- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

kid_fears99

kid_fears99

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Have any of you tried Diet Ocean Spray? If not, it is AWESOME! I highly recommend it. It tastes like orange juice and it only has 3 carbs!!! It didn't affect my BGLs at all. Just thought I'd let you guys know about this - I haven't had orange juice (except to correct lows) in years, so I was thrilled to find this. Check it out and let me know what you think.
I was diagnosed in October 1996.
I have been pumping since 6/13/2006.
I'm a Fight-a-betic!!!! :T

karen

karen

• 500 plus
  • 219 posts
What is the sweetner used?

Karen

Tokyo Cate

Tokyo Cate

• 500 plus
  • 703 posts
When I was home visiting my family last, my sis had Ocean Spray Light Cranberry cocktail that was "fortified" with Spenda--I just checked the website and it has 10 grams of carbs for an 8 ounce serving.

The Diet Cranberry Orange Citrus Spray has 5 calories per serving (it doesn't indicate carbs). The site doesn't indicate what the sweetener is, but it looks like Splenda is their sweetener of choice.
I was diagnosed in spring 1991.
I am currently on Lantus/Novorapid MDI.
I used to use a Minimed 506 (1993-2005).
My last A1C was 6.0 (September 2006).

carrie37

carrie37

• 500 plus
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

When I was home visiting my family last, my sis had Ocean Spray Light Cranberry cocktail that was "fortified" with Spenda--I just checked the website and it has 10 grams of carbs for an 8 ounce serving.

The Diet Cranberry Orange Citrus Spray has 5 calories per serving (it doesn't indicate carbs). The site doesn't indicate what the sweetener is, but it looks like Splenda is their sweetener of choice.

Sounds awesome! I will try to pick some up this grocery trip!!
:itsme: Karen Type 2

1000mg Metformin
10pen Byetta
10mg Crestor

Diagnosed May 2005

pam

pam

• 500 plus
  • 169 posts
Hm, the Ocean Spray company is close to me yet I don't see that product in our local stores.

Tokyo Cate

Tokyo Cate

• 500 plus
  • 703 posts

Hm, the Ocean Spray company is close to me yet I don't see that product in our local stores.

The website said that is was coming in the spring, so you should see it in the aisles of your favourite grocery store soon!!
I was diagnosed in spring 1991.
I am currently on Lantus/Novorapid MDI.
I used to use a Minimed 506 (1993-2005).
My last A1C was 6.0 (September 2006).

pam

pam

• 500 plus
  • 169 posts
*** INGREDIENTS: Filtered Water, Cranberry Juice from Concentrate, Natural Flavors, Pectin, Citric Acid, Fumaric Acid, Sucralose (SPLENDA Brand) Sodium Citrate, Acesulfame Potassium, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Red 40 (color).

I can't WAIT for this!

kid_fears99

kid_fears99

• 500 plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
I forgot to mention - In the grocery store, it was in the bottled juices aisle (with Gatorade and juice boxes), not in the refrigerated section - just in case anyone's looking for it :)
I was diagnosed in October 1996.
I have been pumping since 6/13/2006.
I'm a Fight-a-betic!!!! :T

pam

pam

• 500 plus
  • 169 posts
I love the Tropicana Berry Blend with just a few carbs, but that half gallon carton is heavy to shlep in all the time.

My favorite was the low carb juice drinks whose brand name escapes me, Welch's I think, but my local stores no longer carry it.

kgm0612

kgm0612

• 500 plus
  • 7,672 posts
Pam..........I'm one state over from you..........you'd think we'd have the product first before everyone else! LOL

Have you tried the Minute Maid light juices yet? I love the Limeade flavor. It has 15 calories and 4g of carbs per 8oz serving. I buy it at Stop & Shop in the OJ aisle.

Karen

camjen1

camjen1

• 500 plus
  • 3,658 posts
The Minute Maid is really good! I have also tried diet Dr. Pepper Berries and Cream. It's not something I would drink on a regular basis.
~Sandi~
Pumping for almost 6 years
MM Purple 722 with Humalog
Symlin

Just because I've been on df for a whole day doesn't mean I'm ADDICTED... my chair is just COMFY...

pam

pam

• 500 plus
  • 169 posts
Hallelujah! I went to Stop and Shop this morning and sure enough, they not only had the 1 liter bottles, they had them on sale for half price -- $1.99 regular price but sale price 99 cents.

I now own 12 bottles. I actually opened the cranberry flavor bottle right then and there to taste it before buying them. It has 2 grams of sugar and 2 grams of carbs, 50 mg of sodium. It takes like a slighty watered down cranberry juice but I liked it! I like the Welch's! Apple Cranberry better but no one around here is selling it.

I'm going out later and if I'm near a Stop & Shop will buy some more.

Starlight

Starlight

• 500 plus
  • 157 posts
Oh yum! I love cranberry juice but unfortunately, its only available to me when im low...so this is great news! :five: Next time im at the shops, i'll see if its on the shelves. :)

KickStart101

KickStart101

• 500 plus
  • 3,185 posts
:hmmmm: Diet eh?? I do have a glass of the regular cranerry
juice every few days, love it. I saw it advertized as light ocean
spray. I suppose it's the same. I'll try it eventually I guess. I
would like to hear others comments also when they try it.
Type 1 for 46 yrs.
%%%%%%%%%%
Dxd. Dec./1961
%%%%%%%%%%
MDI ~:hello:
%%%%%%%%%%
***CARLIE***
~*~*~*~*~*~
*Good Luck 07-08 Sens*
~*~*~*~*~*~

~~:cheers:~~
%%%%%%%%%%

pam

pam

• 500 plus
  • 169 posts
Big difference between the "diet" and "light". Light has 10 grams of sugar, diet has 2.

KickStart101

KickStart101

• 500 plus
  • 3,185 posts

Big difference between the "diet" and "light". Light has 10 grams of sugar, diet has 2.

Okay Pam, thanks for that. I'll give the diet a try when it's about. :)
Type 1 for 46 yrs.
%%%%%%%%%%
Dxd. Dec./1961
%%%%%%%%%%
MDI ~:hello:
%%%%%%%%%%
***CARLIE***
~*~*~*~*~*~
*Good Luck 07-08 Sens*
~*~*~*~*~*~

~~:cheers:~~
%%%%%%%%%%

JediSkipdogg

JediSkipdogg

• 500 plus
  • 8,759 posts
  • I am a:Type 1
I may have to try some of these. Does the Diet Ocean Spray still have all the nutritional value (like pure fruit juices, etc.) of regular Ocean Spray? I'm tired of drinking OJ in the morning and running 300 for about an hour (from my DP problem added on top of OJ being so fast acting) so I'm looking for something new.

●Police Dispatcher
●Type 1 diabetic since 11 months old
●Pumper since December of 2002
~Animas IR 1000 (Dec. 2002 - Jan. 2005)
~Animas IR 1200 (Jan. 2005 - Jan. 2009)
~Cozmo 1800 (Jan. 2009 - ?)
●Dexcom Seven+ (Aug 1, 2009 - Oct 31, 2012)
●Dexcom G4 (Nov 1, 2012 - ???)

Diabetes is an Art, NOT a Science. You must master the control by skills and not by knowledge alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users