- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

lelggren

lelggren

• 500 plus
  • 812 posts
Hi!

Hey, I have this quick question. So, there was this man who came into my work a couple of days ago. I work in a diabetes supply store. Well, he told me that when he was diagnosed and in the hospital, someone told him that he needed to eat one hard-boiled egg a day to make his bg's stay under control. I told him that I had never heard such a thing, but that I would look into it. I have even asked the dieticians that work with me if they have heard that before, and they hadn't. I think that this man might have been just on one because he ended up getting really strange and then offensive, but I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of that, and if so, has it worked for you?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Laura Anne :star:

"Happy Day! All is well!

Pumping with Paradigm 712 since November 17th, 2004

Type 1 since April, 1995

DeusXM

DeusXM

DF member for 11 years

• 500 plus
  • 6,245 posts
  • I am a:Type 1
It might be that the protein in it might help in stabilising your BG levels. However I find insulin works better for me. :tongue:
Want to know the symptoms of diabetes, or find out if you have diabetes? Click here
Don't understand a word or term used in a forum thread? Click here
Want to know if you can drink with diabetes? Click here and here

liz32

liz32

• 500 plus
  • 1,338 posts
I like 2 boiled eggs with low carb toast keeps my sugars just fine and is filling. However, with only 30 grams of carbs...how could my sugars be wrong?
Liz

sydneya

sydneya

• 500 plus
  • 1,105 posts
Nope, I never heard that. But then it sounds like a good breakfast menu.
" Those who wait for roast duck to fly in mouth must wait a very long time. If you need something, don't wait. Go get it."

"This one makes a net. This one sits and wishes. Can you make a bet, which one catches fishes?"

Cinnabon

Cinnabon

• 500 plus
  • 3,291 posts
Never heard of such a thing. Eggs are a great source of protein and protein help stabilize blood sugar levels, but thats about it. No "required" daily intake..lol
T1- 27 yrs
MM-522

A1C steady @ 6.9 for 1.5 yrs. Endo decided to keep me there after a severe hypo causing car accident.
10-2010- 7.1:eek: Due to Ayestin, a medication for an Ovarian Cyst. Its gone but Very BAD side effects, such as constant HBS.

Posted Image
I see thru God's eyes!!!!

http://www.facebook....Leon/1068478571

Erin

Erin

• 500 plus
  • 837 posts
protein = stable blood sugars.

eggs = one of the BEST sources of protein.

hard boiled = probably the healthiest way to prepare an egg (yolk is cooked all the way so no risk of food poisoning, and no added oils or fats in the cooking process)

It's not a MUST eat as a diabetic... but it is a great start to the day.
That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.
- Dorothy Parker

T1 19 years
Minimed Paradigm 522... yay!

someone

someone

• 500 plus
  • 1,227 posts
  • I am a:Type 1
I can only wish it was true that one hard boiled egg a day would keep the highs away.

Eri's mom

Eri's mom

• 500 plus
  • 2,037 posts
LOL, Eri would LOVE that...lol, she loves hard boiled eggs :)

VanDamage

VanDamage

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
i dont know about the highs but what about his cholestrol levels ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users