Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superjew78

How do YOU feel when your Blood Sugar is high?

25 posts in this topic

I am just wondering what do you notice about yourself when your blood sugars are high?

Me personally, I think i tend to sweat more. I am a bit overweight as it is but i seem to sweat more on a normal day. Also i feel tired and i think i tend to be short with people. :(

What are some side effects that you notice about yourself?

I get frustrated, which is exacerbated by the fact that high numbers make me irritable, so basically I'm a joy to live with ;)

I tend to get a headache and lightheaded when I am really high. I feel hungover as well, and generally unmotivated. Like I just want to lay down and do nothing. Correctively steer and push through it.

-Nathaniel

:) Hi,

I never used to feel anything but over the last year I have noticed I feel my skin is hotter and dryer,(more flushed in the face) Also I'm irratable . I feel queasey in the stomach but it's a different feeling to being low

When my numbers go over 200 I sweat a lot, I feel tired, headache, sometimes blurry vision, and always sleepy...

I've actually fallen asleep at my desk, an hour or so after lunch, while I was typing...

I'd still be sitting faceing the monitor with my hand on the mouse, and realize that an hour has suddenly gone by... :eek:

When my numbers go over 200 I sweat a lot, I feel tired, headache, sometimes blurry vision, and always sleepy...

I've actually fallen asleep at my desk, an hour or so after lunch, while I was typing...

I'd still be sitting faceing the monitor with my hand on the mouse, and realize that an hour has suddenly gone by... :eek:

I felt this way too! Today was the first 80+ degree day that i was able to go outside with my daughter and i didnt feel like ****.

I tend to get snappy and grouchy and retreat back to myself and want to do nothing more then lay around and do nothing at all. and even when i get up to do something sometimes i just can't bring myself to do it. and the littlest thins can set me off

I never feel different (or maybe I haven't learnt to tell). But either way, it's quite frustrating. I mean I'm sure I get high, but how can I take corrective action if I can't tell I need to?

I never feel different (or maybe I haven't learnt to tell). But either way, it's quite frustrating. I mean I'm sure I get high, but how can I take corrective action if I can't tell I need to?

Test, test, test!

At least until you know, test berfore each meal and 2 hours after your first bite... IF your meal has a high fat content you can also test at the 3 or 4 hour mark after a meal...

At each testing look at the numbers, close your eyes, and ask yourself, "How do I really feel?"

You'll figure it out, it just takes time and practice. Your meter is the single most important and powerful tool in your War against the big D :)

Sweaty, hungry, start to not mind the gas prices ( I know something is wrong then :) ) just want to lay down....:(

Whenever I have "brain fog" or have to urinate frequently, I know my #s are high. I also notice that my face feels flushed as well....as for "short-fuse," I save that for when i'm near 70...hubby will usually tell me to "go and eat something, you're getting fussy!"

I FEEL DEPRIVED... (thinking of all those goodies one could eat)

I think I move towards grouchy more easily

( BUT I COULD BE JUST CONFUSING MY LOW TOLERANCE OF

STUPID PEOPLE WITH BEING A TYPE 2 GROUCH )

I think im less motivated and choose lazier things like just watching a movie instead of going fishing...