Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TenderVittleS

Where can I get cheap OneTouch Ultra strips?

12 posts in this topic

Right now I am currently without health insurance and was wondering if anyone knew where or how I could get cheap or discounted test strips until my health insurance kicks in. I have tried Ebay but I would like to know if there are better options. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ebay is the only place I can think of too.

I will look at the links I have saved and see if I have any thing that helps.

I think the Welcome To Together Rx Access, card gets a discount on OneTouch strips , they are on the list of prescriptions. Dont know what the discount is, but I used my card when I was with out insurance and it saved a good bit on my antibiotic and painpills after I had a tooth removed last year.

Right now I am currently without health insurance and was wondering if anyone knew where or how I could get cheap or discounted test strips until my health insurance kicks in. I have tried Ebay but I would like to know if there are better options. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

When is your health insurance going to kick in?

I'd say ebay. I just bought 100 test strips for $56 (including shipping). But, you might be able to find a better deal. I do have coverage with my insurance, but I don't want to call my doc office for frequent refills. Their current prescription is for testing 2 times a day. But, I check anywhere beteen 4-6 times a day.

Ebay is your best bet but make sure they aren't expired strips. Do you have health insurance now or are you waiting for that to kick in? I ask because I'm wondering if you would fall under a pre-existing condition at all.

Thanks for all your reply's and help! My insurance should kick in 2 months from now, but you all know how expensive everything can be without insurance. Once again thanks again to everybody!:)

I'd say ebay. I just bought 100 test strips for $56 (including shipping). But, you might be able to find a better deal. I do have coverage with my insurance, but I don't want to call my doc office for frequent refills. Their current prescription is for testing 2 times a day. But, I check anywhere beteen 4-6 times a day.

You can ask your doc to up your prescription, mine just did, from 4 times to 8 times a day; could save you lots of $$!

Thanks for all your reply's and help! My insurance should kick in 2 months from now, but you all know how expensive everything can be without insurance. Once again thanks again to everybody!:)

You won't find "cheap" one touch strips anywhere execpt ebay. I would go to walmart and buy the reli-on brand of strips and one of their cheap meters.

If you need "cheap" strips...I'd switch to a generic meter. The basic meters usually have strips that cost half of the Ultra's. I use Ultra's and love the accuracy...but I'm on insurance. If I wasn't, I'd go the basic route.

I get very good deals on One Touch Ultra strips usually through eBay but Amazon too. Ebay is cheaper but some people prefer Amazon. Other than those places you are going to have to settle for Walmart,which can't offer nearly the discount you get online. Good Luck!