Photo

Laser eye surgery after effects

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

scottrod13

scottrod13

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So Ive had laser eye surgery twice now, once in each eye, and my vision is all of a sudden blurry and very sensitive to light. I can get by with reading glasses, but it has me worried. The doctor said it should clear up in a couple of weeks. Has anyone else experienced this after laser surgery for diabetic retinopathy? Please let me know so I can put my mind at ease. Thanks...Scott:eek:

xMenace

xMenace

• Seniors
  • 11,148 posts
What kind of retinopathy? Edema and proliferative retinopathy are very different treatments.

Edema will clear once the fluid buildup dissipates.

Pan-retinal photocoagulation for proliferative - not sure why it gets better, if it does. It might be a brain adjustment thing; because the damage is permanent. Are your eyes still dilated? I'm having a hard time remembering what it was like in the days after. That was 18 years ago.

Some remain sensitive to light and cannot drive after dark.
Mine are somewhat sensitive, but I can drive fine. Real dark, wet nights I generally don't.
Depth perception will be impacted. I have a very hard time catching a baseball, and I have trouble hitting tennis balls. But I can knock a hockey puck out of the air fine with my stick.

Back on MDI and doing well. A1C 6.2, one major hypo in past 6m; a few highs; lots of shots. Diagnosed Oct 19th, 1975.
HDL-101; LDL-64; TG-36; TOT-172

aiah23

aiah23

• Seniors
  • 1,748 posts
I experienced the light sensitivity after laser surgeries for 'floaters'. It did clear up after a couple of weeks. What didn't clear up, that feeling like my eyes are always super dry. I will never wear contacts again b/c of that.

Fawn
Novolog and Levemir, MDI
Sleep deprived first time mommy working full time! :eek:
A1C: 6.7 as of 04/28/12

scottrod13

scottrod13

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It is proliferative retinopathy. I had my last laser treatment done on the 17th of this month and the one before was on the 8th. I guess it kind of feels like my eyes are still dilated. When I did the eye chart both times before my surgeries they said I had 20/20 vision. So, Im hoping this just goes away.