• Please log in to reply
1949 replies to this topic

carlalibi

carlalibi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • I am a:Type 1

for me, it's hard to deny that GLP-1 helps prevent hypo's. Here's the evidence. 1. Back in 2014 and earlier without GLP-1, I experienced a treated low blood sugar about one out of every 3 workouts. A workout for me is a six to seven mile run that usually takes about 1 hour. 2. While on GLP-1, I had only a single mild treated low blood sugar during a workout. This over a period of 5 months and approx. 65 one hour workouts. 3. Today, I had another treated mild low blood sugar while running. This makes 3 of these since stopping Bydureon just over a week ago. This evidence seems undeniable that GLP-1 helps me prevent hypo's. I will mention this also to my Endo in the morning. By the way, my blood sugar post prandial is still very slow to rise and I still am taking much less and sometimes no fast acting insulin.

Do you take GLP-1 as L-Glutamine Powder or in another form?

i really hate these low blood sugars while working out. Have those nearly everytime I do sport.

--

I switched my diet to raw food - means coconuts, vegetables, fruits, seats & nuts - no cooking. I took some enzymes as well. I am doing this now for 6 months. I can recommend this (not only for diabetes). but I lowered my insulin about 75 percent. means I did 30 tresiba or levemir a day before my raw food diet. now it is 10. same with fast acting insulin. I think if we try this verapamil thing it is much easier for the body with a raw food diet. btw u can heal type 2 with raw food diet on it's own. dont want to do to much off topic, but I got rid of tooth and back pain because of this as well.

Edited by carlalibi, 04 August 2016 - 07:13 AM.

carlalibi

carlalibi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Got my 120 day c-peptide results today. I'm up again! 1.6 ng/mL this time.

So to recap:

Pre-verapamil: 0.7 ng/mL
30 days: 1.1 ng/mL
60 days: 1.2 ng/mL
90 days: 1.5 ng/mL
120 days: 1.6 ng/mL

yes, but may I ask you: did your life quality improve?

i mean, is your blood sugar more stable?

do you have less hypos?

do you have to think LESS about how much you inject?

do you have less high blood sugar levels?

that's the thing everybody who is reading this thread is asking himself. It is obvious that taking verapamil increases your c-peptide levels.

I read the whole thread now.

but does your LIFE improve because of that? do you have to worry LESS about your diabetic?

Technie

Technie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Do you take GLP-1 as L-Glutamine Powder or in another form?

About L-Glutamine:

feibelman: Still having unexplained high BG readings. Adding Bydureon seemed to have no effect so far. Still taking glutamine so I will give it at least a couple of weeks.
Technie: Check glutamine alone. Test your BG right before glutamine intake and 30, 60 and 120 minutes after. I tried glutamine and discovered that it definitely raises my BG levels, maybe you experiencing same...
feibelman: Every day (except the first day) on glutamine my blood sugars have been elevated (and in the 300's at times) for no apparent reason. I even took byetta, bydureon, victoza, and symlin at the same time and it was still sky high, so I'm stopping glutamine now. It is likely the culprit and I see no need to experiment further. The only other explanation is sickness coming on, but that doesn't seem likely. The high BG levels corresponded with building up my glutamine levels.
Sasaschi: I had unexplainable highs as well. Just two hours ago I was about to test what Technie suggested but my BG was already 300. ...

I switched my diet to raw food - means coconuts, vegetables, fruits, seats & nuts - no cooking. I took some enzymes as well. I am doing this now for 6 months. I can recommend this (not only for diabetes). but I lowered my insulin about 75 percent. means I did 30 tresiba or levemir a day before my raw food diet. now it is 10. same with fast acting insulin. I think if we try this verapamil thing it is much easier for the body with a raw food diet. btw u can heal type 2 with raw food diet on it's own. dont want to do to much off topic, but I got rid of tooth and back pain because of this as well.

Quite the same here. With this meds and low carbs diet I lowered my insulin intake about 80%.

carlalibi

carlalibi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I see, so u do not recommend Glutamine, but what about GLP-1 pens like Byetta,Bydureon or Victoza? arent they a good option to help your pancreas if verapamil works?

for me its all about lowering the insulin from the extern. lower foreign insulin means less hypos means more stable blood sugar.

carlalibi

carlalibi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hey guys
My last A1C when I went to Alabama was a 5.4. And I was producing more then a 2.0+ cpeptide. Ketones will happen when sugars run high , mine really never do unless I eat something I know I shouldn't , and I have checked for ketones but even my doctors tell me that's kind of a waste of time/money unless your running high sugars. I havent really dropped low either recently, lowest is probably in the 70s, that's with running/intense exercise . I really really hope this keeps up and my beta cells don't keep dying off. believe me I check myself all the time in terms of sugar, fasting and after eating . Fasting the last two weeks I always wake up in the 80s.

srsly dswrangler, you should change your diet to raw food. it seems like you can live as a healthy person for the rest of your beautiful life doing that. I recommend "markus rothkranz" on youtube. he is the raw food guru in the usa. (btw. he is originally german and born in cologne, thats where I am from,too ^^)

FUN FACT NO.1 

:D  :lol:  :(  B)

carlalibi

carlalibi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

can someone please explain to me why it is that GLP-1 like Victoza and Bydureon reduce hypos even for a type 1 diabetic ? I thought it only helps control your blood sugar if at least some of your beta cells are still working (type 2) - but in this thread feibelman, hoping4cure and others reported that GLP-1 reduced their hypos - and they are type1.

Edited by carlalibi, 06 August 2016 - 03:15 AM.

feibelman

feibelman

• Seniors
  • 719 posts

I stopped Verapamil after about 15 months because of no sustained increase in c-peptide levels. Several months after stopping Verapamil, I tested c-peptides again and they were the same as when I was on Verapamil.  Verapamil was not curing me for my case of type 1. On the flip side, Verapamil did lower my A1C's. This lowering of A1C was not worth the side-effect of Verapamil (again for me). I still take GLP-1 in the form of Victoza and sometimes switch back and forth from Bydurean. The GLP-1 does lower my A1C levels and smooths out the blood sugar levels by sending a signal to the gut to more slowly digest food. This slow digestion allows food to turn to glucose much slower and therefore limits peaks and valleys. It usually helps to time up the action of insulin with digestion. It also allows for some weight loss. I have noticed that the initial appetite suppression goes away after about 3 to 4 months of using GLP-1.

carlalibi

carlalibi

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Thanks for your summary and your honesty. I did a few things on my own in order to cure me or to get better with type1 diabetes, I know it's hard sometimes if after a while you have to see that it did not work out 100% - even if the start was promising. A lot of people do not have the courage to say this because they are disappointed. But now I know how everything went for you, thanks for your postings and trying verapamil at all.

El6669

El6669

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello guys, I'm 27 years old and I have t1d for ~2 and a half years. My bs are quite ok with 6.5-6.7 Hba1c but would wish for better. I am trying too to figure it out how it works and why it happens. My belief is that there is a fungi/virus/bacteria that sattled in the pancreas and causes beta cell distruction. I want to try ways of helping my body eliminate it. Any ideas?

What I noticed is that when ever I get a flu there are interesting things that happen with my glucose levels, first I have poor bs control(usually ~2 days before the symtpoms of the flu symptoms to start, but ofcource depends on how severe is the flu) I think this is because the imune system gets busy fighting the bacteria and becoming less efficient of distributing the injected insulin, after the ~2 days my bs start to improve and control gets a lot better and more effortless(I think because my immune system got busy with the flu beta cells got a chance to regenerate) but depends on the leinght of the flu my longest effortless period was about 10 days, where I got to use just the slow acting insulin. Any of you experienced something similar?

samtheman4a

samtheman4a

• Members
  • 105 posts
Update: STILL NO PROGRESS FROM VERAPAMIL, as expected

Edited by samtheman4a, 24 November 2016 - 12:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users