low carb Peanut butter fudge

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

bdelatte

bdelatte

• Seniors
  • 724 posts
Anyone have a good recipe for low carb peanut butter fudge?? I have been making it with this recipe:

8 oz cream cheese
1 cup p.b.
1 cup butter
1/2 cup of splenda
1/2 tsp of vanilla

The first time I made this it tasted WAY too buttery and never set up right, (which was prob my fault b/c you really have to mix this stuff well and I got tired of mixing)...anyway my mom made me some with the same recipe and she actually took the time to mix it really well and it set up a lot better like fudge, however, it still had too much of a butter taste (not near as bad as mine though)...so i made it again last week and only used about 3/4 cup of butter which worked out well on the taste and texture, however, it never hardened up like fudge. I have to eat with a spoon.

Anyone have a diff recipe that is still low in carb that may work better? (This recipe i like b/c it has about 5 carbs per piece)
Diabetics are naturally sweet! ;)
Animas OneTouch Ping Insulin Pump
A1C 6.0

cjmobxnc

cjmobxnc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Anyone have a good recipe for low carb peanut butter fudge?? I have been making it with this recipe:

8 oz cream cheese
1 cup p.b.
1 cup butter
1/2 cup of splenda
1/2 tsp of vanilla

The first time I made this it tasted WAY too buttery and never set up right, (which was prob my fault b/c you really have to mix this stuff well and I got tired of mixing)...anyway my mom made me some with the same recipe and she actually took the time to mix it really well and it set up a lot better like fudge, however, it still had too much of a butter taste (not near as bad as mine though)...so i made it again last week and only used about 3/4 cup of butter which worked out well on the taste and texture, however, it never hardened up like fudge. I have to eat with a spoon.

Anyone have a diff recipe that is still low in carb that may work better? (This recipe i like b/c it has about 5 carbs per piece)

Have your tried looking in any of the low carb forum sites that are floating around out here in cyberspace? I'm thinking about joining one or two to get some of a better understanding on low-carbing and some more low-carb recipes.
Cindi in NC

T2 since 10/10/2009
1000 mgs metformin 2x daily
NovoLog 70/30 mix 28U am & pm
lisinopril 30mg 1x daily
simvastatin 20mg 1x daily
tricor 145mg 1x daily

Irene went away, Jose fizzled out, what will Katia do?

MCS

MCS

• Seniors
  • 4,637 posts
I have had pretty good luck with this recipe:

Easy Peanut butter Chocolate fudge
Made this up last night, real easy, real quick, and you can make as much or as little as you want.

Equal amounts of all of the following

Peanut Butter (I like crunchy)
Coconut Oil
Cocoa
Ground Flaxseed
Whole Flaxseed
Sweeten to taste

I microwaved the peanut butter and CO until melted then added the rest of the ingredients, placed in the freezer for a few minutes. I used Nutra Sweet and Sachrin mixed, would dare anyone to tell the difference between this and sugar laden fudge. I would think you could add any number of other dry ingredients your mind could think up.

8 oz cream cheese
1 cup p.b.
1 cup butter
1/2 cup of splenda
1/2 tsp of vanilla

---------------------------------
Asprin 2-6 325mg per day
Amino Acids, Vitamins Bx, C, D, E
Hi-Maize 260, Ground and Whole Flax Seed
COQ10, Magnesium, Zinc, Fish Oil, Lisinopril
A1C estimate of 10-12 at dxed 5.6, 4.8, 4.6
Everyone has something to offer, you just have to listen

Ela

Ela

• Seniors
  • 2,291 posts
  • I am a:Type 2

Made this up last night, real easy, real quick, and you can make as much or as little as you want.

Coconut Oil
Cocoa
Ground Flaxseed
Whole Flaxseed
Sweeten to taste

I microwaved the peanut butter and CO until melted then added the rest of the ingredients, placed in the freezer for a few minutes. I used Nutra Sweet and Sachrin mixed, would dare anyone to tell the difference between this and sugar laden fudge. I would think you could add any number of other dry ingredients your mind could think up.

Hey, MCS - I want to try this recipe (your recipes are always so good!) but I don't know the difference between Ground Flaxseed Whole Flaxseed. Does it mean you use actuall seeds? I have only Flaxseed meal at home, so would it work if I just use that? Thanks!

"In some ways, being a well-controlled diabetic is an ongoing science experiment" Scratch

Diagnosed 4/11 A1C=10.8
6/11 A1C = 7.8
8/11 A1C = 5.7
11/11 A1C=6.1
1/12 A1C = 6.2
5/12 A1C = 5.9 Finally!
8/12 A1C = 6.1 for NO REASON
12/12 A1C=5.5
4/13 A1C = 5.4
7/13 A1C = 5.8
2/14 A1C = 5.8

8/14 A1C = 5.6 Yay! Finally as expected!
LCHF diet. Metformin 500X2, Ramipril 2.5, Magnesium Citrate, Chromium Picolinate, Milk Thistle.

MCS

MCS

• Seniors
  • 4,637 posts
I used a combination of whole Flaxseed, (the actual seed) and ground Flaxseed, it gave it a bit more of a crunchy texture to the chocolate. I would think it would do fine with out the Flaxseed all together.

Hey, MCS - I want to try this recipe (your recipes are always so good!) but I don't know the difference between Ground Flaxseed Whole Flaxseed. Does it mean you use actuall seeds? I have only Flaxseed meal at home, so would it work if I just use that? Thanks!

Asprin 2-6 325mg per day

LCD

LCD

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Locationsmall rural town in Alaska
I go for as simple and easy as possible. All you need is a spoonful of peanut butter and your favorite s/f pudding. Place in a tin cup or on wax paper and freeze.

PB and chocolate=reeses, PB and Banana Cream=banana split. Next PB and Butterscotch=Carmel treat. Who said we can't eat dessets?

puzlnut

puzlnut

• Seniors
  • 706 posts
I despise peanut butter so is there an easy recipe that is number friendly for just plain fudge? Many thanks!!
Type 2
6/10/11 A1C = 9.8 FBG = 246
8/10/11 A1C = 6.4
11/18/11 A1c = 5.6 FBG = 101
4/24/12 A1C =5.8 FBG = 109

Metformin 1500 mg. ER /day
HCTZ , Trandalapril , Toprol ER
Vit. D, ALA, EPO, Biotin

______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Promise me you'll always remember---you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh

MCS

MCS

• Seniors
  • 4,637 posts
You can probably omit the peanut butter on this one.

Fudge with Walnuts and Flaxseed
This recipe made the most delicious fudge. It may have been a while since I had real fudge but I couldn't tell the difference between this and the real thing.

1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and heated slighty
1/4 cocoa
1 scoop of chocolate whey protein, (low carb, stevia sweetened)
1/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup of heavy cream
pinch of salt
1/4 cup of mixed whole flax seed and ground flax seed
1/4 cup of splenda

I was sure the coconut oil was warm enough to handle the addition of the ingredients with out solidifying on me.

I used a Dixe heavy duty paper plate to pour this out in. I brushed the surface with melted coconut oil and then layered the whole bottom with crushed walnuts. Poured the fudge mix over the walnuts and placed in the freezer. After it solidified I put it in the refrigerator. It was wonderfull, smooth, sweet, nutty.

I despise peanut butter so is there an easy recipe that is number friendly for just plain fudge? Many thanks!!

Asprin 2-6 325mg per day

puzlnut

puzlnut

• Seniors
  • 706 posts

You can probably omit the peanut butter on this one.

Fudge with Walnuts and Flaxseed
This recipe made the most delicious fudge. It may have been a while since I had real fudge but I couldn't tell the difference between this and the real thing.

1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and heated slighty
1/4 cocoa
1 scoop of chocolate whey protein, (low carb, stevia sweetened)
1/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup of heavy cream
pinch of salt
1/4 cup of mixed whole flax seed and ground flax seed
1/4 cup of splenda

I was sure the coconut oil was warm enough to handle the addition of the ingredients with out solidifying on me.

I used a Dixe heavy duty paper plate to pour this out in. I brushed the surface with melted coconut oil and then layered the whole bottom with crushed walnuts. Poured the fudge mix over the walnuts and placed in the freezer. After it solidified I put it in the refrigerator. It was wonderfull, smooth, sweet, nutty.

Thanks, MCS!! One quick question---is the cocoa 1/4 cup?? And I don't have whole flax seed but do have the flaxseed meal so I will try it with all meal and see what happens. Thanks again for posting this---I really appreciate it.
Type 2
8/10/11 A1C = 6.4

Vit. D, ALA, EPO, Biotin

______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Promise me you'll always remember---you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh

MCS

MCS

• Seniors
  • 4,637 posts
Yes a 1/4 cup, hope it turns out for you.
Asprin 2-6 325mg per day

puzlnut

puzlnut

• Seniors
  • 706 posts
Thanks, MCS! Will make this tomorrow after I pick up the chocolate whey protein. Now, to find it. :)
Type 2
8/10/11 A1C = 6.4

Vit. D, ALA, EPO, Biotin

PINK

PINK

• Seniors
  • 776 posts
Chocolate whey protein powder can be found at almost any big gym and many regular grocery stores. I keep it on hand for chocolate low carb 'shakes' around my gym time.

Here is a recipe I ripped from some low-carb website. The notes at the bottom were written by other members. It hasn't been tested in my kitchen yet but it got really good reviews so it is probably from low-carb friends.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Candy
Chocolate Peanut Fudge

2 c. Splenda
3 tbs SF cocoa
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c.heavy cream or 1/2n1/2
1/4 c. water 1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. SF peanut butter
2-3 c. SF coconut

1.Mix Splenda, cocoa, butter, cream & water in sauce pan. Stirring constantly bring to rolling boil for 1 min.

2. Remove from heat. add peanut butter & vanilla until melted. Stir in enough coconut until most of chocolate mixture is absorbed.

3. Spread into PAM sprayed pan. Chill 2-3 hours. less than 10 min. to make

18 pcs.
one pc= 4.5 carbs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Easy and quick!
comments: This tastes just like real fudge, except with coconut. I added a little coconut oil to give it that "almond joy" taste and it came out very tasty.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I cut the recipe in half except for the cocoa and dropped it on wax paper like no-bake cookies. I also used 1/2 coconut and 1/2 chopped pecans. DH will be so surprised for VD!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a good coconut candy for those who really miss mounds or almond joys. I might add some chopped almonds next time.

I used a combination of Torani vanilla, chocolate and Z Sweet (Erythritol) to sweeten it. I poured into an 8x8 pan and cut it into 36 pieces, coming in at about 1 carb per piece.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I missed the old sugary no-bake cookies and these have the healthy yummy chewy coconut that I just adore. You won't even miss the oatmeal either! :P

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!

Lantus 19 U PM started 5/25/11 and now Novolog. 1:13~ Low. Carb. Life Choice is -under 100g- and I exercise every day.
Dxed 2009 A1c=6.5/~Symptoms started at a very young age/ 8/10 C-peptide 1.1, fasting bg that day was 117, goodchol. is up, bad is down.
A1C --6.7 July 2010....A1C~~ 6.5 Mar 25 2011, May 22 6.8 (time for 'Slin) My galloping heart slows me down.
http://pix.ie/inthepink/album/410126

Subby

Subby

• Seniors
  • 10,158 posts

Coconut Oil
Cocoa
Ground Flaxseed
Whole Flaxseed
Sweeten to taste

Tried this and it worked well. Granted I am not a connoisseur of fudge, we barely know what it is around here. I agree that the flax added the right amount of crunch. I didn't take much notice of how much sweetener I put in (stevia/erithritol/splendor and a touch of sugar) but I sweetened to taste. Interestingly, when it had set it seemed quite a bit less sweet. Next time, I'm going to oversweeten the mixture a little and probably have a bigger degree of PB.
20 years T1. NPH and Novorapid.
Some essentials for my blood sugar control: dosing via i:c ratio and cf • basal testing when needed • daily 40 minutes moderate exercise (or close) • carbs somewhere below 120g currently • only eating carbs and carb/fat combos that do not cause a problem spike, with or without insulin.

Hooterville

Hooterville

Hey, I like you!

• Seniors
  • 5,941 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Chocolate whey protein powder can be found at almost any big gym and many regular grocery stores. I keep it on hand for chocolate low carb 'shakes' around my gym time.

Here is a recipe I ripped from some low-carb website. The notes at the bottom were written by other members. It hasn't been tested in my kitchen yet but it got really good reviews so it is probably from low-carb friends.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Candy
Chocolate Peanut Fudge

2 c. Splenda
3 tbs SF cocoa
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c.heavy cream or 1/2n1/2
1/4 c. water 1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. SF peanut butter
2-3 c. SF coconut

1.Mix Splenda, cocoa, butter, cream & water in sauce pan. Stirring constantly bring to rolling boil for 1 min.

2. Remove from heat. add peanut butter & vanilla until melted. Stir in enough coconut until most of chocolate mixture is absorbed.

3. Spread into PAM sprayed pan. Chill 2-3 hours. less than 10 min. to make

18 pcs.
one pc= 4.5 carbs
Easy and quick!
comments: This tastes just like real fudge, except with coconut. I added a little coconut oil to give it that "almond joy" taste and it came out very tasty.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I cut the recipe in half except for the cocoa and dropped it on wax paper like no-bake cookies. I also used 1/2 coconut and 1/2 chopped pecans. DH will be so surprised for VD!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a good coconut candy for those who really miss mounds or almond joys. I might add some chopped almonds next time.

I used a combination of Torani vanilla, chocolate and Z Sweet (Erythritol) to sweeten it. I poured into an 8x8 pan and cut it into 36 pieces, coming in at about 1 carb per piece.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I missed the old sugary no-bake cookies and these have the healthy yummy chewy coconut that I just adore. You won't even miss the oatmeal either! :P

I made this tonight with a few adjustments. I didn't want the entire recipe to contain shredded coconut so I didn't add any to the chocolate. I made and assortment of chocolates in a 12 section mini muffin pan. In the 12 muffin cups I added the following four ingredients before placing the fudgy chocolate in the muffin cups:

Whole toasted pecans in three cups
Sliced toasted almonds in three cups
Flaked toasted coconut in three cups
Last is peanut butter. Add a thin layer of fudge first then a thin layer of peanut butter then another layer of fudge to make a peanut butter cup :)

After having all the following ingredients to the muffin cups, start spooning fudge misture on top. When all the cups have fudge on top, use a thin knife to gently stir to allow fudge to make its way through the various nuts. Except don't stir the peanut butter cup variety. You want layers there. after stirring, you may still have some fudge and space in the cups. Use the remaining fudge to fill the cups to the top.

A few tips. Do not over cook. I found that a rapid boil for 1 minute was too much and the recipe broke or separated. I was able to correct it by adding a little more 1/2 & 1/2. Just previous to breaking, I'd seen a perfect consistency. In fact, I wouldn't boil at all. Just cook and stir until you see a smooth consistency and stop!

Next time I will double the recipe and make 24 cups as this was so successful this time. I'd skip the coconut next time and I'd use whole toasted almonds instead of sliced almonds but sliced was what I had on hand this time. Pecans were fab! Peanut butter cups were fab!

I sliced the cups in 1/4 as I wanted to try all 4 varieties. I'd do it anyway because 1 whole cup is too big. I like the size of 1/4 cup.

Next time I may add more cocoa powder. At any rate, I was very pleasantly surprised by the texture. Nice and smooth.

Enjoy :)

Hooterville

Hooterville

Hey, I like you!

• Seniors
  • 5,941 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
bump...............

A1c's: 1/11 9.4 ~ 3/11 7.9 ~ 6/11 7.8 ~ 7/11 7.6 ~ 10/11 7.5 ~ 12/11 6.4 ~ 3/12 5.9 ~ 6/12 5.4 ~ 9/12 5.4 ~ 12/12 5.3 ~ 3/13 5.1 ~ 8/13 5.5 ~ 10/13 5.4
Meds: 30 units Lantus - 2,550 mg Metformin
Diet: LCHF ketogenic, 30 to 40 carbs, dabbling in Paleo
Exercise: Lifting, walking, stair climbing
Weight Loss: 100.5 Pounds

She turned her can'ts in to cans and her dreams in to plans.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users