- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

IronWill

IronWill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello. Had a small stroke last month. Probably due mostly to my heart issues, but while at the the holispal, I found out that I'm diabetes too. Yay for me. So, now, I'm trying to learn mores of about it, although it's taking some time because the stroke has made it's reading comprehsension harder and has messed with my attention span. I thought I would join here to try and learn more about diabetes issues an whatsnots. Anyho, hi, my name is Will.

TrickyTreeFrog

TrickyTreeFrog

• 500 plus
  • 2,105 posts
  • I am a:Type 2
Hi Will and welcome.

Now Will will you please tell us are you a type 1 or type 2 diabetic. Sure hope your doing better then last month ;) please ask all the questions you wish and look through the different threads.....join chat room if you would like to talk to those visiting there.

Hugs

Da Fwog

Ability is what you're capable of doing.... Motivation determines what you do.... Attitude determines how well you do it."

“Be the captain of your ship :captain:~ take control"

DX'd Type2 - 9/8/10.......BG Doc's office 320
HB -A1C
Sept '10 - 13.8
Nov '10 - 8.2
Dec '10 - 6.5
Jan '11 - 5.8
GHb - A1C
Mar. '11 - 7.2 (or- a 5.4 HBa1c reading)
HB - A1C
Jun. '12 - 5.9
Metformin 500mg x 2 
LCHF diet and I eat to my meter

samuraiguy

samuraiguy

• 500 plus
  • 1,186 posts
Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your stroke. Hope we can at least help you calm your concerns about your diabetes.

Dx T2 12/21/10 A1C 7.3 Random 278
Lost 175 pounds walking 10k steps per day and eating according to the DASH Diet Weight Loss Solution.
Diet and exercise, no meds.

7/8/13 A1C 5.3 FBG 85
10/7/13 A1C 5.3 :D FBG 87
1/8/14 A1C 5.4 (expected Holiday bump) :)

8/5/14 A1C 5.7  :huh:  Not sure why this happened, hoping to lower by November.

Goal: keep my A1C under 5.7.

IronWill

IronWill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have been diagnosed to type 2, although a second doctor I know personally is wantings to see me because he thinks that he thinks I might be type 1.

ramon

ramon

• 500 plus
  • 3,109 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas
Welcome Will and don't worry about your diabetes cause we can and will help. As far as the attention span, join the rest of many here myself included. In order to get you on the right track please give us some more info on your diabetes like what meds you were given and what your bg readings are. (blood glucose) Hang in there and these fine folks will have you back on track in no time.

IronWill

IronWill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Welcome Will and don't worry about your diabetes cause we can and will help. As far as the attention span, join the rest of many here myself included. In order to get you on the right track please give us some more info on your diabetes like what meds you were given and what your bg readings are. (blood glucose) Hang in there and these fine folks will have you back on track in no time.

I am on Nolovog, twice daily-except when my blood glucose is 100. Now, now I'm pretty sure that I was screwing up my readings the first 10ish days or so, because I was taking my read about 45-1hr after eating. Then I talked to a friend of mine who is a diabetic, and she told me that I should be checking about 2 hours after meals. So the first ten days, most of my numbers were around 140-170 after meals. After I started reading about at 2 hours, it was 120 or lower. The last few ten days, my pre-breakfast check is about 110+/- so I'll take about insulin except about the three days or so that I've been less than 100. 2 hours after breakfast I'm at 75-90, and around that just before lunch. About 85-95 2 hours aftr lunch. About 80-95 before dinner(exept a couple days around 105 or so), and around 90-100 2hours after dinner.

ramon

ramon

• 500 plus
  • 3,109 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas
Hey not to bad at all. Checking 1 hr after and then 2 hrs after lets you know how well your pancreas is still functioning. When learning about this disease most of us test before we eat, 1hr after then 2hrs after just to get a clearer picture of what's going on. To be honest you seem to have pretty good control of the situation with those readings, congratulations. Are you following any type of particular diet and btw how are you doing in general after your stroke? Hope all works out for you. You and your friend might want to check out our recipe section with hundreds of diabetic friendly recipes. Ask all and any questions you might need answers to because we care and learn from each other.

Seagal

Seagal

• 500 plus
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
Ditto what Ramon said!

Welcome Will:)

Dx. 2003 6.3
2009 - 5.7
2010 - 5.6
2012 - 5.7
2014 - 5.6
VLC - No Meds

IronWill

IronWill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hey not to bad at all. Checking 1 hr after and then 2 hrs after lets you know how well your pancreas is still functioning. When learning about this disease most of us test before we eat, 1hr after then 2hrs after just to get a clearer picture of what's going on. To be honest you seem to have pretty good control of the situation with those readings, congratulations. Are you following any type of particular diet and btw how are you doing in general after your stroke? Hope all works out for you. You and your friend might want to check out our recipe section with hundreds of diabetic friendly recipes. Ask all and any questions you might need answers to because we care and learn from each other.

Things are going okay with the stroke. Fortunately, auto-spelling is very nice. Now if I could just fix all the times that I repeat when words and phrases needlessly, or the times where I just saying stuff that makes sense to me but to nobody to else. I try to keep sentences small, because I start get distracted and random stuff comes out. I get confused now and then with things. And not really much physically was messed up, just my knee a little, but I can walk except when I'm tired and stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users