Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shutterbug

Baby carrots?

17 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have a bag of baby carrots that I brought to work today. When I search the forums, I get different information thats a little confusing.

So.. carrots are a bi starchy. But, should I avoid having a cup of baby carrots for my mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack?

A 1/2 cup of raw baby carrots have the following:

Calories: 35

Total Carbohydrates: 9g

Fiber: 2g

Sugar 6g

Protein: 1g

Karen

If you need a snack, baby carrots are great. I eat them often and they have very little impact on my sugar. An added bonus is that they take up space reserved for chocolate and count 100% as a vegetable. :D

Mike

Baby carrots don't spike my sugar because of the fiber. They are good for the **eyes** (bats eyelashes) and they keep me full a long time. A good healthy snack in my book!

I go overboard with baby carrots and eat the whole bag. They're a favorite of mine. In moderation you should be ok.

I must be the only person on the forum who doesn't like carrots...to me, they taste as I imagine dirt would taste! I've tried them baked, glazed and raw!

I must be the only person on the forum who doesn't like carrots...to me, they taste as I imagine dirt would taste! I've tried them baked, glazed and raw!

WHAT?!?!?!

We're not friends anymore ;)

Oh come on people...there MUST be other carrot-haters out there somewhere. Orang-colored food just shouldn't taste like carrots (guess I had too many cheetos, circus peanuts and orange sherbet in my "pre-D" life..to me, that's what something orange should taste like;) !....but I do like beets!:D

BEETS!!!!!!!! eW! BLECH!! Now I KNOW you ain't right!! LOLOL

I think I have an OLD baby book from my mother, where she tried to feed me beets, and it said I violently spit them out. As far as baby carrots, I love them but my doctor said no matter what you eat, do it in moderation (i.e eat a portion not the whole bag).

I should eat more of them as they are great sources of fiber and at least a little colorful, to say the least! Helps many a blah dinner plate.

I think the baby carrots of today (sold mass in grocery stores) are really cut from just regular "big" carrots. A chef told me this...but my MIL swears that just can't be true. But, I think a true baby carrot is much more slender and tender...does anyone know the difference?

I eat baby carrots as part of my lunch every day, much for the same reasons as posted prior. I just learned though how much better the organic baby carrots taste than the regular, and they don't cost much more.

Ok, I don't like raw carrots either! *ducks from all the carrot lovers* I will eat them cooked in combination with other veggies and I used to fix them sweetened in brown sugar ... not anymore! ;)

Thank you Kim!!! I was beginning to feel very lonely in my role as the lone forum carrot-hater.:D Maybe its a "Tennessee" thing?;)