• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

djbore-c

djbore-c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I am getting this error,so I can not monitor my glucose,because of this error.
In manual it says:
"The code chip is from expired lot of test strips. Ensure the code chip numbers matches the code number on the test strip container. Remove the code chip and enter the set-up mode to ensure time and date in the meter are correct."

So I opened brand new box of strips , inserted brand new code chip and it is same E-5 error. On box it says exp date 2013...

I checked date like 10 times and it is correct.

Everything started to happening when it indacted low battery , I started getting different errors from e1 to e10 ,once I changed batteries I am getting still this e-5 error...

Accu-Chek is ****, but insurance company will not pay me for other.

Anyone experienced same problem?

Bountyman

Bountyman

SeƱor Member

• 500 plus
  • 4,981 posts
  • Location95965
  • I am a:Type 2
Accu-Chek makes a good product. There's always the possibility that something has become locked due to the battery situation. I'm not familiar with this particular model as they don't sell them in the USA...but were it my problem I'd just flip the meter over and call the number on the back and have them walk you through this. If they find that the meter is faulty, they'll send you a new one and a self-addressed, stamped envelope/container to send them the one you have now.

Biggles2

Biggles2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
djbore-c, Bountyman has it correct. I just joined this forum because of your exact same error. Just off the phone to the helpline and they are sending me a brand new Accu-Chek Performa Nano. I'm a T-2 in Australia and the helpline is 1800 251 816.
Cheers

patricia52

patricia52

• 500 plus
  • 2,513 posts
Yes, the people at Accu-Chek are awesome. I called them one morning when I could not find my meter and test strips. She overnighted me a new meter and a box of strips to replace the one I lost.
Patricia

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Lantus
Apidra
Diet & Exercise
Most recent A1C 5.6

glucosegirl

glucosegirl

• 500 plus
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
If your insurance will only pay for AccuChek, get the AccuChek Mobile meter as it does not take code chips. I have one and it is very good. I used to use the Nano but never experienced the problem you are describing. It did have other problems though so I called AccuChek and they sent me a new one.

GeneralCustard

GeneralCustard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Getting a new meter should I NOT get an accu-chek? I keep seeing forums like this where people are having problems with their meters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users