Tattoo azz

Photo club

1,833 posts in this topic

I just received a few pictures from my daughter of my grandson, and I can't help but feel like....well....as he gets older, he will be breaking a lot of girls hearts because he is so cute.  This is what he looks like now...he is three years old....

Grandson 02.jpg

Edited by Hammer
Java, adiantum, meyery2k and 2 others like this

What a beautiful grandson you have Hammer and a very talented daughter .

That photo is  stunning.

meyery2k, janice21475, macksvicky and 1 other like this

Yes, my daughter is the family photographer.  I look at the photos that she has taken that line the walls of her house, and I am amazed at how good they look.  They almost look like they are in 3-D, and the colors just jump out at you!  I don't know how she does it, but she is one of the best photographers that I have ever seen.  I don't have the eye that she has for photos, and I never will learn how to do that.

macksvicky, Java, janice21475 and 1 other like this

Hammer, Your daughter could easily be a professional in the highest sense of the word. Not just a Big Box Store Holiday photographer but Exhibition quality. I am very impressed. Cute boy, too.

Edited by janice21475
TX_Clint, macksvicky and meyery2k like this

3 hours ago, janice21475 said:

Hammer, Your daughter could easily be a professional in the highest sense of the word. Not just a Big Box Store Holiday photographer but Exhibition quality. I am very impressed. Cute boy, too.

I have watched my daughter progress over the years with her photographic skills.  When she was in middle school, I let her borrow my Pentax 35mm camera to take pictures.  She eventually became her school newspaper's photographer.  When she graduated from high school, I bought her a Canon Digital Rebel, which had just come out on the market.

When she went to college, she majored in photography, with a minor in graphic design.  While in college, she got a part time job working with a wedding photographer and his wife.  The photographer and his wife would use 35mm cameras to photograph the wedding, and they lent my daughter a high end digital camera to take more pictures of the wedding.  They liked my daughter's pictures so much that they offered her a full time job when she graduated from college, but my daughter, upon getting her bachelor's degree in photography, applied for and got a job working as a staff photographer for the House of Representatives, which is where she works now.

After years of using the Canon Digital Rebel to do side jobs photographing weddings, she wanted to sell it and get a better camera.  The Digital Rebel only had a 6.3 megapixel sensor, which was barely large enough to do wedding photography, so I bought her a Canon 5D Mark II that Christmas (with a full frame 21 megapixel sensor), as well as a 70-200mm top of the line Canon zoom lens and memory cards and extra battery packs for the camera.  Once she moved into her present house, and wanted to set up a portrait studio in her basement, I gave her a set of two strobe lights....each strobe was adjustable from 1 watt to 1,000 watts, as well as tripods for the strobes and reflective umbrellas for the strobes.

As a father, it's gratifying to see that by letting my daughter use my original Pentax, 35mm film camera, it started her on a career path that led her to where she is today. 

adiantum, macksvicky and meyery2k like this

I have a couple of professional photographer friends and it simply amazes me how they can set up a shot in seemingly no time.  Whenever I get a "like" from them on Facebook, I feel like I have accomplished something!

That is a remarkable photo of your grandson Hammer!

macksvicky and adiantum like this

18 hours ago, meyery2k said:

I have a couple of professional photographer friends and it simply amazes me how they can set up a shot in seemingly no time.  Whenever I get a "like" from them on Facebook, I feel like I have accomplished something!

That is a remarkable photo of your grandson Hammer!

That is what my daughter does too.  She'd ask me to bring my camera to some event, like her son's birthday party, so that I can take pictures, since she'd be too busy with the party to take pictures herself.  I'd try to take some pictures, but the lighting was rather dark, so I'd ask her what I needed to do to get some decent pictures.  She'd take the camera, make some adjustments, take a few pictures, then hand the camera back to me, and the pictures she took, as well as the ones I took after she made some adjustments, turned out really well.  She can just grab a camera, and know exactly what needs to be done to get good pictures in the environment that she's in.

When she was in college, one of her required courses was videography.  One of her classroom projects placed her into a small group, where the group had to make a short movie video.  That involved scouting a location, lighting the scene properly, finding people to act in the video, making up a script, etc., everything that a movie studio would do to make a movie.  When her small group finished the video, the teacher was so impressed that he entered it into a competition, sort of like the Sundance Film Festival.  The teacher said that he could always tell when some of the students making the videos were taking photography also, because the lighting in the scenes was always perfect.  My daughter's group's video didn't win anything, but I was impressed that the teacher thought enough of it to enter it into the competition.

adiantum, meyery2k and ran23 like this