 6.1

Meds - Glucophage: 2000mg; Omega 3: 4000mg; Crestor: 20mg; Victoza: 1.8mg; Humulin: 150-250 iu ( originally 1800-2400 iu daily)

Started Pump: 10th April 2011 - Minimed Paradigm Veo

pkdarlin

pkdarlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I have a stubborn wart on my index finger. Normally I'd treat it with one of those salicylic acid dots or the liquid form, but they say not to use them if you are diabetic. I don't have insurance right now, so seeing a dermatologist to have it frozen off isn't an option. I've seen the freeze option available as a home use now, but was hesitant if it was worth the money. anyone have any methods of getting rid of these that are safe for diabetics? also, why is the salicylic acid harmful to diabetics? as far as I know, it's the only ingredient in the concoction.

I had wards on my index finger about two years ago. I had them for five years and could not get rid of them. I worked at a health food store and tried everything. I started taking this green tea white tea and they started drying up and going away. They are gone now. It is New Chapter green tea white tea. I started ordering it from Vita Cost because it was cheaper. It is a pill and they are great!!!!

TrickyTreeFrog

TrickyTreeFrog

• 500 plus
  • 2,091 posts
  • I am a:Type 2
PK how long after taking the tea did you see results....I have a cousin that has not been able to get rid of three warts for years.

Tks

Hugs

Laura

Ability is what you're capable of doing.... Motivation determines what you do.... Attitude determines how well you do it."

“Be the captain of your ship :captain:~ take control"

DX'd Type2 - 9/8/10.......BG Doc's office 320
HB -A1C
Sept '10 - 13.8
Nov '10 - 8.2
Dec '10 - 6.5
Jan '11 - 5.8
GHb - A1C
Mar. '11 - 7.2 (or- a 5.4 HBa1c reading)
HB - A1C
Jun. '12 - 5.9
Metformin 500mg x 2 
LCHF diet and I eat to my meter

Gladtobehere

Gladtobehere

• 500 plus
  • 1,111 posts
  • I am a:Type 1
I have used Compound W bandaids. It did take a lot longer than I expected but it worked.

I believe the warning is basically a CYA message from the manufacturer.

If someone cannot feel an extremity AND does not inspect that extremity on a regular basis , they wouldn't know they had warts. Besides there is NO excuse for not inspecting ones fingers occasionally. :-)

pkdarlin

pkdarlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I think it was about 2-3 months. I was just taking the New Chapter tea for the antioxidents and the results was getting rid of my warts. I tried everything and nothing else worked. It can't hurt to try it.

liz32

liz32

• 500 plus
  • 1,338 posts
DUCT TAPE... yes, i said duct tape... my daughter had planters warts that wouldn't go away... we wrapped her heals in duct tape for 3 weeks (obviously changing them every couple days). They disappeared, they're starved of everything and it works... gross but works. And the best part is no medicine involved.
Liz macdonald
T2 since January 2005
levemir & novo rapid

vegasvic

vegasvic

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
So it was the infamous "they" who put you off the salicylic acid treatments huh? When it comes to warts some things work and some don't...obviously.

I've seen the salicylic acid work as well as the freezing method, I've heard about the duct tape working but have never actually seen it. Also, there is the tagamet/ibuprofen treatment and most recently I've put together a combination SA/5-fluorouracil/DDG/levamisol that covers all bases.

I wouldn't be worried about using any of these methods provided it wasn't on my feet so with it on the index finder I'd say "pick your poison" and get on with it.

vic
47 y/o
type 2 since 2000
4/15/10 A1C=8.5
6/10/10 A1C=7.7
12/20/10 A1C=7.0
So no longer just oral meds!
Humulog 8U/Humulin N 24U AM&PM

Bill_Iowa

Bill_Iowa

• 500 plus
  • 276 posts
I had success in getting rid of a wart on the side of my calf by placing a wet cloth on it and applying heat via heating pad. If I recall right, I did this for 30 to 60 minutes a night for a week or so. I don't think warts like moisture or heat. It might be the slowest method, but the wart completely disappeared and never came back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users