- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Jenny868

Jenny868

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Hey all, lately as of the last few days I have developed this weird eye pressure behind the left eye and a headache like feeling on the same side. It intensifies when I bend down to pick something up or basically when blood rushes to my head when I'm doing things. I thought this was kind of weird. I had my eyes checked out my first trimester and I'm now in my second trimester. My blood pressure and A1Cs have been perfect and stable.....not sure what to think of this. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Thanks

Jenny:confused:

e||ement

e||ement

• Seniors
  • 1,362 posts
I don't have an answer but it could be a migraine? I have a friend who only gets migraines behind her eyes...
My other thought is that it might be a sinus infection? I get a similar feeling with a sinus infection and it HURTS and does intensify with different positions...
Might be worth a trip to the doc...hope you get it figured out and are feeling better soon!
...|ashley|....
Now pumping with a Ping!

jwags

jwags

• Seniors
  • 7,242 posts
  • I am a:Type 2
I have had similar things happen to me when I do yoga or sun salutations where there is a lot of bending and standing up. My BP and BG's are fine but it seems I tend to get dizzy fairly easy when I bend. I'm not sure what the cause or if it is diabetes related. I know some long time diabetics suffer from something called autonomic neuropathy which causes similar symptoms.

metformin 2550 mg
Moderate carb diet 40-75 carbs a day
3 T of Coconut Oil daily

Vit D, CoQ10, Melatonin, Multi vitamin, zinc, B 12
Chia Seeds , Flaxseeds, fish oil, biotin, occuvite and zinc

Exercise- Tennis - 2 hours/week, Power Walking- 2-4 miles most days, Hiking in the summer on trails and in the mountains

diagnosed Feb 2007
Age 64

andypoo

andypoo

• Seniors
  • 1,865 posts
I was going to say,when I was 6 months pg with my daughter ,I got a severe migraine headache,which put me in bed. They are behind one eye and on one side of your head and they incapacitate you. I'm sure it has something to do with the pregnancy ,maybe a blood pressure thing. It could be that maybe the baby is in such a position to cause the pinching of certain nerves.,which radiate to the head and eyes. It wouldn't hurt to check with the doctor. How far along are you? When I had mine,I was in bed for two days, I didn't go to the doctor,maybe I should've,in any case it subsided in two days and after that I was fine and had a healthy baby girl two months later(a month premature) a planned caeserean, later on. Good luck,and I just know you'll be ok.
Difficulties present choices:
we can either waste away from
our wounds or use them to grow our souls

The balance is,as always,delicate
We are constantly falling off one side are the other.
But the center is always there,waiting for us to discover it.

"Before you know kindness / as the deepest thing inside, / you must know sorrow / as the other deepest thing…. / Then it is only kindness / that makes sense anymore…."

aiah23

aiah23

• Seniors
  • 1,748 posts
Do you have any swelling at this point or have you had protein in your urine at all? This can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia which is why I ask and you should call both your OB and your perinatologist and let them know you're experiencing this.

Fawn
Novolog and Levemir, MDI
Sleep deprived first time mommy working full time! :eek:
A1C: 6.7 as of 04/28/12

andypoo

andypoo

• Seniors
  • 1,865 posts
I had preclampsia with my first pregnancy but none of the headaches

"Before you know kindness / as the deepest thing inside, / you must know sorrow / as the other deepest thing…. / Then it is only kindness / that makes sense anymore…."

Jan B

Jan B

• Seniors
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas
  • I am a:Type 1
I agree with letting the appropriate doctor know. I just wanted to add that I do experience those "eye headaches" once in a while, but have never made any connections to why they happen.

Best of luck.
Jan

Type 1 since 1979
Diagnosed at age 18

Jenny868

Jenny868

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I have been on the phone all morning trying to contact the right person and be seen where I am suppose to be. Back and forth between my OB Dr and my Endocrinologist, triage nurses etc.. Oh what fun. But after all is said and done this afternoon I am being seen by my family practice Dr. My blood pressure was slightly elevated, so they were thinking that it had something to do with my blood pressure medicine, maybe an increase is necessary? I'm 20 weeks pregnant so they thought that it was too early for the preaclampsia, but I guess we'll wait and see. No vision changes, no fever and they are thinking it's not a sinus infection. Only time will tell, and hopefully this will all be behind me soon. I have had a perfect pregnancy up until this point so this is really bumming me out but I'm sure all will be fine. Thank you again for all your comments, suggestions and ideas, I really appreciate it!

Jenny

aiah23

aiah23

• Seniors
  • 1,748 posts

I have been on the phone all morning trying to contact the right person and be seen where I am suppose to be. Back and forth between my OB Dr and my Endocrinologist, triage nurses etc.. Oh what fun. But after all is said and done this afternoon I am being seen by my family practice Dr. My blood pressure was slightly elevated, so they were thinking that it had something to do with my blood pressure medicine, maybe an increase is necessary? I'm 20 weeks pregnant so they thought that it was too early for the preaclampsia, but I guess we'll wait and see. No vision changes, no fever and they are thinking it's not a sinus infection. Only time will tell, and hopefully this will all be behind me soon. I have had a perfect pregnancy up until this point so this is really bumming me out but I'm sure all will be fine. Thank you again for all your comments, suggestions and ideas, I really appreciate it!

Jenny

I experienced a similar need in increase for blood pressure meds around the same time. Don't sweat it just continue to stay hydrated, etc (otherwise protein will show up in your urine and you're more likely to experience swelling). Since you're already on BP meds they'll be closely monitoring you for pre-eclampsia whether this is a first pregnancy or not and that's okay. You're more likely to experience it in your 3rd trimester but I had problems as early as 24 weeks.

Fawn
Novolog and Levemir, MDI
Sleep deprived first time mommy working full time! :eek:
A1C: 6.7 as of 04/28/12

Jenny868

Jenny868

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
So it ended up that I was experiencing fluid in my ears due to just recovering from a 2 week cold. I was also experiencing vertigo. My blood pressure was 112/70 so that looked normal. I had all my blood work drawn for my kidney doctor and everything was in range. I am doing my second 24 hour urine test to recheck for protein, last time it was quite high, which it usually is. I'm feeling better today and hope it doesn't get bad again. I meet with my ob tomorrow and my kidney doctor in a couple weeks. Between all these appointments I feel like I not only work at the hospital but live there too! And from the sounds of it it is going to get worse. Oh well, I feel great, can't complain and everything is going as planned. My OB said since everything is going so well that she wants me to continue with my pregnancy until week 39/40! Yey. Thank God! I hope you all are doing well!

Jenny

andypoo

andypoo

• Seniors
  • 1,865 posts
I'm so glad you are doing well, I know it may seem to you like you're not but this is the best thing you can do is see your doctors at this time. This way you know you are getting the best care to see you through until you have your beautiful,healthy baby.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users