Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MinimedPumper07

Feel hot like a fever, but no fever....anyone had this?

27 posts in this topic

Every once in a while I get really hot and feel dizzy as if I were sick but I know I'm not and I don't have a headache. Anyone have any ideas?

My son (aged 8) often feels like this and when I test, the sugar is on the high side - 14 and higher. I can even feel the heat if I feel the portion on his neck right below the round bone behind the ear( sorry don't know how else to describe this eara!). It literally feels hotter than normal.

feeling hot or flushed can be a symptom of hyperglycemia.... I often feel hot or flushed when my sugars are up.... do a finger stick.... if you BGL levels are normal and you're still concerned...just measure your temp.

That's funny because my hubby's not diabetic, but I just took his temperature because he's all hot and sweaty. I had to laugh because his temp's a perfect 96.9! I don't know what's going on!

That's funny because my hubby's not diabetic, but I just took his temperature because he's all hot and sweaty. I had to laugh because his temp's a perfect 96.9! I don't know what's going on!

Too funny!

Take care of him nurse Tanya! :D:nurse:

It happens to me too! But I don't always have high BGs when it happens.:confused:

thats exactly what I mean. I test and I'm at 100 or something perfect like that. Could this be thyroid problems or me just being a hypochondriacc?

I think it might have something to do with the thyroid, are you on synthroid? Sometimes that happens to me too, but usually my BS is on the rise when it happens.

Well, this might totally be an old wives tale, but my Grandma (who is 99) swears by it.

Whenever I (or anyone else) felt like they had a fever but didn't, she called it an internal fever, and would treat us just like we actually had a fever.

More than once we'd actually be sick within a day or so...maybe it's some sort of internal precursor...I don't know!

I only get hot and sweaty when I'm running quite low. I tend to feel cold when I'm high (aside from feeling really ill).

Too funny!

Take care of him nurse Tanya! :D:nurse:

I'm going to whisper this,.......my hubby is a giant BABY when he's sick! Sssshhhhhh!

remeber tanya-rectal temps are the most accurate....;) trish

Did I mention the giant BABY part???!!! :)

I think it might have something to do with the thyroid, are you on synthroid? Sometimes that happens to me too, but usually my BS is on the rise when it happens.

No i dont take meds for anything. maybe i do have thyroid problem i havent felt right for about 4 months now. cant wait to see doc in december, i am counting the days...

It's also possible that you are chronically dehydrated. That can cause those symptoms. We are all so prone to dehydration, even if we drink a lot of water and have great blood suga levels.

It could also be the thyroid issue as people are suggesting.

It could also be hypoglycemia. I have had Type 1 for 14 years, and I no longer get jittery with slight or even extreme hypoglycemia, BUT I get sweaty and hot. For example, it will be winter and I will have to take off my coat for a while outside. Only recently have I been able to recognize that the sweating is from hypoglycemia and NOT from me walking too fast (as I tend to do lol, I live in NYC, and we all walk too fast).

We are all so prone to dehydration, even if we drink a lot of water and have great blood sugar levels.

Can you elaborate on this statement... how are we ALL prone to dehydration.... there would have to be another factor thats not easy to miss..like extreme HEAT to make your statement true.....

One doesn't get dehydrated by drinking enough fluids.

I have this at least 30x's a day. Hot flashes stink. :mad:

Me too.

I have the hot feeling a LOT of the time . . . and I rarely have a fever, even though I feel I should!

I turn cold when I drink something cold, and get hot when I drink something hot. My husband thinks I'm strange!

I also,

- don't usually drink enough water

- take synthroid (very stable at .2 mg daily, which is more than most people take)

- take accuretic for bp (controlled well)

i have night sweats for a few days at a go and then they go away, no illness, blood sugar fine. all very strange! i should take my temp next time maybe

I just got like this last night out of nowhere. My face was even a little red and had a small headache, maybe stress. Today I feel okay. It certainly is weird.

My girlfriend insists that feeling warm is a sympton of diabetes. I have searched and searched and all I have been able to come up with is either a) hypoglycemia, or B) autonomic neuropathy. She claims that high bg levels cause it too.

Has anybody else heard this? If so, can you please point me to a site where this "symptom" is described and discussed by physicians or researchers?

BTW I have had type 2 for 20 years and control it with diet and exercise alon - and see my MD 4X a year.

Tell your girlfriend that she should put down the crack pipe....

Feeling warm is not a "symptom" of diabetes.

Kevin E.R. R.N

Tell your girlfriend that she should put down the crack pipe....

Feeling warm is not a "symptom" of diabetes.

Kevin E.R. R.N

Was there any need at all for the snark? seriously?!?!

There is NO way you're a nurse! To be a nurse and be THAT ignorant. No way. lol

And yes, hot flashes are a symptom that CAN indeed come along with diabetes. I know! so does my DOCTOR. I really hope for your ''patients'' sake that your bed side matter (as a nurse) is more polite than your demeanor on a message board.

And OMG you're a ER nurse, you're probably one of those "nurses" who scream "addict!!" when people come in looking a little 'poor' or uneducated.. but with real health issues and you accuse them for drug seeking. ICK. And if you do come back to this thread, you'll probably only say you're TRYING (hard) to be funny..your attitude is disgusting and not at all humorous..FRANKLY.

The OP didn't deserve this type of answer from you. Be polite. This board stays around because of these posters. Jeez.