- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

scottrod13

scottrod13

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So Ive had laser eye surgery twice now, once in each eye, and my vision is all of a sudden blurry and very sensitive to light. I can get by with reading glasses, but it has me worried. The doctor said it should clear up in a couple of weeks. Has anyone else experienced this after laser surgery for diabetic retinopathy? Please let me know so I can put my mind at ease. Thanks...Scott:eek:

xMenace

xMenace

• Seniors
  • 11,118 posts
What kind of retinopathy? Edema and proliferative retinopathy are very different treatments.

Edema will clear once the fluid buildup dissipates.

Pan-retinal photocoagulation for proliferative - not sure why it gets better, if it does. It might be a brain adjustment thing; because the damage is permanent. Are your eyes still dilated? I'm having a hard time remembering what it was like in the days after. That was 18 years ago.

Some remain sensitive to light and cannot drive after dark.
Mine are somewhat sensitive, but I can drive fine. Real dark, wet nights I generally don't.
Depth perception will be impacted. I have a very hard time catching a baseball, and I have trouble hitting tennis balls. But I can knock a hockey puck out of the air fine with my stick.

Virginia Woolf: “Consider how common illness is, how tremendous the spiritual change that it brings, how astonishing, when the lights of health go down, the undiscovered countries that are then disclosed, what wastes and deserts of the soul a slight attack of influenza brings to view, what precipices and lawns sprinkled with bright flowers a little rise of temperature reveals, what ancient and obdurate oaks are uprooted in us by the act of sickness, how we go down in the pit of death and feel the waters of annihilation close above our heads and wake thinking to find ourselves in the presence of the angels and the harpers when we have a tooth out and come to the surface in the dentist's arm-chair and confuse his "Rinse the mouth-rinse the mouth" with the greeting of the Deity stooping from the floor of Heaven to welcome us - when we think of this, as we are so frequently forced to think of it, it becomes strange indeed that illness has not taken its place with love and battle and jealousy among the prime themes of literature”
Back on MDI and doing well. Trying Victoza and loving it. A1C 6.0, no major hypos; a few highs; lots of shots. Diagnosed Oct 19th, 1975.
HDL-101; LDL-64; TG-36; TOT-172

aiah23

aiah23

• Seniors
  • 1,748 posts
I experienced the light sensitivity after laser surgeries for 'floaters'. It did clear up after a couple of weeks. What didn't clear up, that feeling like my eyes are always super dry. I will never wear contacts again b/c of that.

Fawn
Novolog and Levemir, MDI
Sleep deprived first time mommy working full time! :eek:
A1C: 6.7 as of 04/28/12

scottrod13

scottrod13

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It is proliferative retinopathy. I had my last laser treatment done on the 17th of this month and the one before was on the 8th. I guess it kind of feels like my eyes are still dilated. When I did the eye chart both times before my surgeries they said I had 20/20 vision. So, Im hoping this just goes away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users