Fillers in Aldi's spices?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Anthony S

Anthony S

• Members
  • 121 posts
The packages for Aldi's Stonemill spice says that they may contain milk, wheat, or soy. I'm assuming they're using fillers which is how they can sell them for so much cheaper than other stores. Does anyone know of nutritional data for these? I haven't found anything so far.

ETA: D'oh. I just realized that I had a bottle of chili powder from Aldi in my cabinet. It contains nutrition data, but I don't recall seeing this on the cinnamon bottle at the store. I'll have to go back and check again.

BTW, the chili powder says 0 carbs.

jwags

jwags

• Seniors
  • 7,700 posts
  • I am a:Type 2

The packages for Aldi's Stonemill spice says that they may contain milk, wheat, or soy. I'm assuming they're using fillers which is how they can sell them for so much cheaper than other stores. Does anyone know of nutritional data for these? I haven't found anything so far.

Sometimes when they say that they mean they may be made in the same factory where wheat, milk or soy is made. That is so those with allergies know to avoid them. If you google Stonemill Spices nutrition info you will pull up several sites that give you a carb breakdown.

metformin 2550 mg
Moderate carb diet 40-75 carbs a day
3 T of Coconut Oil daily

Vit D, CoQ10, Melatonin, Multi vitamin, zinc, B 12
Chia Seeds , Flaxseeds, fish oil, biotin, occuvite and zinc

Exercise- Tennis - 2 hours/week, Power Walking- 2-4 miles most days, Hiking in the summer on trails and in the mountains

diagnosed Feb 2007
Age 64

Anthony S

Anthony S

• Members
  • 121 posts
Thanks for the quick response. I'll have to look more carefully the next time at the store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users