Photo

I think this is an excuse to buy a new crock pot

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

JanetP

JanetP

Cosmic Possum

• Seniors
  • 7,847 posts
Crock-Pot Ladies Crock-Pot Cheesecake

The would be east to do LC. Problem is my crockpot is about 35 years old and I don't have a pan that would fit. Oh, well. I have been wanting a new crock pot anyway. :D

Janet

Those who deny the existence of dragons are frequently eaten by them.

janice21475

janice21475

Crowing

• Seniors
  • 6,268 posts
Hey Janet, I bet you could dig through your cabinets and find a Pyrex bowl that would fit. CorningWare makes many styles of casserole diishes. They are expensive new but I find them at yard sales and flea markets all the time - dirt cheap. Mostly because older women give them as wedding gifts and the young brides don't have a clue what to do with them. But then, you can't have too many crock pots. I have 4 in my tiny kitchen and a bunch more in deeper storage. If you were closer I would share a bowl. The ones with straight sides and no lip are the best. What shape is your crock pot? I have 2 ovals, large and med. A tiny 1 quart round one, no controls, just plug and go. And something that is a crock pot and remove the ceramic liner and it is a deep fryer. I use it to sort of bake. I set a wire rack in the bottom, set a corning ware bowl on the rack, covered with tin foil, add water to bottom of pot and keep topping off the water until done. Have only made LC egg custards but they came out OK.

I love cheesecake but have never made one.

Husband was T2, 25 units Lantus daily

Gladtobehere

Gladtobehere

• Seniors
  • 1,295 posts

Crock-Pot Ladies Crock-Pot Cheesecake

The would be east to do LC. Problem is my crockpot is about 35 years old and I don't have a pan that would fit. Oh, well. I have been wanting a new crock pot anyway. :D

Check the reviws. Some of the brand name Crock Pots seem to run hot so require constant attention.

Peggy_TX

Peggy_TX

Senior Moments

• Seniors
  • 3,462 posts
I just bought a new one for my mom... finally upgraded from the "turn the manual dial" one she's had for decades, to one she can program for the right cooking time!!

Hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know if it's good... but it got good reviews, and seemed really good for the $$
http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Type 2 /Dx: 12-01-10
A1C= 10.2 on 12-01-10
5.6 on 04-10-11

Since then, A1C has varied from 5.4-6.7  (highest while battling hyperparathyroidism and thyroid cancer)

Metformin ER 2000 (500x4)

Control occasional spikes with insulin (Humalog Kwikpen)

Diet: Moderate Carb (60-80g/day) / no mammals

kmac

kmac

• Members
  • 425 posts
This sure looks delicious!

Would you replace the sugar with another sweetener? I am not too adventurous and mostly use splenda. Suggestions anyone? How about the graham crackers? Ground nuts of some kind?

PS I love my crock pot. I had a very old one and replaced it recently with a new one from Amazon. Still a manual dial type with removable crock just like the old one Love it.

Edited by kmac, 05 February 2014 - 09:20 PM.