- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6536 replies to this topic

TeddySue

TeddySue

SENIOR MEMBER!

• Seniors
  • 4,096 posts
I feel so all alone... women in our church are all overweight and we have a pot-luck every Sunday night. I sit and watch others make a pig of themselves, push their chairs away, rub their bellies and burp.
If others are on a diet here, to lose weight, would you like to do it with me? You know, sorta have someone to share the journey with?
I was going to start a program at church but I figure it wouldn't work since they think they have no reason to lose weight. I had a program at one time, in this very church; 10 years ago where I lost 90 pounds. It was very stressful.They lost between 10 and 20 pounds and hated me...
Maybe just a thread that tells how we are doing along the way. Maybe not.
TS

DX 2000
LOW Carb Weight Loss Adventure
Exercise: Every Day! YOGA stretches!
24 Units Lantus in the morning
Insulin Only
1 aspirin
80mg Atoravastatin
50mg Atenalol
100mg Losartan (plus 12.5mg diuretic)
Warfarin
Vitamin D 1,000 mg. daily
Calcium 1000 mg. daily
Magnesium (MagOx 400) 482.5 mgs
Potassium
64 Y.O.
HONESTY: Have lost 100 pounds...
Gained 26 pounds
Started March 24, 2012 at 322.5 pounds
NEW! NEW! A1c is 5.4!

Jan74br

Jan74br

• Seniors
  • 843 posts
I'm planning to try to lose weight soon, but not right now, cause I'm still focused on stabilizing my diabetes first. But maybe I'll join you in a few weeks.

daniela1219

daniela1219

• Members
  • 280 posts
I will be more than happy to join you! I want to lose 10 more lbs.

TeddySue

TeddySue

SENIOR MEMBER!

• Seniors
  • 4,096 posts

YAY! I assume you have been losing weight? How many calories are you eating a day? I find low carb goes along with dieting to lose weight. I've lost 34 pounds in almost 3 months and am very happy about this. When you lose your last 10 pounds, what is the first item of clothes you are going to buy? I used to lose weight and then get rid of all the big clothes and buy smaller ones. Not now... I have a few I bought on eBay that will take me through the next 34 pounds and then I'll go back to eBay and get a few to tide me over till the next weight loss. This time, I won't be mourning giving away my big clothes. Thank you for joining me.
TS

DX 2000
Insulin Only
1 aspirin
80mg Atoravastatin
50mg Atenalol
Warfarin
Calcium 1000 mg. daily
Potassium
64 Y.O.
Gained 26 pounds
NEW! NEW! A1c is 5.4!

TeddySue

TeddySue

SENIOR MEMBER!

• Seniors
  • 4,096 posts

I'm planning to try to lose weight soon, but not right now, cause I'm still focused on stabilizing my diabetes first. But maybe I'll join you in a few weeks.

YAY! I really have lost weight right along side of lowering my BG with insulin. Have you been working long to stabilize your BG? How are your morning numbers? It will be very nice to have you join me in a few weeks. I pray you get stabilized soon.
TS

DX 2000
Insulin Only
1 aspirin
80mg Atoravastatin
50mg Atenalol
Warfarin
Calcium 1000 mg. daily
Potassium
64 Y.O.
Gained 26 pounds
NEW! NEW! A1c is 5.4!

mom24grlz

mom24grlz

• Seniors
  • 732 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • I am a:Parent
I'll join you! I've been losing weight since January but kind of stalled around Easter and can't seem to get over the hump. So far I've lost 20lbs (give or take 2 pounds I seem to fluctuate between 18-22 lbs weight loss). I'd like to lose about 15-20lbs more.

TeddySue

TeddySue

SENIOR MEMBER!

• Seniors
  • 4,096 posts

I'll join you! I've been losing weight since January but kind of stalled around Easter and can't seem to get over the hump. So far I've lost 20lbs (give or take 2 pounds I seem to fluctuate between 18-22 lbs weight loss). I'd like to lose about 15-20lbs more.

YAY! This will be so much better than me by myself. Good for you and your weight loss. What do you know about too few calories putting your body into starvation mode and hanging onto the weight? I do 1000 calories a day and just maybe that might happen to me. I'm still losing so it hasn't happened yet. Thank you for joining us.
TS

DX 2000
Insulin Only
1 aspirin
80mg Atoravastatin
50mg Atenalol
Warfarin
Calcium 1000 mg. daily
Potassium
64 Y.O.
Gained 26 pounds
NEW! NEW! A1c is 5.4!

mom24grlz

mom24grlz

• Seniors
  • 732 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • I am a:Parent

YAY! This will be so much better than me by myself. Good for you and your weight loss. What do you know about too few calories putting your body into starvation mode and hanging onto the weight? I do 1000 calories a day and just maybe that might happen to me. I'm still losing so it hasn't happened yet. Thank you for joining us.
TS

I've heard about that. Where if you dont' eat enough your body will hold onto the fat. I was doing so well counting calories but i started slacking but i need to get back to it. I was eating a little over 1000 calories. I was using this website Lose It! - Succeed at weight loss with Lose It! which I really liked. Gotta go back there.

Jan74br

Jan74br

• Seniors
  • 843 posts

YAY! I really have lost weight right along side of lowering my BG with insulin. Have you been working long to stabilize your BG? How are your morning numbers? It will be very nice to have you join me in a few weeks. I pray you get stabilized soon.
TS

Thanks! I had gotten my BGs estabilized, but I was started on metformin, and now the metformin is lowering my insulin requirements, so it has been a week of hypos and rebounds for me.

Today I got a 102 in the morning, so it is getting back there. I was having night hypos and then waking up in the 120s.

If I lose some weight, my CDE can get off my back about my weight, hahah. Today I'm also resuming exercise in a formal way, so I hope that helps.

TeddySue

TeddySue

SENIOR MEMBER!

• Seniors
  • 4,096 posts

Thanks! I had gotten my BGs estabilized, but I was started on metformin, and now the metformin is lowering my insulin requirements, so it has been a week of hypos and rebounds for me.
Today I got a 102 in the morning, so it is getting back there. I was having night hypos and then waking up in the 120s.
If I lose some weight, my CDE can get off my back about my weight, hahah. Today I'm also resuming exercise in a formal way, so I hope that helps.

I went through the week of hypos, too. I remember the first time and I got up from bed and searched for food; didn't have a right-mind to even choose the right food to lower it. Just this morning I had a 96 and that was after taking 25 units of insulin last night. I was taking too much insulin and was working my way down. I don't think my doctor would like that, but I was determined to take control. I had just gone off Glipizide.
Does the Metformin help with your appetite? It did for me 12 years ago when I was taking it.
Did the doctor think you were taking too much insulin? Is that why you went on Metformin? I think no two doctors think alike.

What exercise are you doing? I do the treadmill because I'm too lazy to go anywhere; can't go walkin in the sun because of my other meds.

Let me know how it goes today. Nice to meet someone who knows what I'm going through. Hope we can help each other. Especially with the weight. I feel I have to almost starve to lose it. Yesterday I ate 1200 calories for the first time in almost 3 months. Read somewhere that the body could hang onto weight if it feels starved. Oh well...
Later.
TS

DX 2000
Insulin Only
1 aspirin
80mg Atoravastatin
50mg Atenalol
Warfarin
Calcium 1000 mg. daily
Potassium
64 Y.O.
Gained 26 pounds
NEW! NEW! A1c is 5.4!

Jan74br

Jan74br

• Seniors
  • 843 posts

I went through the week of hypos, too. I remember the first time and I got up from bed and searched for food; didn't have a right-mind to even choose the right food to lower it. Just this morning I had a 96 and that was after taking 25 units of insulin last night. I was taking too much insulin and was working my way down. I don't think my doctor would like that, but I was determined to take control. I had just gone off Glipizide.
Does the Metformin help with your appetite? It did for me 12 years ago when I was taking it.
Did the doctor think you were taking too much insulin? Is that why you went on Metformin? I think no two doctors think alike.

What exercise are you doing? I do the treadmill because I'm too lazy to go anywhere; can't go walkin in the sun because of my other meds.

Let me know how it goes today. Nice to meet someone who knows what I'm going through. Hope we can help each other. Especially with the weight. I feel I have to almost starve to lose it. Yesterday I ate 1200 calories for the first time in almost 3 months. Read somewhere that the body could hang onto weight if it feels starved. Oh well...
Later.
TS

Yep. Too much insulin with still very high BGs + my BMI being over 25 were the factors to diagnose insulin resistance. Oh, and the fact everyone in my family has T2 helped, as well.

Metformin hasn't really made me eat less, but it has turned me off food and cravings. I have no cravings. I eat cause it is time to eat, but I no longer actually care what I eat.

I was only walking for the past month, cause it had been my vacation. I'll go back to weight training as well today. Hope not to have any exercise lows. Fingers crossed!

When I lost 100lb, many years ago, before D, I found that varying my calorie levels worked better than sticking to an exact amount everyday. So if you eat 1,200 today, 1,400 tomorrow, then 1,200 again, then 1,300, it seems to "trick" the body better than if you say "I'll eat exactly 1,200 everyday".

TeddySue

TeddySue

SENIOR MEMBER!

• Seniors
  • 4,096 posts

I've heard about that. Where if you dont' eat enough your body will hold onto the fat. I was doing so well counting calories but i started slacking but i need to get back to it. I was eating a little over 1000 calories. I was using this website Lose It! - Succeed at weight loss with Lose It! which I really liked. Gotta go back there.

I believe it matters that we begin again each time we slack off some. I used to think that if I ate too much then it was all over but the crying, and then gain the weight back. This time, I just start again. My worst "cheating" was about two months ago when I ate 5 glazed donuts... YEP! I did just that. And I keep remember how they tasted, which was good, but then I decide that i don't want to do that again. Somehow I didn't gain weight and my BG didn't do too much either. I was just lucky.

I'm going to go check out your website right now. Thanks for letting me know about it. I am one who truly believes that I can only lose weight on 1000 calories a day. It's my OCD, I either eat too much or not enough. In the middle is too slow. But the thinking is right so I do believe it will stay off this time. OFF to the website!
Later
TS

DX 2000
Insulin Only
1 aspirin
80mg Atoravastatin
50mg Atenalol
Warfarin
Calcium 1000 mg. daily
Potassium
64 Y.O.
Gained 26 pounds
NEW! NEW! A1c is 5.4!

TeddySue

TeddySue

SENIOR MEMBER!

• Seniors
  • 4,096 posts

Yep. Too much insulin with still very high BGs + my BMI being over 25 were the factors to diagnose insulin resistance. Oh, and the fact everyone in my family has T2 helped, as well.

Metformin hasn't really made me eat less, but it has turned me off food and cravings. I have no cravings. I eat cause it is time to eat, but I no longer actually care what I eat.

I was only walking for the past month, cause it had been my vacation. I'll go back to weight training as well today. Hope not to have any exercise lows. Fingers crossed!

When I lost 100lb, many years ago, before D, I found that varying my calorie levels worked better than sticking to an exact amount everyday. So if you eat 1,200 today, 1,400 tomorrow, then 1,200 again, then 1,300, it seems to "trick" the body better than if you say "I'll eat exactly 1,200 everyday".

WOW! This is so interesting to me! Thanks for joining us here and adding to the journey. I was getting bored; need to focus on weight control.
I am definitely going to do the calories bouncing. Yesterday I did 1200 calories as apposed to the regular 1000. Get unstuck and moving forward. My problem is that I'm lazy. That treadmill stands in there, big as an elephant and I can look past it. It's by the tv so there IS something to do while walking. Just need to do it.
10 years ago I lost 90 pounds with some women at our church... but then I realized it didn't make my husband see me any better and I just gained it all back, plus more. I have to do this for ME! With a house full of kids it was always about them, and now it has to be for me. No hubby to hold me back. But for me, that's a good thing.
My sons does fitness training and can tell me what to do and what not to do. Just imagine this ole woman (62) lifting weights... next day I was so sore I thought, this is crazy. But I am going to try again, this time going easy on my ole body. And isn't it interesting that food becomes NOT the only thing on our mind? I used to eat and then think about how many hours it was till I could eat again. UGH!
Thanks ! This was so informative. Keep us posted.
TS

DX 2000
Insulin Only
1 aspirin
80mg Atoravastatin
50mg Atenalol
Warfarin
Calcium 1000 mg. daily
Potassium
64 Y.O.
Gained 26 pounds
NEW! NEW! A1c is 5.4!

daniela1219

daniela1219

• Members
  • 280 posts

YAY! I assume you have been losing weight? How many calories are you eating a day? I find low carb goes along with dieting to lose weight. I've lost 34 pounds in almost 3 months and am very happy about this. When you lose your last 10 pounds, what is the first item of clothes you are going to buy? I used to lose weight and then get rid of all the big clothes and buy smaller ones. Not now... I have a few I bought on eBay that will take me through the next 34 pounds and then I'll go back to eBay and get a few to tide me over till the next weight loss. This time, I won't be mourning giving away my big clothes. Thank you for joining me.
TS

Yes, I've been losing weight. I've lost around 10 lbs so far. went from 125 lbs to 115, but I still want to lose 10 more. To be honest, I don't count calories, but I do count carbs. I was trying to eat less than 40 g carbs, but now I'm eating a bit more because I'm exercising and really need more carbs to keep me from going hypo.
What are you doing to lose weight? Are you low carbing? Exercising?

TeddySue

TeddySue

SENIOR MEMBER!

• Seniors
  • 4,096 posts

Well, today is a new beginning and I promise to walk on that treadmill today. I think I need to do it daily to get the habit. Wish it was an easier habit, like chocolate. YIKES! Let me know what your plans are for today and what exercise you are doing. I like to do mine all inside; not crazy about the hot sun and humidity. Finally turned on the AC since the older boys are home working for the summer and they can help pay the bill. YAY! Have you ever gone to the website: Lose It! - Succeed at weight loss with Lose It! I am headed there right now. Let me know what you think of it.
Later.
TS

DX 2000
Insulin Only
1 aspirin
80mg Atoravastatin
50mg Atenalol
Warfarin
Calcium 1000 mg. daily
Potassium
64 Y.O.
Gained 26 pounds
NEW! NEW! A1c is 5.4!

avsje

avsje

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes, Yes ...!

I want to join you and lose weight! How would we do it? Should we just talk and post what we are doing and if we lose any weight that week? Are you going to open up a new thread for those who want to join you?

No matter how you decide to do it, count me in. Yes, I need to lose weight, but I don't have a treadmill, I have a stationary bike. Will that work? What are your thoughts on a treadmill vs. a stationary bike?

TeddySue

TeddySue

SENIOR MEMBER!

• Seniors
  • 4,096 posts

Yes, I've been losing weight. I've lost around 10 lbs so far. went from 125 lbs to 115, but I still want to lose 10 more. To be honest, I don't count calories, but I do count carbs. I was trying to eat less than 40 g carbs, but now I'm eating a bit more because I'm exercising and really need more carbs to keep me from going hypo.
What are you doing to lose weight? Are you low carbing? Exercising?

In March I started using insulin and made the decision the food AND the out of control diabetes had to be controlled. I went to the classes and didn't learn much so I came here. I eat 30 carbs a day and it totally took my voracious appetite and made me to where I don't even think about food. WHAT a change! I'm sooo hacky. (happy) I bought a nice big Nordick Track treadmill and have yet to fall in love with it; but today, with people holding me accountable, I will begin my fight to overcome my sedentary life. I eat LOW carb and LOW calories to lose weight and just went over to LOSE IT.com and it is WONDERFUL over there for me! I have been writing every bite, every carb, every bit of exercise, and BG numbers down in a notebook. This place shows it all for you. I kinda like the formality that is simple. I've lost 34 pounds and have 118 to go. I gained 100 pounds when my husband left 6 years ago. Sad, huh... Oh well, it's over and I must go on. I have kids counting on me. I have 7 and 5 are home for the summer before going back to college. I have 3 at home all the time: 2/13 year olds. Puberty and senility can get tense. LOL
Let me know what you think of Lose It.com. Thank you! I hope and pray your 10 pounds comes off and stays off. You must be built like my youngest daughter. She weighs 90 pounds soaking wet and can run on that treadmill without dropping a drop of sweat. I walk for 30 minutes and call it good. I'm still not strong after having pneumonia and a blood clot. But I'm still alive and determined to lick this thing one way or another. I am so glad you have joined us.
Later.
TS

DX 2000
Insulin Only
1 aspirin
80mg Atoravastatin
50mg Atenalol
Warfarin
Calcium 1000 mg. daily
Potassium
64 Y.O.
Gained 26 pounds
NEW! NEW! A1c is 5.4!

TeddySue

TeddySue

SENIOR MEMBER!

• Seniors
  • 4,096 posts

Yes, Yes ...!

I want to join you and lose weight! How would we do it? Should we just talk and post what we are doing and if we lose any weight that week? Are you going to open up a new thread for those who want to join you?

No matter how you decide to do it, count me in. Yes, I need to lose weight, but I don't have a treadmill, I have a stationary bike. Will that work? What are your thoughts on a treadmill vs. a stationary bike?

I kinda like it here, out in the open, but if you think a new thread would be better?? I'm new at this. I don't want to lose what we have here in posts, so maybe we'll stay here and see how it goes.
Others are going over to Lose It.com and starting there. I went this morning and thought it was great; lots of information. Since March i've written a journal of every bite of food that went into my mouth and it kept me honest. I write the weight weekly, and the BG four times a day plus the exercise (which is pathetic). This way I can see at a glance how I'm doing.
I only weigh once a week because a woman can hold water and gain 3 pounds but have it gone the next. Oftener than weekly would drive me crazy. LOL

For me, being 62 years old, the treadmill allows me to exercise without hurting myself. I couldn't fit my fat butt on a bike! YIKES! But if that's what you have then that is GOOD! A place to start and it's right there for you. Sounds good to me!
Just write whatever you are feeling and doing; it's a place to vent or ask questions. For me it's a connection with people I wouldn't have. It will help me immensely! Thank you for joining. Will be glad to hear your words and take on things. Calories, exercise and talk. I like that.
Later.
TS

DX 2000
Insulin Only
1 aspirin
80mg Atoravastatin
50mg Atenalol
Warfarin
Calcium 1000 mg. daily
Potassium
64 Y.O.
Gained 26 pounds
NEW! NEW! A1c is 5.4!

avsje

avsje

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, I will stay here, and thank you! I will follow your advice and weigh myself weekly. I will focus more on what I am eating and try and write things down.

TeddySue

TeddySue

SENIOR MEMBER!

• Seniors
  • 4,096 posts
And now there are five of us! No one alike, but everyone wanting to gain some control in their lives. Whether it's for self-worth, better BG control, or just to be in control, I believe that losing weight has a benefit for everyone. Let's just use this as a place to share; no one right and no one wrong. Encouragement is a big plus for me, and to see 5 here wanting to achieve something better in their lives is a huge encouragement for me and I hope for you. It can be done. Even if you gain some while losing some, it's always good to have a place to have your say about the whole thing. I pray you all are very successful in your own eyes.
TS

DX 2000
Insulin Only
1 aspirin
80mg Atoravastatin
50mg Atenalol
Warfarin